The Archers

James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Whey bonny laad, it's great bread like. Usually white bread, not broon like. And its shaped like
> >a dinna plate, boot a couple uv inches thick, boot 12 in diameter.
> >
> >Nowt else quite like it - stottie filled wi' ham an pease puddin. Smashin scran.
> >

> This is a UK newsgroup and, as such, one is expected to communicate in English.

Careful, there are at least 4 other native languages to the UK.

On Sun, 18 May 2003 23:39:48 +0000, [email protected] (Marc) wrote:

>Careful, there are at least 4 other native languages to the UK.

Actually, Marc, I used to speak a mixture of two of them: Brookside and Coronation Street :) It
sounded awful.

Thankfully, having spent the last 20 or years of so darn sarf, I now speak proper, like. Know
what I mean?

Toodle pip James

--
It's a CD-ROM drive, not a cup holder.

Tenex wrote:

>> Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978 ish
>> .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. ;)
>
> Your character was who?

Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)

--

Completed 1666 Seti work units in 12694 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

> Tenex wrote:

>>> Heheheh, I used to be in 'The Archers' ... many many years ago, from about 1974 to about 1978
>>> ish .. though i wasn't 'tupping' anyone then .. I was still partly at school .. ;)
>>
>> Your character was who?
>
> Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)

A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.

) Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)

Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of Mansun. I also assume you're not
Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise.

J-P
--
There is a real world; its properties are not merely social constructions; facts and evidence do
matter. What sane person would contend otherwise? And yet, much contemporary academic theorizing

Tenex wrote:

>>> Your character was who?
>>
>> Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)
>
> A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.

Yup .. his son .. ;)

--

j-p.s wrote:

> ) Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)
>
> Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of Mansun. I also assume you're not
> Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise.
>
> J-P

Yup. I don't know who Jonathan Owen is ..

--

On Mon, 19 May 2003 18:30:10 GMT, "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Your character was who?
>>
>> Terry Barford .. A young scrote from Leeds .. ;)
>
>A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.

George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with Caroline Bone.

Tim

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

> >A relative of George or just a coincidence? Sounds like a familiar name .... but can't remember.
> >
> George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with
> Caroline Bone.

Who didn't?

)> Presumably you're a different Paul Draper from the lead singer of )> Mansun. I also assume you're
not Jonathan Owen in Pallic disguise. ) ) Yup. I don't know who Jonathan Owen is ..

He played Terry as well, according to mumble web resource mumble.

J-P
--
William G Stewart (battle planning and tactics), Johnny Ball (thinking backwards while drunk) and
Tom O'Connor (Pun quartermaster)

On Mon, 19 May 2003 22:34:02 +0100, Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote:

>George's son from his first marriage. Joined the army IIRC. Possibly had a fling with
>Caroline Bone.

And we're back on topic with bicycles.

Marc wrote:

> Who didn't?

Rumours of Caroline's lesbian liaisons with Clarrie are just that, and nothing more! ;-)

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:26:16 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >>Howay - a kind of Geordie pizza, then?
>
> >Some sort of mega-bap, IMO.
>
> Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...

As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.

--
Dave...

On 20 May 2003 05:12:57 -0700, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...

>> >Some sort of mega-bap, IMO.
>>
>> Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...
>
>As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.

I'm not too sure about that, Dave. IIRC, the Fat Slags come from Viz - correct? Please get me back
on topic. Or, probably more correctly, tell me that my ironyometer is failing.

James

--

On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:41:43 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Oh no! It's the Fat Slags...
>>As with Caroline Bone, back on topic once more.
>I'm not too sure about that

Ridden by all. Try to keep up at the back there!

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.

I thought all of Yorks was wet.

--
Dave...

In article <[email protected]>, dkahn400 @yahoo.co.uk says...
> Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.
>
> I thought all of Yorks was wet.

The Wet end is very wet.

Colin

> > > Yes, there's a lot of variation even within Wet Yorks.
> > I thought all of Yorks was wet.
> The Wet end is very wet.

Yes, Our Eric, very wet.

And Howard Molson's got a new shovel, you say? That's nice...

Guy Chapman wrote:

>>>I thought all of Yorks was wet.
>>
>>The Wet end is very wet.
>

> Yes, Our Eric, very wet.
>
> And Howard Molson's got a new shovel, you say? That's nice...

Talking of parrots, has Parrot-online always required IE?

Colin

> Talking of parrots, has Parrot-online always required IE?

New website. Not very good, either - loads of blank pages. Well, there were the last time I looked.

Bit disappointed with them in all honesty - the last order I made, I asked them to send it to my
work address. But they got the postcode wrong (ordered over the phone - my accent isn't that bad) &
it got sent to my home address instead.

New computer system syndrome, I think.

Mark