the best winter gloves

catch

Jul 7, 2004
I am sick of having cold fingertips - can anyone recommend a pair of warm + waterproof gloves that are not too cumbersome for road riding in the winter please

Xsmoker said:
Your ski gloves!
Ditto on the ski gloves, when it's colder than 38F. When it's warmer, I use gore windstopper gloves, over my normal riding gloves.

I use Louis Garneau lobster gloves. Easy to shift and hold onto the bike with. Water resistant and breathable. Good gloves.

TKOS said:
I use Louis Garneau lobster gloves. Easy to shift and hold onto the bike with. Water resistant and breathable. Good gloves.[/QUOTE

I too use the Lobster gloves . I Have the Pearl Izumi and they are great. Much better the the 5 fingered ski gloves I was using.:cool:

Lobster gloves for frost and below (taking windchill into account), otherwise a thin running-glove and normal bike gloves over them!

ski gloves are too bulky for accurate shifting or using your computer, HRM etc

Down to around freezing, a pair of PI Windstopper gloves. Any lower and I'd throw on my Cloudveil IceFloe gloves, that I use ice climbing: their less bulky than ski gloves, with muy better dexterity and feeling.