The anticipation!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Flyingcoyote, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    I just ordered a pair of Sidi Dominator Mega ATB shoes, size 49 through Performance. After taxes, 2
    day shipping, sale discount and Performance member points it ran me $169. My old Shimano shoes of
    unknown model are shot to hell and my NorthShore shoes are ripped to shreds. It was time. I've never
    had a pair of MTB shoes which cost more that $100 before, but I've heard good things about Sidi
    Dominators.

    As soon as noon rolls around I can head to the LBS and pick up my new trials bike. Not riding
    otherwise today... have my first race of the season tomorrow so I'm staying low to be nicely fresh.
    It's gonna be muddy! Forecast for that area predicts snowshowers. Fun-fun-fun! I guess I'll put that
    fender back on...

    We prerode the course last weekend. We were grateful for a nearby public hose to rinse ourselves and
    our bikes off with. We were caked in mud and probably horse shit.

    Today I'll tinker on my XC bike, tune it up; install those XT/XTR brakes on Erins bike which I never
    got around to; and play with the trials. Wo0t!

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "FlyingCoyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I just ordered a pair of Sidi Dominator Mega ATB shoes, size 49 through Performance. After taxes,
    > 2 day shipping, sale discount and Performance member points it ran me $169. My old Shimano shoes
    > of unknown model are shot to hell and my NorthShore shoes are ripped to shreds. It was time. I've
    > never had a pair of MTB shoes which cost more that $100 before, but I've heard good things about
    > Sidi Dominators.

    I've had a pair for about three months now. They are extremely comfortable. I have broken
    the release catch on the buckle of the right shoe in a crash. You may want to consider
    picking up a spare.

    Enjoy, Mike

  3. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:27:05 -0800, FlyingCoyote wrote:
    > I just ordered a pair of Sidi Dominator Mega ATB shoes, size 49 through Performance.

    Size 49? Whaddya some kind of sasquatch?

  4. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    BB wrote:
    > On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:27:05 -0800, FlyingCoyote wrote:
    >
    >>I just ordered a pair of Sidi Dominator Mega ATB shoes, size 49 through Performance.
    >

    > Size 49? Whaddya some kind of sasquatch?

    I shave my head in order to disguise my true roots but sometimes the feet still give me away. ;)

    Now, back to practicing my trials. I suck unbelievably so far but it's so much fun!
    Trials-online.com has a lot of good tips.

    --

    FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com