The Best Helmet I have ever had.

Originally posted by Guest
Well before i had 40 dollar helmets and they looked ok but what i found was going down hills it became a parachute and to stop this it has to be tight and this choked.

I now have the Met Stradavarious and it was not cheap $230 but it does no choke it fits great and it does not turn into a parachute going down hills. Also the ventalation is superb.

+ with me new haircut (or lack of much hair :) _ ) its even beter. Also it looks way cool too and that makes me go faster lol :)

And no i do not work for met.

Flash

I read somewhere that the best helmet is the one that salvages your skull in a crash. Makes sense to me. I have a Giro E2 for my mountain bike that I love and I'm currently building up my first road bike and I haven't decided if I'm just going to wear the E2 or buy a new one specifically for road bikes.

Matt

A Giro Transit -- probably one of their cheapest at $35. Fit great, and saved me from being a lifetime vegetable a couple of months ago when the back of my head hit the asphalt hard enough to crack the styrofoam inside. I was able to sit up within 10 seconds, with no headaches or double vision. I just wish it had been able to protect the ribs that got bruised.

And, yes, I bought another one the next time I was in the bike shop.

I recently bought a Met Stradavarius to replace an ageing Bell Evo Pro.The fit of the Met, retention system, light weight, and venting are GREAT: well worth the dollars