That Kids' menu items thread

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. In article <[email protected]>, Miche
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]_s03>, Julia Altshuler <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > This is as good a place for me to jump in as any.
    > >
    > > No it's not. This is about watching a fight. Go back to the other thread, please. Unless you've
    > > got food and libations to share, and a comfortable chair or maybe a blanket from which to watch
    > > the antics.
    >
    > Miche arrives with a lawn chair, a bowl of popcorn and a pitcher of mint juleps.
    >
    > Hi guys, got a space for me?
    >
    > Miche

    Absotively!! <sqwooshing over to make room and wanting to be near the
    libation>. Anything special on the popcorn?
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
     


  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    >
    > Nancy Young <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > >
    > > Barefoot Contessa is on, she is giving some kind of kiddie party, guess what she made for
    > > dinner?
    > >
    > > What else? Breaded and fried chicken strips.
    > >
    > > Struck me as amusing. nancy
    >
    > I'm watching it. Methinks if more parental units did this type of thing with their kids; The issue
    > of dining out would not be an issue. Naturally everything she is serving up is healthy <snort>
    >
    > Michael <- watching all that sugar being pumped into those little bodies

    I was going into sugar shock just watching the show! (laugh) Think they had enough candy?

    nancy
     
  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >>> I do believe it's time to get the lawn chairs and the libations and snacks out. My money's on
    >>> Kimberly. Yoo-hoo, notbob -- go fetch us some buffalo wings and maybe some Midnight Milky Ways.
    >>> I'll save your place until you get back.
    >>> mumblemumblewherethehellisDamselwhenshe'sneededmumblemumble
    >>> --
    >>> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
    >>
    >> I got the ABT's and some BBQ'ed ribs.
    >>
    >> BOB and the thread you mentioned "ignored"
    >
    > Come sit here, dear---and bring those ribs. What's an ABT? <Gives Miche an elbow away so BOB can
    > sit by ME!> Got any beer? Sam Adams Cherry Wheat preferred, Hon.
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

    ABT's? You might *not* like the name...Atomic Buffalo Turds. Jalapeno peppers, de-seeded, stuffed
    (usually with cream cheese and sausage) wrapped in bacon and grilled (yes, over a wood charcoal
    fire). They are fantastic! and unfortunately, with today's jalapenos, not very hot.

    Might bring the neighbor's home brewed beer if it's available. Miche can stay close by...plenty off
    refreshmens for all.

    BOB wondering how/why *this* thread drifted away from the intended topic so soon
     
  4. In article <[email protected]>, " BOB"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> I got the ABT's and some BBQ'ed ribs.
    > >>
    > >> BOB and the thread you mentioned "ignored"
    > >
    > > Come sit here, dear---and bring those ribs. What's an ABT?

    > ABT's? You might *not* like the name...Atomic Buffalo Turds. Jalapeno peppers, de-seeded, stuffed
    > (usually with cream cheese and sausage) wrapped in bacon and grilled (yes, over a wood charcoal
    > fire). They are fantastic! and unfortunately, with today's jalapenos, not very hot.
    >
    > Might bring the neighbor's home brewed beer if it's available. Miche can stay close by...plenty
    > off refreshmens for all.

    > BOB wondering how/why *this* thread drifted away from the intended topic so soon

    Julia done it. Atomic Buffalo Turds? Oy. Too bad they sound so darned good.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
     
  5. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    >
    > sf <[email protected]> deliciously posted in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:37:39 GMT, Julia Altshuler <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> What restaurants can do to cater to children thus encouraging parents to want to bring them
    > >> back that won't be too hard on the bottom line: SERVE THEM FASTER!
    > > AND give them something to do while waiting. Restaurants that give kids some crayons and a paper
    > > placemat to draw on have the right idea.
    >
    > Oh dear God. Next the restaurant will have to provide a Day Care room for the wee ones ;)
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --

    When you look at the number of children killed or harmed by babysitters, that's not such a bad idea.
    It would allow parents to dine out in relative peace as well as the other patrons of the restaurant.
    (A soundproof room, one would hope.)

    gloria p
     
  6. Kalanamak

    Kalanamak Guest

    Puester wrote:

    > When you look at the number of children killed or harmed by babysitters, that's not such a
    > bad idea.

