the biggest tech issue: LARD- solution? LardList

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Remove The Poli, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What will make me faster and more comfortable than anything else I can do on regarding bicycling?
    LOSE LARD! I'm about 15-20 pounds heavier than when I was bale to run 10 miles.

In a recent issue of Newsweek a study was reviewed that found the largest single factor in losing
    weight was social reinforcement.

So I want to start a mailing list for cyclists that want to lose weight. No money involved here. The
    idea will be to support each other, offer constructive criticism, discuss research, and anything
    else legal, healthy and sane that works.

Part of this may be to form a cognitively negative view of unnecessary flab, as defined by you, for
    you. This list would not be a good thing for anyone who has ever suffered from anorexia- they do
    enough negative flab-imaging as it is.

It will be a lot easier to turn down that 8-inch diameter, 3-pound Cinnabon when you know you'll be
    logging on and telling every one you gained 2 pounds this week.

It will be a moderated list, and I hereby appoint myself as benevolent dictator moderator. I have
    a doctorate in clinical psychology, but I am not licensed and list members will NOT be my
    patients. Flames will disappear without comment or explanation. I don't have the time or
    inclination to get involved in lengthy discussions with people who want to be negative or
    emotionally hurtful to others.

Any takers please email me at the address above with the polite word removed and include the word
    "trimlist" in the subject.

Tags:

2. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

remove the polite word to reply <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What will make me faster and more comfortable than anything else I can do on regarding bicycling?
    > LOSE LARD! I'm about 15-20 pounds heavier than when I was bale to run 10 miles.
    >
    > In a recent issue of Newsweek a study was reviewed that found the largest single factor in losing
    > weight was social reinforcement.
    >
    > So I want to start a mailing list for cyclists that want to lose weight. No money involved here.
    > The idea will be to support each other, offer constructive criticism, discuss research, and
    > anything else legal, healthy and sane that works.

Here, try this! - They tell me about 20 or so times a week how good it is,

emotionally stable guy with an excellent memory and no wrinkles, already <deep breath>:

---------------------------------------
    Fwd:Lose Weight without Diet

HGH 1000 is unbelievable!

Look younger + more energy + lose weight in three weeks.

AS SEEN ON NBC, CBS, CNN, AND OPRAH. THE HEALTH DISCOVERY THAT ACTUALLY REVERSES AGING WHILE BURNING
    FAT WITHOUT DIETING OR EXERCISE

Free month's supply of HGH 1000

This proven discovery has been reported on by the New England Journal of Medicine. Forget aging and
    dieting forever. And it's Guaranteed.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOSE WEIGHT WHILE YOU SLEEP? No dieting. No hunger pains. No Cravings. No
    strenuous exercise. Change your life forever. Click Here to Learn How you can Receive a Full Month's
    Supply of HGH 1000 Absolutely FREE

1. Body Fat Loss....................82% improvement.
    2. Wrinkle Reduction.............61% improvement.
    3. Energy Level......................84% improvement.
    4. Muscle Strength.................88% improvement.

5. Emotional Stability.............67% improvement.
    6. Memory..............................62% improvement.

Get Your FREE 1 Month Supply of HGH 1000 TODAY -
    ------------------------

HTH!

Shaun aRe

3. I think you will find that the easiest way to lose weight is to EAT MORE.

By eating more you will keep your metabolism elevated, so you will burn more fat off.

Also, by eating more, you will have more energy to ride your bike, which also keeps your metabolism
    up and helps you to lose even MORE fat.

If you watch fat people, you will see that they eat small amounts of food, while still gaining
    weight. That should tell you something.
    :)

Lewis. (with 5 lbs still to lose)

[email protected] (remove the polite word to reply) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > What will make me faster and more comfortable than anything else I can do on regarding bicycling?
    > LOSE LARD! I'm about 15-20 pounds heavier than when I was bale to run 10 miles.
    >
    > In a recent issue of Newsweek a study was reviewed that found the largest single factor in losing
    > weight was social reinforcement.
    >
    > So I want to start a mailing list for cyclists that want to lose weight. No money involved here.
    > The idea will be to support each other, offer constructive criticism, discuss research, and
    > anything else legal, healthy and sane that works.
    >
    > Part of this may be to form a cognitively negative view of unnecessary flab, as defined by you,
    > for you. This list would not be a good thing for anyone who has ever suffered from anorexia- they
    > do enough negative flab-imaging as it is.
    >
    > It will be a lot easier to turn down that 8-inch diameter, 3-pound Cinnabon when you know you'll
    > be logging on and telling every one you gained 2 pounds this week.
    >
    > It will be a moderated list, and I hereby appoint myself as benevolent dictator moderator. I have
    > a doctorate in clinical psychology, but I am not licensed and list members will NOT be my
    > patients. Flames will disappear without comment or explanation. I don't have the time or
    > inclination to get involved in lengthy discussions with people who want to be negative or
    > emotionally hurtful to others.
    >
    > Any takers please email me at the address above with the polite word removed and include the word
    > "trimlist" in the subject.

4. remove the polite word to reply <[email protected]> wrote:
    >In a recent issue of Newsweek a study was reviewed that found the largest single factor in losing
    >weight was social reinforcement.

Translation; making yourself half-neurotic about it. I'll bet they didn't ask many cyclists, either
    - the largest single factor IME is riding bike. Plus, if you ride a lot, you have to watch what you
    eat only because otherwise it might run away.
    --
    David Damerell <[email protected]> Kill the tomato!

5. Top Sirloin

Top Sirloin Guest

On 24 Jun 2003 07:01:45 -0700, [email protected] (Lewis Campbell) wrote:

>If you watch fat people, you will see that they eat small amounts of food, while still gaining
    >weight. That should tell you something.

It tells you they still have enough self-respect to not eat two large pizzas in front of company.

--
    Scott Johnson "Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are why they only open the
    top half of caskets." -Tommy Bowen

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

>In a recent issue of Newsweek a study was reviewed that found the largest single factor in losing
    >weight was social reinforcement.

Social reinforcement indeed. I'm trying to socialize with this new girl, I'm riding with her now. No
    greater incentive to lose some more weight and whip myself into even better shape.

Doug

7. Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones Guest

"Lewis Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think you will find that the easiest way to lose weight is to EAT MORE.
    >
    > By eating more you will keep your metabolism elevated, so you will burn more fat off.
    >
    It keeps your metabolism elevated perhaps, but it doesn't help you lose weight. Trust me, many
    people have tried it... Eat sensibly and regularly is a better option.

> Also, by eating more, you will have more energy to ride your bike, which also keeps your
    > metabolism up and helps you to lose even MORE fat.
    >
    That is the key. Ride hard and the weight will come off. I've dropped 2 kg this month and actually
    reduced my weekly distance by about 150 km. However I've cut out the occasional Belgian pastries, as
    well as been training/racing at a higher intensity.

cheers, Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.