The Acid question

>Subject: Re: The Acid question
>From: [email protected] (Carole)
>Date: 10/21/2003 3:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time

>NOTHING to do with excretion of calcium...or its
>> depostion in "bones,,joints...etc"

>********. Sodium, magnesium and silica are the cellsalts associated

did you forget yesterday's lesson??

99% of calcium is found in bones and teeth....of the 1% in the serum....40 % is
tightly bound to protein...

so at most .006% of calcium is free floating...

so again...how do the postive ions of sodium ,,potassium and calcium bind
together?? they can't....takes a negative ion...

perhaps you need a good chemistry lesson
hawki

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (Hawki63) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> >Subject: Re: The Acid question
>> >From: John 'the Man' [email protected]
>> >Date: 10/21/2003 10:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time

>> > Anyone who chronically takes prescription drugs is a pathetic excuse

>> >Anybody who chronically takes prescription drugs is planning on
>> >staying sick, rather than on getting

>> so the insulin and oral meds for diabetes...or the blood pressure meds...or
>> cardiac meds...
>> yeah...we'll just stop them..and try "natural" junk....NOT
>> you know what...I have absolutely no problem with anyone

>spending/wasting their
>> money on pond scum,,,acid reducing plaster,,and even Davey's overpriced
>> ginseng...
>> but please stop practicing medicine without a license...which is what you all
>> do when you attempt to convince the public that "prescription drugs are evil"
>> mantra..
>>
>> hawki

>Hey hawkie,
>You're beginning to sound like the pharmaceutical companies who reckon
>any food which is claimed to have some affect on health and wellbeing
>should be classified as a drug.

I'm glad you don't go in for hyperbole, Carole. Otherwise, you would
sound very silly.

>Conventional medicine cures nothing.

Conventional medicine cures lots of things. Infections and acne are
just a couple. Surgery cures things. Cancer can often be cured.

>How come in western society diabetes, allergies, asthma, ADHD, and
>other "incurable" diseases are running rampant and are on the
>increase?

The increase in diabetes is heavily due to the fattening of society,
and you won't cure that with cell salts. The increase in asthma may
be due to our too-clean environment. It's not clear to me that either
allergies or ADHD are actually increasing.

>There are no cures, just lots of pain and discomfort and
>pharmaceutical products for a lot of people.

Or, for the gullible and suggestible, there's cell salts.

>If the people got a proper diet in the first place, with proper
>nutrients i.e., organic vegetables (grown without artificial
>fertilisers and pesticides and unprocessed), wholemeal flour products,
>brown sugar, and all the other foods that go along with a nutritious
>diet, from birth, it would no doubt eliminate disease.

Actually, there is considerable doubt it would eliminate disease,
since there are diseases in societies that don't have all that
dreadful stuff you complain about.

>If you don't like people talking about alternative medicine you have
>choices. Yet yourself back to a sci.med.conventional group, stop
>getting on the internet or worry about yourself instead of everybody
>else who is doing ok without your pharmaceutical propaganda.

We like people who talk about alt med. That's why we're here. It
doesn't require us to treat your bizarro opinions with deep respect,
however.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > "Pseudo science" is the name given to many things to discredit them,
>> > but in fact the pharmaceutical industry is pseudo science and
>> > nutritional remedies are the true science.
>> >

>> No, pseudoscience is the use of scientific-sounding language that has no
>> actual scientific meaning, but is meant to impress uneducated people,
>> usually to sell a product.

>No you're wrong. Pseudoscience is a term used to discredit ideas that
>the people in power want suppressed. For example, free energy which
>has been around for the last 100 years ... but then how would the oil
>cartel make any money?

Sure, Carole. The day you start running your house on this supposed
free energy, let us know.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in
> Tesla invented free energy 100 years ago. Check it out if you are
> capable of doing any personal research ...but probably not, because
> people like you are too scared to think for themselves without getting
> permission.

Whatever. Tesla *never* made the claim you do above. N E V E R Get it?
Unlike garden variety kooks, you can't even provide a reference to his
words. (I'm guessing.)

