the best stationary bike

robbies_

Dec 29, 2003
I am looking for the best possible stationary bike for about 1000USD. So far I have chosen the Kettler Ergoracer (model 2002). Would you have any suggestions?

Originally posted by robbies_
I am looking for the best possible stationary bike for about 1000USD. So far I have chosen the Kettler Ergoracer (model 2002). Would you have any suggestions?

How about the Giant Tempo?

Originally posted by robbies_

There is this girl that rides one of the expensive stationary bikesw at the gym that I work out at. Tall, lean legs, long brown hair, god she is HOT! Sigh~

Originally posted by BaCardi
There is this girl that rides one of the expensive stationary bikesw at the gym that I work out at. Tall, lean legs, long brown hair, god she is HOT! Sigh~

pics?? ;)

I bought a new Kettler Ergo Racer (about $1,100 shipped) a few weeks ago, this is a serious trainer and the closest thing to a real road bike that I could find.

Along the lines of a spinner with electric resistance.

Really happy with it!

Hi, thanks for your reply...
I bought the Ergoracer and after 150kms I can say I like it. There is one thing that I don't like though - when pressing the left pedal, I feel a quiet sound and I feel a small disruption under my foot. Do you experience any disturbances like mine?

Originally posted by DanP
I bought a new Kettler Ergo Racer (about $1,100 shipped) a few weeks ago, this is a serious trainer and the closest thing to a real road bike that I could find.

Really happy with it!

Originally posted by DanP

Really happy with it!

DanP where did you find it for $1100 ? I see them selling for around $1500

I bought mine in Warsaw/Poland for around 842,10526315789473684210526315789 USD but it was one of the last 3 pieces of the 2002 model in Kettler's warehouse in Poland.

Robbies,

No, no disturbances in pedal travel in mine at all, only beef by now is that the straps/pedal setup on both sides results in shoe rubbing unless one wears the thinnest shoes.

I'll swap pedals with ones from an old bike when I get the chance.

Rudy,

Take a look at the folks at http://www.efitnessdirect.com/product-347.html, I bought an '04 ErgoRacer for about the price mentioned including shipping. Any doubts ask for Andy, they are good guys, will buy again from them anyday.

P.s.: I'm in the US and the current model still only comes with a metric-only console, not the end of the world but annoying to keep converting the Km to Miles.

Kettler said the new US console would not be available until Feb, and the guys at eFitnessdirect promised they'd swap it out then, good enough for me.

Does anyone know about the handlebars on the kettlers (either the Racer or the Ergo Racer - please mention your model in post)?

Can they be set at different angles (ex. parallel to the floor)?

Also do the elbow pads rotate or flip out of the way for upright riding?

If you have a digital camera, could you post some shots of the various positions (assuming there are any).

Thanks.