That's it, time to go.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dkahn400, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest



  2. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > MartinM wrote:
    >
    > > A few other familiar faces there, Chris Rutter, Yoshido from
    > > Willesden, Vorsprung with the Kraftwerk jersey, the lady in the Quest
    > > shirt, Geoff Ericsson, Jack Eason, Mark Heffer, I dear I feel ashamed
    > > not to have ridden it now.

    >
    > And Mike Pain*
    >
    > * the man who never stops riding


    don't know him; a Willesden rider? do a screenie and mail it please
     
  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MartinM wrote:

    >> And Mike Pain*
    >>
    >> * the man who never stops riding

    >
    > don't know him; a Willesden rider? do a screenie and mail it please


    He's from Dorset: third picture in the Lee Valley starters series
    (KY1E5056).
     
  4. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    Simonb wrote:
    > MartinM wrote:
    >
    > >> And Mike Pain*
    > >>
    > >> * the man who never stops riding

    > >
    > > don't know him; a Willesden rider? do a screenie and mail it please

    >
    > He's from Dorset: third picture in the Lee Valley starters series
    > (KY1E5056).


    still don't know him, I've only done one Dorset ride (the 200 that
    shall not be named) that must have reduced my brain to jelly!
     
  5. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    MartinM wrote:

    > still don't know him, I've only done one Dorset ride (the 200 that
    > shall not be named) that must have reduced my brain to jelly!


    Mike's the rider who rode the Elenith this year (you may have seen him at
    the start: he is _very_ fast) and then rode the D*rset C*ast the next day.
    He's been on virtually every ride I've done this year; plus all those in
    between and, it seems, he rides permanents in his spare time.
     
  6. MartinM

    MartinM Guest

    I probably didn't see him apart from at the first control it was the
    only place the ride reversed;
    talking of which do you fancy the Elenith next year?, I have sort of
    recouperated now, and have a secret weapon for next year ;-)
     
  7. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

  8. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    MSeries wrote:

    > We met twice ? We did Lincoln - London - Gamlingay on the
    > penultimate day then Gamlingay - Thorne to finished. Day 1 was
    > Thorne - Dalkieth, Day 2 Dalkieth - Lincoln.


    I thought we said hello briefly at Canonbie on day 2? Who was it then
    if it wasn't you? I must admit some of it is a bit blurrred. :)

    > We started at 08:30 Saturday finished 19:14 Wednesday, so you
    > were slightly quicker than me. Not a race though Dave.


    It's not, though private battles do develop. I wouldn't have ridden the
    last day anywhere near as hard if I hadn't been determined to stay
    ahead of my chum.

    > (I can't resist overtaking Airbornes on my 20 yo steel Raleigh
    > though, especially going uphill)


    The Galaxy provides a similar source of satisfaction. I keep wondering
    though whether I shouldn't occasionally use my racing bike instead,
    particularly for 200s. Sean Quigly was complaining to me that he wished
    he had a lighter bike, and he was riding a Trek 5500. I think he was
    mainly referring to his luggage though.

    --
    Dave...
     
Loading...
Loading...