"I could be wrong, but I'm not."
-Beagles

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
> >"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:<[email protected]>...
> >> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> No, pseudoscience is the use of scientific-sounding language that has no
> >> actual scientific meaning, but is meant to impress uneducated people,
> >> usually to sell a product.

> >No you're wrong. Pseudoscience is a term used to discredit ideas that
> >the people in power want suppressed. For example, free energy which
> >has been around for the last 100 years ... but then how would the oil
> >cartel make any money?

> Sure, Carole. The day you start running your house on this supposed
> free energy, let us know.
>
> -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
> These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
> "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants
> were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

Carole

Just look up in the dictionary the definition of Pseudo. It means
false, fake, counterfeit. Therefore pseudoscience is by definition
false science.

Kevin

[email protected]ospam (Hawki63) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

You really think that someone who wrote:

> I eat calcium carbonate which breaks down into the 3 calcium cellsalts
> - calcium phosphate, sulphate and fluoride. Its not enough just to
> take one because you need the whole 3.

would actually be able to get anything out of a good chemistry lesson?

>Subject: Re: The Acid question
>From: Eric Bohlman [email protected]
>Date: 10/22/2003 12:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time
>

>You really think that someone who wrote:
>
>> I eat calcium carbonate which breaks down into the 3 calcium cellsalts
>> - calcium phosphate, sulphate and

>would actually be able to get anything out of a good chemistry lesson?

no...but perhaps my way of pointing out to other gullibles that this is total
bunk

actually I just read the "breaks down into...."

yikes...so now carbonate can break down into phospates...etc
hawki

>[email protected] (Hawki63) wrote in
>news:[email protected]:
>
>> so again...how do the postive ions of sodium ,,potassium and calcium
>> bind together?? they can't....takes a negative ion...
>>
>> perhaps you need a good chemistry lesson

>You really think that someone who wrote:
>
>> I eat calcium carbonate which breaks down into the 3 calcium cellsalts
>> - calcium phosphate, sulphate and fluoride. Its not enough just to
>> take one because you need the whole 3.

>would actually be able to get anything out of a good chemistry lesson?

Maybe if she loosened up her aluminum head-wrap....

On 21 Oct 2003 15:05:16 -0700, [email protected] (Carole)
posted:

>"Rich Shewmaker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>> "Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > "Pseudo science" is the name given to many things to discredit them,
>> > but in fact the pharmaceutical industry is pseudo science and
>> > nutritional remedies are the true science.
>> >

>> No, pseudoscience is the use of scientific-sounding language that has no
>> actual scientific meaning, but is meant to impress uneducated people,
>> usually to sell a product.

>No you're wrong. Pseudoscience is a term used to discredit ideas that
>the people in power want suppressed. For example, free energy which
>has been around for the last 100 years ... but then how would the oil
>cartel make any money?

That clinches it. A "free energy" idiot. Sheeesh!!!

>Tesla invented free energy 100 years ago. Check it out if you are
>capable of doing any personal research ...but probably not, because
>people like you are too scared to think for themselves without getting
>permission.

You think Tesla is onto something? Speaks volumes. Mostly about your
gullibility. Wanna buy a bridge?

On 21 Oct 2003 15:25:22 -0700, [email protected] (Carole)
posted:

>> >That's right. And if a person's diet is calcium deficient it comes out
>> >of the bones.

>> And what is a calcium deficient diet?
>> (Not coke and fries :)

>Probably different for every person. Any diet which doesn't contain
>enough calcium is calcium deficient. How much calcium is there in meat
>and vegetables? How much calcium in fruit?
>But another point is that a lot of foods produce an acid residue when
>they get used up in the body (eg meat, eggs, fish, sugar, flour)and
>when the blood gets too acid calcium falls out of solution and becomes
>unusable in the body -- according to the theory. Read Paul Bragg's
>books for more on this idea.

No thanks, not if this is the sort of **** he spouts. Sugar and flour
tend to produce alkaline urine. Proteins tend to give acid, as does
exercise, and carbs give alkaline. A normal diet has little effect.
There is plently of calcium in a normal, varied, wholefood diet.

