That other kind of trunk rack

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mike Elliott, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Mike Elliott

    Mike Elliott Guest

    I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that you
    mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your bikes
    mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

    MikeE

    Tags:

  2. John D.

    John D. Guest

    Mike,

    Check out Draftmaster, www.draftmaster.com the model you are looking for is called Sport Flite.
    Also, I just noticed that Performance now sells one of them online.
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11604

    I have had one similar to the one shown on Performance and I think they are an awesome way to
    carry bikes.

    John

    "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
    > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
    > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
    >
    > MikeE

  3. Kevin Rook

    Kevin Rook Guest

    There's a model made by (or maybe called) "En-Flight" or "En-flite." Haven't seen them for sale for
    a number of years. That's all I can remember about them right now, sorry I can't be more help.

    Mike Elliott wrote:

    > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
    > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
    > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
    >
    > MikeE

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
    > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
    > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

    The leading brand of that style was "Elite". Haven't seen 'em lately.

  5. John D.

    John D. Guest

    Enflite is what I have, I bought it 10+ years ago, to the best of my knowledge it is now the
    Draftmaster Sportflite. This was based on a search for enflite sometime back which led me to
    draftmaster. It is a great concept which I think far surpasses traditional trunk racks. Much more
    secure for bike are car.

    John

    "Kevin Rook" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > There's a model made by (or maybe called) "En-Flight" or "En-flite." Haven't seen them for sale
    > for a number of years. That's all I can
    remember
    > about them right now, sorry I can't be more help.
    >

    > Mike Elliott wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
    > > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
    > > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
    > >
    > > MikeE

  6. Rick Ankrum

    Rick Ankrum Guest

    Hello, Mike Elliott ! You wrote: I have a rack like you describe made by Rhode Gear. I don't think
    they make them any more.

    > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that
    has two
    > horns sticking out that you mount your bicycle on sideways, but
    the kind
    > that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your bikes mount
    vertically,
    > leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
    >
    > MikeE
    www.texbiker.net Texas Bicycling Information

  7. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
    > > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
    > > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

    <[email protected]> screwed up in message news:[email protected]...
    > The leading brand of that style was "Elite". Haven't seen 'em lately.

    I apologize. As someone else noted that's "Enflite" .

  8. Mark Tadman

    Mark Tadman Guest

    As a relative newbie to biking, I'm also considering a trunk rack. What are the pros and cons of
    racks that have the bikes mounted "vertically rather than sideways".

    Mark