That felt good

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flyingcoyote, Feb 1, 2003.

  1. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    Just finished up some trail maintenance at a local park. We had a good turn out with about 8 people
    showing up to take care of a nasty culvert which was washing out. Reinforced it, cleaned it up,
    looks good. Also took care of a few other areas here and there which were fast becoming a hazard
    with the recent rains.

    Makes me feel like maybe we can actually make a difference in opening, keeping open, cutting and
    maintaining trails in the future.

    Now, to shower my stinky self and get over to Erin's grandmothers for some birthday gubbin'. (Her
    grandmothers birthday, that is.)

    Oh yeah!

    --
    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just finished up some trail maintenance at a local park. We had a good
    turn
    > out with about 8 people showing up to take care of a nasty culvert which
    was
    > washing out. Reinforced it, cleaned it up, looks good. Also took care of a few other areas here
    > and there which were fast becoming a hazard with the recent rains.
    >
    > Makes me feel like maybe we can actually make a difference in opening, keeping open, cutting and
    > maintaining trails in the future.
    >
    > Now, to shower my stinky self and get over to Erin's grandmothers for some birthday gubbin'. (Her
    > grandmothers birthday, that is.)
    >
    > Oh yeah!
    >
    > --
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
    > --

    Well done!

    Mike

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just finished up some trail maintenance at a local park. We had a good
    turn
    > out with about 8 people showing up to take care of a nasty culvert which
    was
    > washing out. Reinforced it, cleaned it up, looks good. Also took care of a few other areas here
    > and there which were fast becoming a hazard with the recent rains.
    >
    > Makes me feel like maybe we can actually make a difference in opening, keeping open, cutting and
    > maintaining trails in the future.
    >
    > Now, to shower my stinky self and get over to Erin's grandmothers for some birthday gubbin'. (Her
    > grandmothers birthday, that is.)
    >
    > Oh yeah!
    >
    > --
    > FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

    Good on ya! We need more people such as yourself who are concerned enough to make time to do trail
    work. We've got some scheduled at Dauset pretty soon. I'll be there.