The Argos Tent Thread

"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> It's the Lada of tents. Who will nick it?

Is this the start of the pro-action backlash?

What's the difference between a pro-action tent and a piece of thick polythene.

One's a crappy bit of DIY kit that offers no protection at all from the wind and rain..... and the
others a piece of polythene.

Ian.

Nick Pedley <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > >It's £30 more than not buying it, and AFAICT it won't do anything my Spacepacker can't do
> >

> > You won't be able to attend Argos Tent Owners Club Events in your spacepacker!
> >
> And how often do these happen?! ;-)
>
> Nick

As far as I know there has never been an "Argos Tent Owners Club Event". However, if such an event
was to be arranged then Peter would not be able to attend in his "Spacepacker". Thus disproving
Peters outrages claim that his Spacepacker can do anything the Argos wonder tent can do.

"Stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> As far as I know there has never been an "Argos Tent Owners Club Event".

The closest was this group's Expedition 13 held mid 2003. Myself, Paul Saunders and Martin
Richardson all turned up with the Pro-Action 1 man tent. And David Laight turned up with the Pro-
Action 4 man tent.

Ian.

> > Ade
>
> Ignore my other posts in this thread. I was posting under difficult circumstances. I had been
> forced to drink a bottle of wine and then some shorts. And then I accidently sat in front of a
> computer and made some posts.

I can understand the difficult circumstances that this must have created. Were the "shorts" dirty
or clean ?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:46:57 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Dainty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Stuart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>
>> As far as I know there has never been an "Argos Tent Owners Club Event".
>
>The closest was this group's Expedition 13 held mid 2003. Myself, Paul Saunders and Martin
>Richardson all turned up with the Pro-Action 1 man tent. And David Laight turned up with the Pro-
>Action 4 man tent.
>
>Ian.

4 man tent? Shouldn't that be '4 men tent'?

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:00:11 +0000 (UTC), "Ian Dainty"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>
>> 4 man tent? Shouldn't that be '4 men tent'?
>
>Please expand your explaination. I am perplexed and eager to learn.
>
>Kindest regards
>
>Ian.

You are a drunkard, Sir! I'll have no truck with you!

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com

"Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> One of those silly camping gear definitions, rather like a 5 season sleeping bag. And we all know
> that 2 man really means 1 man. Besides, I think it was a 3 man.

It sleeps 2 in comfort. Four men *could* sleep in it. But they would have to be really good mates.

Ian.

"Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]

> You are a drunkard, Sir! I'll have no truck with you!

And what exactly is wrong with being a drunkard? You call me to order over a question of English
grammer and then do not not have the wit nor intelligence to explain yourself.

Consider your nose pulled.

I.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:03:08 +0000, Andy Howell wrote:

>On 27/1/04 11:04 pm, in article [email protected], "Ian
>Dainty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:eek:[email protected]
>>
>>> You are a drunkard, Sir! I'll have no truck with you!
>>
>> And what exactly is wrong with being a drunkard? You call me to order over a question of English
>> grammer and then do not not have the wit nor intelligence to explain yourself.
>

>Hmm, I was looking forward to joining you lot on a future expedition, but I'm not sure that I would
>actually understand what was going on!

Neither would we.

>(Mind you I think I would feel a little self conscious without an Argos tent
>- could I get away with my Hilleberg Nallos?)

Certainly, we would all be too drunk to notice. :)

On 27/1/04 11:04 pm, in article
[email protected], "Ian Dainty"

<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 27/1/04 11:04 pm, in article [email protected], "Ian
>Dainty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Paul Rooney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:eek:[email protected]
>>
>>> You are a drunkard, Sir! I'll have no truck with you!
>>
>> And what exactly is wrong with being a drunkard? You call me to order over a question of English
>> grammer and then do not not have the wit nor intelligence to explain yourself.
>

>Hmm, I was looking forward to joining you lot on a future expedition, but I'm not sure that I would
>actually understand what was going on!

Getting drunk and talking rubbish - what's so difficult about that?

"Ian Dainty" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> It sleeps 2 in comfort. Four men *could* sleep in it. But they would have to be really good mates.

That could be an event to hold on your Pro Action rallies...an assault on the "most people to fit in
a solo tent" world record. We used to do it with phone boxes as bored teenagers. I think it took
about 20 minutes to disentangle ourselves each time someone tapped on the glass wanting to use the
phone for it's intended purpose.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:44:26 +1000, "gaza"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Ade
>>
>> Ignore my other posts in this thread. I was posting under difficult circumstances. I had been
>> forced to drink a bottle of wine and then some shorts. And then I accidently sat in front of a
>> computer and made some posts.
>>
>I can understand the difficult circumstances that this must have created. Were the "shorts" dirty
>or clean ?

That question occurred to me but I couldn't formulate it in proper words at the time.

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site (updated 29th September 2003):

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com

>> > Ade
> >
>> Ignore my other posts in this thread. I was posting under difficult circumstances. I had been
>> forced to drink a bottle of wine and then some shorts. And then I accidently sat in front of a
>> computer and made some posts.

Reminds me of the W.C.Fields' saying "Lost my corkscrew once. Had to survive on food and water for
three days!"

Regards: Jim Ford

"gaza" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> > > Ade
> >I had been forced to drink a bottle of wine and then some shorts.
> >
> I can understand the difficult circumstances that this must have created. Were the "shorts" dirty
> or clean ?

I had to think for a moment or two before I understood what you meant. Doh!

Dropped into Toys R Us for a sledge today. They haven't got any in. Who runs these places? They said
they were expecting a delivery tomorrow "if the lorry can get through"! Usual story. A bit of snow
and the country closes down.

I blame Tony.

Ian.