>> >I don't know where you got the idea I was talking about renal failure.
>> >Where did I say that?
>> >What I was talking about was sometimes the urine goes cloudy - but,
>> >whatever causes this condition, the urine goes clear again after some
>> >potassium tablets.

>> And without the potassium tablets?
>> What about a glass of water?

>Water would just thin out the urine. What I am saying is that if I
>take a lot of sodium phosphate and sulphate tablets my urine goes
>cloudy sometimes, and it goes clear again when I take potassium
>tablets. Obviously sodium and potassium have to be kept in balance.

And you can't do this voluntarily! Your body can do this fine. There
are virtually NO insoluble sodium and potassium salts. A solution that
is more dilute (thinned out if you like) will not be as likely to
precipitate dissolved substances, like phosphates or oxalates.

>> >I don't know anything about renal failure, but feel free to explain
>> >what it is in layman's terms.

>> So what are you faffing on about calcium balance, if you haven't a
>> clue how the kidneys work?

>Keeping calcium in balance is done by monitoring any other deficiency
>symptoms. Calcium has to kept in balance with magnesium, potassium,
>sodium, silica and iron.

And the body does this fine from a wide variety of diets. You can't do
this manually.
How on Earth could you get a calcium deficiency symptom on a normal
diet?

>There are deficiency symptoms that occur if you take too much calcium
>over a lengthy period, but you need the calcium obviously. The
>solution isn't to stop taking the calcium but to take the other
>cellsalts as deficiency symptoms arise.

Stop taking everything other than a normal, balanced, varied,
wholefood diet. You are being totally stupid and dicing with illness
with these silly supplements.

>> >Who takes dairy whitener? Obviously forms of sodium, potassium,
>> >calcium etc are used to make building products, bombs, glues and a
>> >range of products. But to say that because calcium is used to make
>> >plaster means I eat plaster is a rash assumption.
>> >
>> >I take cellsalts calcium (phosphate, sulph and fluoride), potassium
>> >(phos, sulph and chloride), sodium (phos, sulph and homeopathic
>> >chloride) , magnesium phos, iron phos and silica.

>> I hope you don't pay for it. I get that in my drinking water and diet,
>> Just as much as I need, all for free.

>I know some water is said to contain minerals -- I don't know how this
>would work.

Ring up your water supply corporation or look it up on the web. Most
water has scads of minerals.

> It might be beneficial, might cause a deficiency in other
>lacking minerals, but I find it hard to believe you would have all the
>12 cellsalts in your drinking water in perfect balance.

What is "perfect balance"? That's the province of the snake oil
salesman. You will get all the minerals you need in your diet and a
little from the water you drink. Any excess will be piddled out. Any
deficiency will be almost impossible to achieve. There have been some
deficiencies of some trace elements (Se, I) in some outlying parts of
the world. But a varied wholefood diet will serve you fine.

>> BTW, if you eat calcium sulfate, you are eating plaster.

>I eat calcium carbonate which breaks down into the 3 calcium cellsalts
>- calcium phosphate, sulphate and fluoride. Its not enough just to
>take one because you need the whole 3.

Please read a basic chemistry text.
Calcium carbonate will fizz and turn into calcium chloride the instant
it hits the stomach hydrochloric acid.
There is likely fluoride ions in your drinking water, and phosphate
ions in your food intake. I really don't know what you are talking
about here. It sounds like total ********.

>> >"Pseudo science" is the name given to many things to discredit them,
>> >but in fact the pharmaceutical industry is pseudo science and
>> >nutritional remedies are the true science.

>> The former has evidence of efficacy, the latter does not.

>So they keep telling us. But there is a huge coverup, misinformation
>and propaganda which the public is not aware of.

So how do you know about this? :)

Do you really believe the "guru" who told you about it?

>> >Patented pharmaceutical drugs is what I'm talking about.

>> Try a pharmacology text, and open your eyes.

>No thanks, I don't need to be brainwashed.

