The '05 Rock Shox Pikey

Bomba

Guest
Nothing particularly interesting about them except what they
decided to call one of their models. The 140mm "All
Mountain" fork is called the 'Pike'.

This may not mean much to our American cousins except for
those that have maybe watched the film '******'. In English,
a pikey is a cheap, thieving, dishonest gypsy who lives in a
caravan. Pikey has also now become an adjective to describe
anything cheap and nasty.

Good to see that RS have taken all those positive attributes
and attached them to one of their forks. Still, honest
advertising, I s'pose...

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm

Naah. The Rock Shox "Don't tell him" Pike would be
much better.

Rock Shox rule.

Andy Chequer, out riding is '94 Quadra 21 last night.

bomba wrote:

> Nothing particularly interesting about them except what
> they decided to call one of their models. The 140mm "All
> Mountain" fork is called the 'Pike'.
>
> This may not mean much to our American cousins except for
> those that have maybe watched the film '******'. In
> English, a pikey is a cheap, thieving, dishonest gypsy who
> lives in a caravan. Pikey has also now become an adjective
> to describe anything cheap and nasty.
>
> Good to see that RS have taken all those positive
> attributes and attached them to one of their forks. Still,
> honest advertising, I s'pose...

lol that's pretty damn funny! I heard Puke was a close
second.

And who were the idiots that maimed their fork Nixon?
--
Slacker

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:06:59 -0800, Slacker wrote:

>> Good to see that RS have taken all those positive
>> attributes and attached them to one of their forks.
>> Still, honest advertising, I s'pose...
>>

> lol that's pretty damn funny! I heard Puke was a
> close second.
>
> And who were the idiots that maimed their fork Nixon?

That would be Manitou then. Another brilliant piece of brand
association - lying, underhand, deceitful, etc.

Apparently, 2005 is going to be the year of the **** product
name: Shimano Hone - I rest my case.

"bomba" wrote in message ...
> Nothing particularly interesting about them except what
> they decided to call one of their models. The 140mm "All
> Mountain" fork is called the 'Pike'.
>
> This may not mean much to our American cousins except for
> those that have maybe watched the film '******'. In
> English, a pikey is a cheap, thieving, dishonest gypsy who
> lives in a caravan. Pikey has also now become an adjective
> to describe anything cheap and nasty.
>
> Good to see that RS have taken all those positive
> attributes and attached them to one of their forks. Still,
> honest advertising, I s'pose...
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

He he. For us Aussies a person who does not participate or
unreasonably stops participating is known as a piker. Thus
to stop participating is to Pike.

Honest advertising - is there really a market for a cheap &
nasty fork liable to stop working?

Parbs

In article <R8u4c.100947$Wa.76122@news-
server.bigpond.net.au>, [email protected] says...
> "bomba" wrote in message ...
> > Nothing particularly interesting about them except what
> > they decided to call one of their models. The 140mm "All
> > Mountain" fork is called the 'Pike'.
> >
> > This may not mean much to our American cousins except
> > for those that have maybe watched the film '******'. In
> > English, a pikey is a cheap, thieving, dishonest gypsy
> > who lives in a caravan. Pikey has also now become an
> > adjective to describe anything cheap and nasty.
> >
> > Good to see that RS have taken all those positive
> > attributes and attached them to one of their forks.
> > Still, honest advertising, I s'pose...
> >
> > --
> > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.j-harris.net/bike/ambfaq.htm
> >
> > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
> >

> He he. For us Aussies a person who does not participate or
> unreasonably stops participating is known as a piker. Thus
> to stop participating is to Pike.
>
> Honest advertising - is there really a market for a cheap
> & nasty fork liable to stop working?
>
> Parbs

The pikeys need something to pawn off on you!
--
_________________________
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-

In article <[email protected]>,
bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:06:59 -0800, Slacker wrote:
>
> >> Good to see that RS have taken all those positive
> >> attributes and attached them to one of their forks.
> >> Still, honest advertising, I s'pose...
> >>

> > lol that's pretty damn funny! I heard Puke was a close
> > second.
> >
> > And who were the idiots that maimed their fork Nixon?
>
> That would be Manitou then. Another brilliant piece of
> brand association - lying, underhand, deceitful, etc.
>
> Apparently, 2005 is going to be the year of the ****
> product name: Shimano Hone - I rest my case.

Why? To hone is to sharpen.

Personally, I want to be in that number,
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected]
http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/ President, Fabrizio

Ryan Cousineau wrote: <snip>
>> Apparently, 2005 is going to be the year of the ****
>> product name: Shimano Hone - I rest my case.
>
> Why? To hone is to sharpen.
>
> Personally, I want to be in that number,

Maybe so; but it's still a lame name for a fork.
--
Westie (Might have been better name for a knife, but a
fork...? ) (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote: <snip>
> >> Apparently, 2005 is going to be the year of the ****
> >> product name: Shimano Hone - I rest my case.
> >
> > Why? To hone is to sharpen.
> >
> > Personally, I want to be in that number,
>
> Maybe so; but it's still a lame name for a fork.

At this point, I'll settle for any name that is in the least
descriptive. Do we really need more forks named "Z150FR"?

Well, more forks like that, but not named like that,