    Do you have statistics on that? I though parents/step parents were the most deadly, with strangers
    at the bottom of the list. If you are right, what is to keep the daycare person at the restaurant
    from throttling Wee Harolde? blacksalt
     
  7. Sf

    Sf Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:07:52 -0000, Dog3
    <[email protected];not> wrote:

    > sf <[email protected]> deliciously posted in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:37:39 GMT, Julia Altshuler <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> This is as good a place for me to jump in as any.
    > >>
    > >> What restaurants can do to cater to children thus encouraging parents to want to bring them
    > >> back that won't be too hard on the bottom line:
    > >>
    > >> SERVE THEM FASTER!
    > >>
    > > AND give them something to do while waiting. Restaurants that give kids some crayons and a
    > > paper placemat to draw on have the right idea.
    >
    > Oh dear God. Next the restaurant will have to provide a Day Care room for the wee ones ;)
    >

    Hmmm. Not a bad idea, but I'm afraid that will "impact" the bottom line.

    Seriously, though - the types of restaurants where kids can be taken without remorse are the
    inexpensive, noisy chains like Chevy's and Applebee's, ethnic reataurants - especially chinese or
    mexican and your local mom & pop diner will probably be kid friendly too.

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments
     
  8. S.Dunlap

    S.Dunlap Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > > I do believe it's time to get the lawn chairs and the libations and snacks out. My money's on
    > > > Kimberly. Yoo-hoo, notbob -- go fetch us some buffalo wings and maybe some Midnight Milky
    > > > Ways. I'll save your place until you get back.
    > > > mumblemumblewherethehellisDamselwhenshe'sneededmumblemumble
    > > > --
    > > > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
    > >
    > > I got the ABT's and some BBQ'ed ribs.
    > >
    > > BOB and the thread you mentioned "ignored"
    >
    > Come sit here, dear---and bring those ribs. What's an ABT? <Gives Miche an elbow away so BOB can
    > sit by ME!> Got any beer? Sam Adams Cherry Wheat preferred, Hon.

    Nah...Raspberry Lambic or Kriek - from Belgium....like drinking fizzy fruti juice till you go to
    stand up!. LOL.

    Sandi
     
  9. S.Dunlap wrote:

    > Nah...Raspberry Lambic or Kriek - from Belgium....like drinking fizzy fruti juice till you go to
    > stand up!. LOL.

    I LOVE that stuff. I'd drink it every night if I could afford it. I'd buy it by the case if that
    would bring down the price. There's also Okanagan brand apple and pear cider available in Western
    Canada. I've been known to bring back 6 packs in my carry-on luggage. (There's also a cherry and
    other flavors, but only the apple and pear taste like the real fruit.)

    --Lia
     
  10. MareCat

    MareCat Guest

    On 1 Mar 2004 04:45:39 -0800, [email protected] (S.Dunlap) wrote:

    >Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<barbschaller-
    >[email protected]>...
    >> In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    >> > > I do believe it's time to get the lawn chairs and the libations and snacks out. My money's on
    >> > > Kimberly. Yoo-hoo, notbob -- go fetch us some buffalo wings and maybe some Midnight Milky
    >> > > Ways. I'll save your place until you get back.
    >> > > mumblemumblewherethehellisDamselwhenshe'sneededmumblemumble
    >> > > --
    >> > > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
    >> >
    >> > I got the ABT's and some BBQ'ed ribs.
    >> >
    >> > BOB and the thread you mentioned "ignored"
    >>
    >> Come sit here, dear---and bring those ribs. What's an ABT? <Gives Miche an elbow away so BOB can
    >> sit by ME!> Got any beer? Sam Adams Cherry Wheat preferred, Hon.
    >
    >
    >Nah...Raspberry Lambic or Kriek - from Belgium....like drinking fizzy fruti juice till you go to
    >stand up!. LOL.
    >
    >Sandi

    Lindemans Peche or Framboise. Mmmmmmm...my all-time favorite beer. Problem is, it tastes so good, I
    can't stop drinking it...
     
  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Oh and I had completely ignored that thread....got a good laugh reading parts of it though..thanks
    for pointing it out.

    tonight's din din for kids - the both are just getting over a tummy bug (lucky mommy me..maybe I
    should send them out to eat to sit next to some of the folks on the thread?)

    oatmeal - made from scratch on top of the stove, with just a touch of brown sugar to please there
    taste buds and make it appealing enough to eat.

    I, mommy, had some leftover homemade Thai curry (with chicken), most of the chicken was gone but
    lots of mummy sauce and rice and potatos.

    The dad is having left over burgers from last nights cookout.