You think science will brainwash you? Then you are beyond hope.
Science is the only thing that will UNbrainwash you.

>What you don't understand
>is that there is a huge amount of information that is culled or not
>taught. They only teach what supports the current system.

Total ********.

WHO "only teaches"? EVERY teacher in the world? There is a huge world
out there beyound your tiny little conspiracy theories. Open you eyes.
Are chemistry/physics texts "brainwashing"?

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >Hey hawkie,
> >You're beginning to sound like the pharmaceutical companies who reckon
> >any food which is claimed to have some affect on health and wellbeing
> >should be classified as a drug.

> I'm glad you don't go in for hyperbole, Carole. Otherwise, you would
> sound very silly.
>
> >Conventional medicine cures nothing.

> Conventional medicine cures lots of things. Infections and acne are
> just a couple. Surgery cures things. Cancer can often be cured.

I should have said, Conventional medicine only cures at a price.

> >How come in western society diabetes, allergies, asthma, ADHD, and
> >other "incurable" diseases are running rampant and are on the
> >increase?

> The increase in diabetes is heavily due to the fattening of society,
> and you won't cure that with cell salts. The increase in asthma may
> be due to our too-clean environment. It's not clear to me that either
> allergies or ADHD are actually increasing.
>
> >There are no cures, just lots of pain and discomfort and
> >pharmaceutical products for a lot of people.

> Or, for the gullible and suggestible, there's cell salts.

And what is the treatment for tinnitus our housedust allergies, Dave?

> >If the people got a proper diet in the first place, with proper
> >nutrients i.e., organic vegetables (grown without artificial
> >fertilisers and pesticides and unprocessed), wholemeal flour products,
> >brown sugar, and all the other foods that go along with a nutritious
> >diet, from birth, it would no doubt eliminate disease.

> Actually, there is considerable doubt it would eliminate disease,
> since there are diseases in societies that don't have all that
> dreadful stuff you complain about.

That is debatable. Do these societies have a proper diet in the first
place?

> >If you don't like people talking about alternative medicine you have
> >choices. Yet yourself back to a sci.med.conventional group, stop
> >getting on the internet or worry about yourself instead of everybody
> >else who is doing ok without your pharmaceutical propaganda.

> We like people who talk about alt med. That's why we're here. It
> doesn't require us to treat your bizarro opinions with deep respect,
> however.

I don't like people who tell me that my alternative medicine opinions
are bizarre or that I should limit my range to what is acceptable to
corrupt conventional medicine dominated by pharmaceutical company
mentality.
That falls into the category of "what cheeses me off". Conventional
people who come here should have a bit of respect for the group,
listen and learn rather than try to dominate and ridicule.

Carole
http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/health.htm

Moosh! <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >Probably different for every person. Any diet which doesn't contain
> >enough calcium is calcium deficient. How much calcium is there in meat
> >and vegetables? How much calcium in fruit?
> >But another point is that a lot of foods produce an acid residue when
> >they get used up in the body (eg meat, eggs, fish, sugar, flour)and
> >when the blood gets too acid calcium falls out of solution and becomes
> >unusable in the body -- according to the theory. Read Paul Bragg's
> >books for more on this idea.

> No thanks, not if this is the sort of **** he spouts. Sugar and flour
> tend to produce alkaline urine. Proteins tend to give acid, as does
> exercise, and carbs give alkaline. A normal diet has little effect.
> There is plently of calcium in a normal, varied, wholefood diet.

Sure there is, and there isn't a whole plague of oldies with
osteoporsis.

> >Water would just thin out the urine. What I am saying is that if I
> >take a lot of sodium phosphate and sulphate tablets my urine goes
> >cloudy sometimes, and it goes clear again when I take potassium
> >tablets. Obviously sodium and potassium have to be kept in balance.

> And you can't do this voluntarily! Your body can do this fine. There
> are virtually NO insoluble sodium and potassium salts. A solution that
> is more dilute (thinned out if you like) will not be as likely to
> precipitate dissolved substances, like phosphates or oxalates.

