That other kind of trunk rack

Mike Elliott

Guest
I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that you
mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your bikes
mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

MikeE

Mike,

Check out Draftmaster, www.draftmaster.com the model you are looking for is called Sport Flite.
Also, I just noticed that Performance now sells one of them online.
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11604

I have had one similar to the one shown on Performance and I think they are an awesome way to
carry bikes.

John

"Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
> you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
> bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
>
> MikeE

There's a model made by (or maybe called) "En-Flight" or "En-flite." Haven't seen them for sale for
a number of years. That's all I can remember about them right now, sorry I can't be more help.

Mike Elliott wrote:

> I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
> you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
> bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
>
> MikeE

"Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
> you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
> bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

The leading brand of that style was "Elite". Haven't seen 'em lately.

Enflite is what I have, I bought it 10+ years ago, to the best of my knowledge it is now the
Draftmaster Sportflite. This was based on a search for enflite sometime back which led me to
draftmaster. It is a great concept which I think far surpasses traditional trunk racks. Much more
secure for bike are car.

John

"Kevin Rook" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> There's a model made by (or maybe called) "En-Flight" or "En-flite." Haven't seen them for sale
> for a number of years. That's all I can
remember
> about them right now, sorry I can't be more help.
>

> Mike Elliott wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
> > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
> > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!
> >
> > MikeE

Hello, Mike Elliott ! You wrote: I have a rack like you describe made by Rhode Gear. I don't think
they make them any more.

www.texbiker.net Texas Bicycling Information

> "Mike Elliott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I'm looking for the Other Kind Of Trunk Rack. Not the kind that has two horns sticking out that
> > you mount your bicycle on sideways, but the kind that has fork clamps like a roof rack and your
> > bikes mount vertically, leaning forward over the trunk. I've seen 'em!

<[email protected]> screwed up in message news:[email protected]...
> The leading brand of that style was "Elite". Haven't seen 'em lately.

I apologize. As someone else noted that's "Enflite" .

As a relative newbie to biking, I'm also considering a trunk rack. What are the pros and cons of
racks that have the bikes mounted "vertically rather than sideways".

Mark