The 66 rout.

moshechicosror

Oct 10, 2016
Dues anyone know or did the 66 rout by bike? Is all the road paved? Do you have a link or map of the road? What would be the best bike to ride it for B&B trip?
Thanks. Nice website.

Do you mean ROUTE 66 from Chicago (Illinois) to Barstow (California)?

It is paved ...

I believe that a lot of it is part of the Interstate system, now; and, frontage roadway may not always be available ...

It seemed as though through a great portion of Missouri it is the original meander between small towns ....​

There is NO frontage road through the Mojave Desert (Kingman, AZ to Barstow) ...

Between Barstow & Long Beach (California), you will probably be hard pressed to find any frontage roads.
For the most part, the route is clearly marked with BROWN "Historical Route 66" road signs.

Reactions: moshechicosror
Don't know how I missed this thread...
Route 66 from Williams, AZ to Ash Fork is none existing. I found a mile of it but that was it. You can pick up the Route again about a mile or so west of Ash Fork and it good all the way to Kingman, AZ.
I live in AZ and am about 25 miles south from Ash Fork.
Good luck and let us know how you do

BTW. There ARE portions of frontage road through the Mojave, now, which I did not notice in the past which are designated as ROUTE 66 ...

Maybe an entire frontage road is available.​

UPDATE ...

When heading west through the Mojave, ROUTE 66 meanders to the north of I-40 and then down to AMBOY and back north across I-40 (under the highway BOTH times) ...

BTW. Since I really couldn't remember any details other than the viaducts, I searched for a map online and found this:

Reactions: concord
UPDATE ...

When heading west through the Mojave, ROUTE 66 meanders to the north of I-40 and then down to AMBOY and back north across I-40 (under the highway BOTH times) ...

BTW. Since I really couldn't remember any details other than the viaducts, I searched for a map online and found this:

I checked out that web site and it is pretty informative. I live in AZ so it looks like I'll be riding the Route 66 as mach as I can. Thanks for finding this web site and posting it.