But after each acid attack, the body stores waste products around the
body which leads to buildups which eventually lead to ill-health.

> >> So what are you faffing on about calcium balance, if you haven't a
> >> clue how the kidneys work?

> >Keeping calcium in balance is done by monitoring any other deficiency
> >symptoms. Calcium has to kept in balance with magnesium, potassium,
> >sodium, silica and iron.

> And the body does this fine from a wide variety of diets. You can't do
> this manually.
> How on Earth could you get a calcium deficiency symptom on a normal
> diet?

First of all, you have to know what the effects are of a calcium
deficiency. What do you think they are?

> >There are deficiency symptoms that occur if you take too much calcium
> >over a lengthy period, but you need the calcium obviously. The
> >solution isn't to stop taking the calcium but to take the other
> >cellsalts as deficiency symptoms arise.

> Stop taking everything other than a normal, balanced, varied,
> wholefood diet. You are being totally stupid and dicing with illness
> with these silly supplements.

I have studied the symptoms and taken the cellsalts according to that.
I resent the term "stupid" because it is an emotive term and says
nothing. I could say you were a silly, stupid, ignoramus. But what is
it saying? Absolutely nothing unless I give a reason for why I say it.

> >I know some water is said to contain minerals -- I don't know how this
> >would work.

> Ring up your water supply corporation or look it up on the web. Most
> water has scads of minerals.

Yes, but they have to be in the right form to be useful and they have
to be something that a person is deficient in. If the body doesn't
need them or can't assimilate them they can cause problems.

> > It might be beneficial, might cause a deficiency in other
> >lacking minerals, but I find it hard to believe you would have all the
> >12 cellsalts in your drinking water in perfect balance.

> What is "perfect balance"? That's the province of the snake oil
> salesman. You will get all the minerals you need in your diet and a
> little from the water you drink. Any excess will be piddled out. Any
> deficiency will be almost impossible to achieve. There have been some
> deficiencies of some trace elements (Se, I) in some outlying parts of
> the world. But a varied wholefood diet will serve you fine.

A perfect balance would vary from person to person, and according to a
person's overall diet. As I've said previously, if you get too much of
one mineral like calcium, it results in a deficiency of the other
minerals.

> >> BTW, if you eat calcium sulfate, you are eating plaster.

> >I eat calcium carbonate which breaks down into the 3 calcium cellsalts
> >- calcium phosphate, sulphate and fluoride. Its not enough just to
> >take one because you need the whole 3.

> Please read a basic chemistry text.
> Calcium carbonate will fizz and turn into calcium chloride the instant
> it hits the stomach hydrochloric acid.
> There is likely fluoride ions in your drinking water, and phosphate
> ions in your food intake. I really don't know what you are talking
> about here. It sounds like total ********.

You're right that calcium carbonate fizzes in the stomach. However, be
that as it may, it also corrects the other calcium deficiency symptoms
(calcium phosphate, sulphate and fluoride). So, in other words,
calcium carbonate is an acceptable form of calcium to correct
deficiencies.

I don't doubt that you don't know what I'm talking about because
corrupted medical science doesn't know much about nutrients. Doctors
only get about one lecture during 6 years of study which proves my
point.
And have a bit of respect for people who know something you obviously
don't.

> >> The former has evidence of efficacy, the latter does not.

> >So they keep telling us. But there is a huge coverup, misinformation
> >and propaganda which the public is not aware of.

> So how do you know about this? :)
>
> Do you really believe the "guru" who told you about it?

Because I am un-thick as opposed to people (perhaps like yourself) who
believe everything mainstream (run by globalist controlled, new world
order agenda) tells them.

> >> Try a pharmacology text, and open your eyes.

> >No thanks, I don't need to be brainwashed.

> You think science will brainwash you? Then you are beyond hope.
> Science is the only thing that will UNbrainwash you.

You are wrong. Science is based on fact, but steered away from the
truth after a certain point. Read up about Tesla and how many of his
patents have never been developed and used for public good.

