That's It No More HT

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ..::Tbf::.., Mar 5, 2003.

  1. ..::Tbf::..

    ..::Tbf::.. Guest

    The hardtail is sold! http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/Image013.jpg

    As of right now I am 100% full-suspension biker. Can I still play with you guys?

    Funny thing, I read this article yesterday that stated for short hops...say 1 hour or so, a hardtail
    rules. The rider tends to be faster and less fatigued. However, the article also stated that
    full-suspension is best for longer rides (epics).

    The cincher is, the writer who conducted the tests using a FS Jekyll stated that they found that
    riders of FS rigs sustained much less muscle damage after long rides, but heart-rates were slightly
    higher than riders on HT.

    I've always heard the opposite argument that FS takes allot of stress off the body because it's not
    banging the rider around.

    anyway, they concluded the article by stating what I already knew: Get three bikes, a FS, a HT
    and a rigid.

    Some Brit mag said it, don't freak on me.

    --
    http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/

    Tags:

  2. "..::TBF::.." wrote:

    > The hardtail is sold! http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/Image013.jpg
    >
    > As of right now I am 100% full-suspension biker. Can I still play with you guys?
    >
    > Funny thing, I read this article yesterday that stated for short hops...say 1 hour or so, a
    > hardtail rules. The rider tends to be faster and less fatigued. However, the article also stated
    > that full-suspension is best for longer rides (epics).
    >
    > The cincher is, the writer who conducted the tests using a FS Jekyll stated that they found that
    > riders of FS rigs sustained much less muscle damage after long rides, but heart-rates were
    > slightly higher than riders on HT.
    >
    > I've always heard the opposite argument that FS takes allot of stress off the body because it's
    > not banging the rider around.
    >
    > anyway, they concluded the article by stating what I already knew: Get three bikes, a FS, a HT and
    > a rigid.
    >
    > Some Brit mag said it, don't freak on me.
    >
    > --
    > http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/

    Make the rigid a 'cross bike and I agree whole-heartedly.

  3. Martees

    Martees Guest

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have three bikes; A hardtail Marin, a single speed Marin, and a Marin
    road
    > bike. Oh wait.... it's all the same bike! My bad.

    Such a communist...

    - CA-G believes in a bike for every occasion...

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  5. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have three bikes; A hardtail Marin, a single speed Marin, and a Marin
    > road
    > > bike. Oh wait.... it's all the same bike! My bad.
    >
    > Such a communist...
    >
    > - CA-G believes in a bike for every occasion...
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    ;)

    Marty wishes he had time for every occasion...

  6. David L

    David L Guest

    > "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have three bikes; A hardtail Marin, a single speed Marin, and a Marin
    > road
    > > bike. Oh wait.... it's all the same bike! My bad.
    >
    > Such a communist...
    >
    > - CA-G believes in a bike for every occasion...

    me too, only wish i coudl afford to....

    Dave

    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:07:09 GMT, "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The hardtail is sold! http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/Image013.jpg
    >
    >As of right now I am 100% full-suspension biker. Can I still play with you guys?

    That's up to you.

    [snip crap]

    >anyway, they concluded the article by stating what I already knew: Get three bikes, a FS, a HT
    >and a rigid.

    Marketing HYPE!

    >Some Brit mag said it, don't freak on me.

    The Freak is out west.

    Peace,

    :-]

  8. Jd