That'll larn 'im?

Dirtylitterboxo

Guest
To not cycle on the pavement??? ;-Þ

See

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/Story.asp?Brand-
=ENONLINE&Categ
ory=NEWS&ItemId=NOED09+Mar+2004+12%3A17%3A18%3A960

or

http://tinyurl.com/2lbnp

It's a very strange tale indeed!

"Great escape for horror crash cyclist

March 9, 2004 12:16

THIS was the amazing scene after a car overturned and landed
on a teenage cyclist in a Norwich street.

Sixteen-year-old Terry Andrews is lucky to be alive
following the accident in Mile Cross. He escaped with just
minor leg injuries.

His mum Lynn and police officers said they could barely
believe he had escaped with just cuts and bruises.

Detective Sergeant Jack Frost, of Norfolk police, said: "He
was extremely lucky. It was a very serious accident and he
or the driver could have been killed."

The crash happened at the junction of Shorncliffe Avenue and
Shorncliffe Close at about 5pm last Thursday.

Terry, from Philadelphia Lane in Mile Cross, had been
cycling along the pavement when the car came towards him.

It crashed into a fence and was sent spinning upside down
before crashing on to Terry and his bike.

Recovering at home from his injuries, Terry said: "I was
going to see my sister and I was biking along the path and
this car came straight at me full-whack.

"I went on to the bonnet, rolled off and fell back on to the
road and the car toppled on to my leg.

"I can't remember much about it after that. I struggled to
get from under the car and got up and ran off."

An adrenaline rush carried Terry from the crash scene
and he bumped into friend Will Cornford, 17, who helped
carry him home.

He was then taken to the Norfolk and Norwich
University Hospital for treatment, but was sent home
to allow the swelling to go down so a proper
examination could take place.

Mum, Ms Andrews, 42, who also has two daughters, Sammy,
16, and Chantelle, 20, said: "He's really tired. He's got
to go back to hospital in two weeks once the swelling has
gone down.

"We still don't know what damage he has done to it. He was
very lucky really, but his bike is completely destroyed.

"Terry is very shaken up and now he won't go out on his own.
It is going to be a long time before it is better, but then
it is not everyday someone tries to run you over."

Police arrested the 38-year-old driver of the Daewoo Nexia
and are investigating the possibility he was the victim of
an assault of near the scene the previous day.

The driver had spent the night in hospital after a severe
beating from three men in which he suffered facial injuries,
cuts and bruises.

DS Frost said: "It does sound bizarre but there a lot more
to this than meets the eye."

Ms Andrews insisted Terry was not involved in the violent
assault and was with friends and family.

"Terry is a quiet boy and he is not one to get into
trouble," she said.

After the crash, dozens of people gathered at the scene. One
woman, who asked not to be named, said: "It looked pretty
bad. The young lad looked in a bad way, but he managed to
wriggle free and run off. I think it must have been the
adrenaline."

Det Sgt Frost added: "We are anxious to trace witnesses who
saw anything prior to the car incident, the incident itself
or anything afterwards.

"It is a close knit community and people must have seen what
happened and people would remember seeing this.

"We haven't ruled out whether it was deliberate and we want
people to help us with this so we can get a full picture of
what happened."

* Anyone with information should contact Detective Constable
Graham Finney on (01953) 424242 or Crimestoppers in
confidence on 0800 555 111."

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**-
nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

> To not cycle on the pavement??? ;-Þ

Sounds like the provisional wing of the URC have been in
action

Tony

> [...]
> pretty bad. The young lad looked in a bad way, but he
> managed to wriggle free and run off. I think it must have
> been the adrenaline."
>
> Det Sgt Frost added: "We are anxious to trace witnesses
> who saw anything prior to the car incident, the incident
> itself or anything afterwards.
>
> "It is a close knit community and people must have seen
> what happened and people would remember seeing this.
>
> "We haven't ruled out whether it was deliberate and we
> want people to help us with this so we can get a full
> picture of what happened."
>
> * Anyone with information should contact Detective
> Constable Graham Finney on (01953) 424242 or
> Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111."
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
> correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e-

Hmm... blocked by my content filter because of the words
"facial" and "teen" on the same page.

What kind of reference is this Helen? LOL!! <blush>

Dansguardian is an excellent content filter, but gets
carried away sometimes...

--
Chris

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

| To not cycle on the pavement??? ;-Þ
|
| See
|
| http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/news/Story.asp?Bra-
| nd=ENONLINE&Categ
| ory=NEWS&ItemId=NOED09+Mar+2004+12%3A17%3A18%3A960
|
| or
|
| http://tinyurl.com/2lbnp
|
| It's a very strange tale indeed!
|
| "Great escape for horror crash cyclist

Is it just me or are others also starting to see Norwich as
Galactic Centre of Peril?

--
Patrick Herring, Sheffield, UK http://www.anweald.co.uk

Eala Earendel engla beorhtast ofer middangeard monnum
sended.

>Is it just me or are others also starting to see Norwich as
>Galactic Centre of Peril?

Well it isn't the centre of the universe ;-)

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get
correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune h*$el*$$e**-
nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Well it isn't the centre of the universe ;-)

I thought the centre of the universe was meant to be a dark,
cold place devoid of all life. Oh, so that could be Norwich
after all...

:)

Graeme

[email protected] (Patrick Herring) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected]
> (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:
> | To not cycle on the pavement??? ;-Þ See http://www.even-
> | ingnews24.co.uk/content/news/Story.asp?Brand=ENONLINE&C-
> | ateg ory=NEWS&ItemId=NOED09+Mar+2004+12%3A17%3A18%3A960
> | or http://tinyurl.com/2lbnp It's a very strange tale
> | indeed!
> Is it just me or are others also starting to see Norwich
> as Galactic Centre of Peril?

Could Norwich be the new Shoreham?

best wishes james

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> *Celeste* tutu... *Celeste* :)

Look, you're a woman, you know about this colour thing.
Women can walk into a room and go "Oh I love your walls,
Dulux 'Rice Paper' isn't it?" whereas a man will walk in and
have to have his nose held against the wall before he
reluctantly grunts "Hmm, painted the walls beige then?"

Pink/celeste/cherry blossom, call it what you will, it's
still bloody well pink to me!

;-)

Graeme

[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I'm sure Bianchi will love their Celeste being seen as
> pink, when it's a fetching shade of green/blue :)

Yebbut, they've no right to complain when they supply their
bikes in any colour other than white. <mumble>trades
descriptions act</mumble>

:)

Graeme

Graeme wrote:

> Yebbut, they've no right to complain when they supply
> their bikes in any colour other than white. <mumble>trades
> descriptions act</mumble>

Am I right in thinking that Bianchi bikes are now available
in colours other than Celeste?

[Googles]

Stan on a stick! Rosso lucifero? Sacrilege!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

>Could Norwich be the new Shoreham?

Welcome to Norwich.

The Graveyard of ambition.