The Best Region For Biking In Italy Is Abruzzi

mareblu

Mar 16, 2004
Hello cycling friends, if you really want to enjoy great mountain and beach views all in one area, go to the region of Abruzzi in Italy. You will enjoy the most spectacular hill roads and the greatest food there is!

Abruzzi is located in the center zone of Italy. Even Bob Roll mentioned it during TDF how wonderful this Area is for Training any rider.

CHeck it out! you will love it!

CIAO

Mareblu ;)

Virenque said:
Better than Dolomites? Northern, mountain part of Italy!

Yes, Abbruzzi is also very mountanous and better yet, there are lots of little town with great food, just ask Bob Roll what he thinks about this area. :)

BlackHoleSun said:
Hi.

Nothing is better than dolomities......I am italian.....

Si pero' non avete il mare e montagna tutti e due vicini!
ciao
Buon Anno!

But you need the sea only at winter! Personaly I like true mountains a lot more than a see..

Virenque said:
But you need the sea only at winter! Personaly I like true mountains a lot more than a see..

You ought to visit Abruzzi. It provides great climbs as well as awsome views~

Virenque said:
Yes, here I am! And I`ve been watching Flanders.:)
wow Lucky You! I have to wait until sunday that a television channel will show a recap of the major events. I guess, it's better than none!

Of course it is! We have Eurosport with a lot of cycling and one or two other channels with cycling sometimes but I`m still complaining because we don`t have RAI 3 (italian 3rd program) or spanish TVE to watch even more races! I`m a bit spoiled hehe..:rolleyes::)

Virenque said:
Of course it is! We have Eurosport with a lot of cycling and one or two other channels with cycling sometimes but I`m still complaining because we don`t have RAI 3 (italian 3rd program) or spanish TVE to watch even more races! I`m a bit spoiled hehe..:rolleyes::)

I have Rai International and they will show The GIro and the major races so I guess I am not so unlucky.... :p

We have RAI 1 & 2 and nobody in our family is watching it hehe! Where do you live that you have RAI? In Cali or not?

Virenque said:
We have RAI 1 & 2 and nobody in our family is watching it hehe! Where do you live that you have RAI? In Cali or not?

in Sacramento California USA, where today we were surprised to get tornadoes!!!! where Are You from?

wow you get rai in the us...

great for the races, very looking forward to the giro... only a few weeks to go with a stage finshing an hour or so away.... will be there for that one!!..

i have to disagree with one point however.... le marche is far and away the best region for bikes.... however im a little biased!!.. :rolleyes:

jonny_velo said:
i have to disagree with one point however.... le marche is far and away the best region for bikes.... however im a little biased!!.. :rolleyes:
Because you have not ridden in Northern Lazio (Rieti - Terni area). For a quick training ride try the Terminillo, Rieti side... :)

Powerful Pete said:
Because you have not ridden in Northern Lazio (Rieti - Terni area). For a quick training ride try the Terminillo, Rieti side... :)

Tutti questi ride e nessuno mi parla in italiano?