    Oh and i ate a papaya. didn't share it with anyone. :))

    --
    Laura

    GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

    "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
    [email protected]
    > I do believe it's time to get the lawn chairs and the libations and snacks out. My money's on
    > Kimberly. Yoo-hoo, notbob -- go fetch us some buffalo wings and maybe some Midnight Milky Ways.
    > I'll save your place until you get back.
    > mumblemumblewherethehellisDamselwhenshe'sneededmumblemumble
    > --
    > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
     
  12. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]ni-berlin.de>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > > > I do believe it's time to get the lawn chairs and the libations and snacks out. My money's on
    > > > Kimberly. Yoo-hoo, notbob -- go fetch us some buffalo wings and maybe some Midnight Milky
    > > > Ways. I'll save your place until you get back.
    > > > mumblemumblewherethehellisDamselwhenshe'sneededmumblemumble
    > > > --
    > > > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
    > >
    > > I got the ABT's and some BBQ'ed ribs.
    > >
    > > BOB and the thread you mentioned "ignored"
    >
    > Come sit here, dear---and bring those ribs. What's an ABT? <Gives Miche an elbow away so BOB can
    > sit by ME!> Got any beer? Sam Adams Cherry Wheat preferred, Hon.

    Huh. That's the last time I bring YOU a pitcher of mint juleps!

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
     
  13. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Miche
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Miche arrives with a lawn chair, a bowl of popcorn and a pitcher of mint juleps.
    > >
    > > Hi guys, got a space for me?
    > >
    > > Miche
    >
    > Absotively!! <sqwooshing over to make room and wanting to be near the
    > libation>. Anything special on the popcorn?

    Just butter and salt. But it's New Zealand butter!

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
     
  14. S.Dunlap

    S.Dunlap Guest

    Miche <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > >
    > > Absotively!! <sqwooshing over to make room and wanting to be near the
    > > libation>. Anything special on the popcorn?
    >
    > Just butter and salt. But it's New Zealand butter!
    >
    > Miche

    That's what I use here in Honduras - unsalted butter from New Zealand. All the American imported
    stuff is the soft whipped Parkay margarine - YUCK!

    Sandi
     
  15. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (S.Dunlap) wrote:

    > Miche <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<micheinnz-
    > [email protected]>...
    >
    > > >
    > > > Absotively!! <sqwooshing over to make room and wanting to be near the
    > > > libation>. Anything special on the popcorn?
    > >
    > > Just butter and salt. But it's New Zealand butter!

    > That's what I use here in Honduras - unsalted butter from New Zealand. All the American imported
    > stuff is the soft whipped Parkay margarine - YUCK!

    Unsalted butter is just the business.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
     
  16. S.Dunlap

    S.Dunlap Guest

    Miche <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (S.Dunlap) wrote:
    >
    > > Miche <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<micheinnz-
    > > [email protected]>...
    > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Absotively!! <sqwooshing over to make room and wanting to be near the
    > > > > libation>. Anything special on the popcorn?
    > > >
    > > > Just butter and salt. But it's New Zealand butter!
    >
    > > That's what I use here in Honduras - unsalted butter from New Zealand. All the American imported
    > > stuff is the soft whipped Parkay margarine - YUCK!
    >
    > Unsalted butter is just the business.
    >
    Huh?

    Sandi
     
  17. Miche

    Miche Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (S.Dunlap) wrote:

    > Miche <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<micheinnz-
    > [email protected]>...

    > > Unsalted butter is just the business.
    > >
    > Huh?

    Heh, sorry 'bout that. I mean it's very very good.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
     
  18. S.Dunlap

    S.Dunlap Guest

  19. Blake Murphy

    Blake Murphy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:56:20 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]_s03>, Julia
    >Altshuler <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> This is as good a place for me to jump in as any.
    >
    >No it's not. This is about watching a fight. Go back to the
    >other thread, please. Unless you've got food and libations
    >to share, and a comfortable chair or maybe a blanket from
    >which to watch the antics.

    but what are the kids going to eat?

    your pal, spanky
     
  20. Blake Murphy

    Blake Murphy Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:08:53 -0800, kalanamak <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Puester wrote:
    >
    >> When you look at the number of children killed or harmed
    >> by babysitters, that's not such a bad idea.
    >
    >Do you have statistics on that? I though parents/step
    >parents were the most deadly, with strangers at the bottom
    >of the list. If you are right, what is to keep the daycare
    >person at the restaurant from throttling Wee Harolde?
    >blacksalt

    a sense of restraint.

    your pal, blake
     
Loading...