The AeroCat 509

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by The Seal, Sep 8, 2010.

1. The Seal

The Seal New Member

I have been on this bike for a short time but have put on about 3100 miles so far this summer. I really like the 509 and have listed the build sheet. The only thing I had built different from the Scram Force build is the wheels and saddle. I have a set of Zipp 404 on it and train with a set of Reynolds Solitude wheels. The saddle is a Fizik Tri carbon. This bike is a great bike and I would rank it with or above the Trek Madone. The bike has a great feel to it but yet it is very fast and responsive.

AeroCat R509 - SPECIFICATIONS

SRAM Force Build:

Fork- AeroCat Custom Carbon
    Headset- Cane Creek IS CustomCane Creek IS
    Seatpost- Ritchey Carbon ProRitchey
    Carbon ProShift/Brake Levers
    SRAM Force DoubleTap Controls
    Front Derailleur- SRAM Force
    Rear Derailleur-SRAM Force
    Cassette- SRAM
    Chain- SRAM
    Brake Calipers- SRAM Force
    Crankset- SRAM Force
    Bottom Bracket- SRAM BB30
    Stem- Ritchey Pro
    Handlebars- Ritchey Pro
    Saddle- Selle Italia SL Carbino
    Wheels- SRAM S27AL
    Tires- Michelin Pro 3 Race

AeroCat R509 - GEOMETRY and FEATURES

GEOMETRY:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FEATURES:
    [​IMG]

Tags:

2. CdnRider

CdnRider New Member

Interesting. First time I've heard of this company. Quickly checked out their site and they seem to build some very nice looking rides at the very least.

I'll keep an eye out for them up here in Canada. They're based out of Indiana so only a few hrs drive from where I am. Another player in the market....

Anyone else have one?

3. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Independant seat stays.... independant from what, the rest of the frame? :p

In that paint scheme, wouldn't aerocow be more apt?

4. CdnRider

CdnRider New Member

Haha. I think it looks pretty nice. Not a fan of that BB30 around the bb though. And that High Performance bit on the seat tube.

But Overall. I like the looks of the frame.

5. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

I didn't notice them until you mentioned it, but yeah... those ridiculous decals are death. :(

6. The Seal

The Seal New Member

I am not a big fan of the bb30 decal but it is under the clear coat and I have to live with it for now. The crank side covers the decal but the other side it stands out. The decal down the seat post looks ok but I would like it better if it was gone as well. The bike with a scram force build is light and fast. I had the AeroCat 500 before I went to the 509 and the 500 is a really nice bike as well. I work in the racing industry, not bicycle racing, and have many top athletes looking at the AeroCat products for training. I live in the same state the bikes are built in and deal direct with AeroCat. I am not a paid employee but do help them from time to time working with some of the athletes that I work with at my job. AeroCat has recently given me the powers to be to give special pricing to the racers I work with. They get a discount through AeroCat direct. I do not handle any of the transaction, only try to help get my athletes on a great bike and be cost effective. If they pick up the bike at the shop they will also do a complete pro bike fit for them. If I can help anyone with more information on the bike please feel free to ask. Just want to help out as many athletes as I can get a good deal!

7. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Ah, the "sell" starts. The internet is a playground for shills.

8. Skip613

Skip613 New Member

I am new. Please explaine to me the meaning of the word "Shill".:confused:

9. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

"A shill is person who is paid to help another person or organization to sell goods or services. The shill pretends to have no association with the seller/group and gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic customer."

10. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

....and before paid assassins hunt you down and shoot you, the name of the component manufacturer is SRAM, not Scram. ;)

SRAM | SRAM

11. Skip613

Skip613 New Member

OK. Now I get it. So he's like the guy at the auction that bids up his buddy's piece.

12. The Seal

The Seal New Member

You can think what you want, I have nothing to gain from what you ride or purchase. I guess you are not use to having a honest guy offer to help so I will withdraw the offer. No problem on my part. Have fun on your next ride.

13. TKOS

TKOS New Member

Well you have 8 posts and all but one are about this Aerocat bike.