> >What you don't understand
> >is that there is a huge amount of information that is culled or not
> >taught. They only teach what supports the current system.

> Total ********.

Truth hurts, doesn't it dearie?

> WHO "only teaches"? EVERY teacher in the world? There is a huge world
> out there beyound your tiny little conspiracy theories. Open you eyes.
> Are chemistry/physics texts "brainwashing"?

Probably not, but they teach only so much. And you obviously know
nothing about how conspiracies work, or the possibilities they are
being used against humanity.

Carole
http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/science.htm

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>
>> >Hey hawkie,
>> >You're beginning to sound like the pharmaceutical companies who reckon
>> >any food which is claimed to have some affect on health and wellbeing
>> >should be classified as a drug.

>> I'm glad you don't go in for hyperbole, Carole. Otherwise, you would
>> sound very silly.
>>
>> >Conventional medicine cures nothing.

>> Conventional medicine cures lots of things. Infections and acne are
>> just a couple. Surgery cures things. Cancer can often be cured.

>I should have said, Conventional medicine only cures at a price.

Gee, I never realized all those alt practitioners were working for
free.

>> >There are no cures, just lots of pain and discomfort and
>> >pharmaceutical products for a lot of people.

>> Or, for the gullible and suggestible, there's cell salts.

>And what is the treatment for tinnitus our housedust allergies, Dave?

Allergies can be treated by allergy shots. I don't think there's much
to be done about tinnitus yet. I'm sure you'll now tell me that cell
salts cure tinnitus. I will warn you now that I am not going to
accept your unsupported word about this.

>> >If the people got a proper diet in the first place, with proper
>> >nutrients i.e., organic vegetables (grown without artificial
>> >fertilisers and pesticides and unprocessed), wholemeal flour products,
>> >brown sugar, and all the other foods that go along with a nutritious
>> >diet, from birth, it would no doubt eliminate disease.

>> Actually, there is considerable doubt it would eliminate disease,
>> since there are diseases in societies that don't have all that
>> dreadful stuff you complain about.

>That is debatable. Do these societies have a proper diet in the first
>place?

That depends on whether you're going to define "proper" as "magically
eliminating all disease."

>> We like people who talk about alt med. That's why we're here. It
>> doesn't require us to treat your bizarro opinions with deep respect,
>> however.

>I don't like people who tell me that my alternative medicine opinions
>are bizarre or that I should limit my range to what is acceptable to
>corrupt conventional medicine dominated by pharmaceutical company
>mentality.

And I get tired of your constant whining about "corrupt conventional
medicine" and "Rockefeller conspiracies."

>That falls into the category of "what cheeses me off". Conventional
>people who come here should have a bit of respect for the group,
>listen and learn rather than try to dominate and ridicule.

Hey, I at least read your opinions. Nothing requires me to respect
them.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Moosh!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Please read a basic chemistry text.
> Calcium carbonate will fizz and turn into calcium chloride the instant
> it hits the stomach hydrochloric acid.

Since calcium chloride is 100% soluble in an aqueous
environment, the calcium carbonate never turns into calcium
chloride as such. Rather you have calcium cations and chloride
anions.

> There is likely fluoride ions in your drinking water, and phosphate
> ions in your food intake. I really don't know what you are talking
> about here. It sounds like total ********.
>

> So how do you know about this? :)
>
> Do you really believe the "guru" who told you about it?

> Are chemistry/physics texts "brainwashing"?

You like Carole need further chemistry "brainwashing" though
I will grant Carole needs to get out of the 19th century.

"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Moosh! <[email protected]> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...

> > >Probably different for every person. Any diet which doesn't contain
> > >enough calcium is calcium deficient. How much calcium is there in meat
> > >and vegetables? How much calcium in fruit?
> > >But another point is that a lot of foods produce an acid residue when
> > >they get used up in the body (eg meat, eggs, fish, sugar, flour)and
> > >when the blood gets too acid calcium falls out of solution and becomes
> > >unusable in the body -- according to the theory. Read Paul Bragg's
> > >books for more on this idea.

