The benefits of fitness walking?

Clara Powell

Guest
Hi,

I live in France, and I must confess that fitness walking is not as popular here as it is in Quebec
and in Canada. And many books about firness walking in French are, in fact, translated from
American English.

Could you sum up the benefiots of fitness walking or power walking for me?

Could you explain what your dauily routine consists in? Do you control your pulse?

Clara, addicted to walking (not for such a long time, but very addicted!)

"Clara Powell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I live in France, and I must confess that fitness walking is not as
popular
> here as it is in Quebec and in Canada. And many books about firness
walking
> in French are, in fact, translated from American English.
>
> Could you sum up the benefiots of fitness walking or power walking for
me?

> Could you explain what your dauily routine consists in? Do you control
your
> pulse?
>

> Clara, addicted to walking (not for such a long time, but very addicted!)

http://walking.about.com/cs/healthbenefits/

This site lists many benefits of walking.

I don't walk everyday. My exercise routine consists of 3 days of resistance weight training and I
vary my exercise the other 2-3 days. In the summer it's usually bike riding. In the winter months I
use my treadmill at home or do an exercise video - yoga, bosu ball, cardio, exercise ball, etc.

Beverly

> http://walking.about.com/cs/healthbenefits/
>
> This site lists many benefits of walking.
>
> I don't walk everyday. My exercise routine consists of 3 days of resistance weight training and I
> vary my exercise the other 2-3 days. In the summer it's usually bike riding. In the winter months
> I use my treadmill at home or do an exercise video - yoga, bosu ball, cardio, exercise ball, etc.
>
> Beverly

Thanks a lot!

I'm getting more and more addicted to walking!

Clara