The best cycling advice you have ever received

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simonb, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Michael Kent

    Michael Kent Guest

    "Andrew Chadwick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:30:06 +0100, Mark
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Beware of kamikaze wildlife, particularly pheasants.
    > >
    > > And foxes dragging roadkill.
    > >
    > > Happened to me.
    >
    > How so? Not painful for you, I hope.
    >
    > "Remember: foxes are more interested in roadkill than traffic, and may run into the road
    > unexpectedly."

    Bah Foxes you should try hitting a badger at speed, just ask my tacho'd front wheel. They're heavy
    little buggers

    Cheers Michael

  2. On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:37:28 +1000, contributor Adrian Tritschler had scribed:
    > Don't ride down steps on a fully loaded touring bike if you value your rims. (Corollary: Council,
    > don't put steps on bike paths)

    Don't wheel loaded touring bike over foot.

    Gary

    --

    The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

    For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Gary Knighton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:37:28 +1000, contributor Adrian Tritschler had scribed:
    > > Don't ride down steps on a fully loaded touring bike if you value your rims. (Corollary:
    > > Council, don't put steps on bike paths)
    > >

    > Don't wheel loaded touring bike over foot.
    >
    > Gary
    >
    > --
    Don't try to ride through canal towpath 'pinchpoints' with a fully loaded tourer....