> > No thanks, not if this is the sort of **** he spouts. Sugar and flour
> > tend to produce alkaline urine. Proteins tend to give acid, as does
> > exercise, and carbs give alkaline. A normal diet has little effect.
> > There is plently of calcium in a normal, varied, wholefood diet.

> Sure there is, and there isn't a whole plague of oldies with
> osteoporsis.

To prevent osteoporosis one needs more calcium than
provided by cell salt tablets.

In article <[email protected]>,
William A. Noyes <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Carole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Moosh! <[email protected]> wrote in message

>news:<[email protected]>...

>> > No thanks, not if this is the sort of **** he spouts. Sugar and flour
>> > tend to produce alkaline urine. Proteins tend to give acid, as does
>> > exercise, and carbs give alkaline. A normal diet has little effect.
>> > There is plently of calcium in a normal, varied, wholefood diet.

>> Sure there is, and there isn't a whole plague of oldies with
>> osteoporsis.

>To prevent osteoporosis one needs more calcium than
>provided by cell salt tablets.

Yes, it's hard to build a bone out of a homeopathic dose of calcium.

However, one also needs vitamin D, and load-bearing exercise. The
calcium alone won't help much.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net

"William A. Noyes" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > Sure there is, and there isn't a whole plague of oldies with
> > osteoporsis.

> To prevent osteoporosis one needs more calcium than
> provided by cell salt tablets.

I am interested in your opinion on this topic. Please explain why you
say this.

For the record I take calcium carbonate 1250mg, equivalent to 500 mg
of elemental calcium in each tablet. I find that the homeopathic
cellsalts work ok in a lot of respects but I've never felt I got
enough calcium from the homeopathic ones - a person could die of
lactose poisoning taking as many as I do (the tablets are in a lactose
base).

When I say cellsalts, they can be taken in either the homeopathic
form, the straight milligram form like calcium carbonate which
satisfies the requirements of the 3 calcium cellsalts (phosphate,
sulphate and fluoride) or a person can each calcium rich food. Same
with the other cellsalts - they don't have to be in homeopathic form
except for nat mur (sodium chloride).

Carole
http://www.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a
double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows
the mind ... And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and
the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will
have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the
citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer
up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know?
For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." -- Julius Caesar

[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> >> I'm glad you don't go in for hyperbole, Carole. Otherwise, you would
> >> sound very silly.

> >> Conventional medicine cures lots of things. Infections and acne are
> >> just a couple. Surgery cures things. Cancer can often be cured.

> >I should have said, Conventional medicine only cures at a price.

> Gee, I never realized all those alt practitioners were working for
> free.

When I say "cures at a price" what I mean is they don't restore your
health to its original magnificence but something just a little bit
less each time.

> >> Or, for the gullible and suggestible, there's cell salts.

> >And what is the treatment for tinnitus our housedust allergies, Dave?

> Allergies can be treated by allergy shots. I don't think there's much
> to be done about tinnitus yet. I'm sure you'll now tell me that cell
> salts cure tinnitus. I will warn you now that I am not going to
> accept your unsupported word about this.

I take combination H for ringing in the ears which contain silica, mag
phos and sodium chloride, all in homeopathic form. Its gets rid of it.

> >> Actually, there is considerable doubt it would eliminate disease,
> >> since there are diseases in societies that don't have all that
> >> dreadful stuff you complain about.

> >That is debatable. Do these societies have a proper diet in the first
> >place?

> That depends on whether you're going to define "proper" as "magically
> eliminating all disease."

OK point taken. I follow the soil theory which says that germs and
bacteria are nature's undertakers. This was a theory originating
around 1850 when there were two schools of thought. Experiments were
done which showed that the nature of the germs could be changed by
tinkering with their environment. In an unpolluted environment certain
harmful germs changed to benign ones and vice versa. This is a school
of though which I believe is correct.

> >> We like people who talk about alt med. That's why we're here. It
> >> doesn't require us to treat your bizarro opinions with deep respect,
> >> however.

> >I don't like people who tell me that my alternative medicine opinions
> >are bizarre or that I should limit my range to what is acceptable to
> >corrupt conventional medicine dominated by pharmaceutical company
> >mentality.

> And I get tired of your constant whining about "corrupt conventional
> medicine" and "Rockefeller conspiracies."

There is plenty of evidence to support my theories. The only reason a
person would believe the system is good, is if they believe the
propaganda that is put out to blind people to what is really going on.
The mass media is all controlled and owned by the same people who own
the pharmaceutical companies.

There are many people who know what is going on in this world, people
who have worked it out long before me. I used to rubbish them and
sweep it all under the carpet, until I stopped letting other people do
my thinking for me.

There is plenty of information out there, plenty of cases of
conspiracy to mislead the public and keep them dumbed down. There are
certain people I'm sure, you think that the public are just a mob of
sheep and can be manipulated and led to believe anything.

> >That falls into the category of "what cheeses me off". Conventional
> >people who come here should have a bit of respect for the group,
> >listen and learn rather than try to dominate and ridicule.

> Hey, I at least read your opinions. Nothing requires me to respect
> them.

I wasn't particularly thinking of you when I wrote it. You do read and
answer questions. Some people though, just rubbish things straight off
because they contradict their preconceived ideas.

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
>citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a
>double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows
>the mind ... And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and
>the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will
>have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the
>citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer
>up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know?
>For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." -- Julius Caesar

This supposed "quotation" is fraudulent -- Caesar never said it and
it's also not from Shakespeare.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

In article <[email protected]>,
Carole <[email protected]> wrote:
>[email protected] (David Wright) wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...

>> >I should have said, Conventional medicine only cures at a price.

>> Gee, I never realized all those alt practitioners were working for
>> free.

>When I say "cures at a price" what I mean is they don't restore your
>health to its original magnificence but something just a little bit
>less each time.

Maybe they don't restore *your* health to its original magnificence,
but mine is doing just fine. Perhaps you should change doctors.

>> >And what is the treatment for tinnitus our housedust allergies, Dave?

>> Allergies can be treated by allergy shots. I don't think there's much
>> to be done about tinnitus yet. I'm sure you'll now tell me that cell
>> salts cure tinnitus. I will warn you now that I am not going to
>> accept your unsupported word about this.

>I take combination H for ringing in the ears which contain silica, mag
>phos and sodium chloride, all in homeopathic form. Its gets rid of it.

I don't take anything at all for ringing in the ears and it has always
subsided within a minute or two on the rare occasions when I get it.

>> >That is debatable. Do these societies have a proper diet in the first
>> >place?

>> That depends on whether you're going to define "proper" as "magically
>> eliminating all disease."

>OK point taken. I follow the soil theory which says that germs and
>bacteria are nature's undertakers. This was a theory originating
>around 1850 when there were two schools of thought. Experiments were
>done which showed that the nature of the germs could be changed by
>tinkering with their environment. In an unpolluted environment certain
>harmful germs changed to benign ones and vice versa. This is a school
>of though which I believe is correct.

Not that you've ever seen a germ change into another germ. Neither
has anyone else since the 1850s, as far as I know. Perhaps the germs
are now wearing disguses, now that they know we can see them.

>> And I get tired of your constant whining about "corrupt conventional
>> medicine" and "Rockefeller conspiracies."

>There is plenty of evidence to support my theories. The only reason a
>person would believe the system is good, is if they believe the
>propaganda that is put out to blind people to what is really going on.
>The mass media is all controlled and owned by the same people who own
>the pharmaceutical companies.

According to you and your favorite conspiracy web sites. There's also
plenty of evidence that you're wrong, but you don't want to know about
that.

>There is plenty of information out there, plenty of cases of
>conspiracy to mislead the public and keep them dumbed down. There are
>certain people I'm sure, you think that the public are just a mob of
>sheep and can be manipulated and led to believe anything.

Hey, I *know* they are a mob of sheep who can be manipulated and led
to believe anything. There's no other explanation for some of the
elected officials we (and you) have.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)