The boudreaux thread

Initially I had a probelm with Boudreaux. I had an "exchange" or two with him. Then it became apparent to me that the guy knows what he's talking about. And I don't think he means any harm. It'a all in good fun and I enjoy his posts.

BLAH BLAH BLAH
I love to bike. Thats why I came to this forum. Gleen what you can from someones post then move on. If you can't take the heat stay outa the fire. If you can't swim stay on the beach. If you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch.

There's a learning curve with the guy, as there is in dealing with any sociopath.

After a few botched attempts to reason the guy into being less caustic, I (like meehs) came to understand that he is what he is; he's got a straightforward inability to approach people with normal standards of tact and politeness. He's guaranteed to chime in with a senselessly rude, unsolicited opinion from time to time.

Thank him when he's helpful (even though he's rarely a pleasant helper) and ignore him when he's just being a combative turd.

Boudreaux is my very favorite celeb. on the forum. I basically like the way he opperates and value his advice. He also has high entertainment value. You can't ask for more. Keep up the good work!

Boudreaux has my vote as THE most knowledgeable person on the Forum. Now, with the hooey removed from my statement, he is certainly one of the .... hmmm... three most knowledgeable persons on the Forum, far surpassing my meager knowledge, and he is consistently the first poster with the key facts or suggestion to solve the OP's problem. That really means alot to someone in a jam. The Forum would be far less valuable were he not a member.

"hooey" is now part of the lore of the Forum.

I never even need to read who wrote the post if it was from Boudreaux. I can always tell. ALWAYS. This forum is for bored people [and probably some lost souls] looking for others with similar interests, or those in search of knowledge. It ain't church.

There's someone like Boudreaux on just about every lively forum. Nothing wrong with him or that in general.

BTW, do you know who Dr. Boudreaux was? He's the dude who got all those collegiate hoopsters loaded by doping their drinks, then took them back to a hotel room for, umm, photos. Incriminating ones, with his 'crank' featured predominantly in them. I think he used them to blackmail the teams in tanking games/shaving points. A local radio personality who played in the NCAA tells that story every now and then. At first I thought our boy Bou had taken that name for that reason. Maybe he did...

Originally posted by Aztec
I never even need to read who wrote the post if it was from Boudreaux. I can always tell. ALWAYS. This forum is for bored people [and probably some lost souls] looking for others with similar interests, or those in search of knowledge. It ain't church.

There's someone like Boudreaux on just about every lively forum. Nothing wrong with him or that in general.

BTW, do you know who Dr. Boudreaux was? He's the dude who got all those collegiate hoopsters loaded by doping their drinks, then took them back to a hotel room for, umm, photos. Incriminating ones, with his 'crank' featured predominantly in them. I think he used them to blackmail the teams in tanking games/shaving points. A local radio personality who played in the NCAA tells that story every now and then. At first I thought our boy Bou had taken that name for that reason. Maybe he did...

Dr. Boudreaux also got thrown in jail for charges of indecency and leud behavior. Drugging and taking pics of naked men didn't exactly go unpunished either after the blackmail offenses were dealt with. :D

so boudreaux is a tad abrasive. some may say he's an irritating little sh1t. but he's not hurt anyone - bruised an ego, maybe - but nothing some others of us haven't done at some point. an he is very helpful - pompous and self-important, maybe - but helpful none-the-less. the real question is WHY he refuses to suffer fools and braggarts. perhaps his mother held him too much, or not enough. perhaps he had a sneaky uncle who came into his room late at night. maybe he is trying to compensate for having a small penis and no place to put it. who knows? who cares?

he should stay.

and this should be quite enough of this thread.

Originally posted by rv
..... the real question is WHY he refuses to suffer fools and braggarts. perhaps his mother held him too much, or not enough. perhaps he had a sneaky uncle who came into his room late at night. maybe he is trying to compensate for having a small penis and no place to put it. who knows?

Dr. Phil is on the case,but doesn't have much hope of a difinitie diagnosis, much less a cure. :( ;)

Even with your lack of social graces your bike knowledge is top notch, and I usually get a laugh out of at least 1 of your posts a day :D

Originally posted by el Inglés
You are kidding aren´t you ? :confused:

Nope.

But it would still be good to know that he was purposely kicked off and not just missing in action.

Originally posted by boudreaux
Dr. Phil is on the case,but doesn't have much hope of a difinitie diagnosis, much less a cure. :( ;)

Maybe a bottle of Prozac, a beer, and a shot of whiskey to lighten up a bit?

I must admit, the whole lot of hooey and good tips and info are entertaining.

Originally posted by waterboy420
Maybe a bottle of Prozac, a beer, and a shot of whiskey to lighten up a bit?

What? You're saying it's not more crack and higher voulme on the heavy metal? I guess I do ned a new Doc. :confused:

Originally posted by brightgarden
Nope.

But it would still be good to know that he was purposely kicked off and not just missing in action.

He is MIA, I havent seen him on here for awhile now.

cheers

Originally posted by steve
He is MIA, I havent seen him on here for awhile now.

cheers

That's his style. He'll be back picking and choosing the threads he's going to troll.

Originally posted by chrome frame
Well, I think we need a place to talk about this. Anyone want to start?
For what it's worth I think that although he is not the most diplomatic of all the people on the forum he sure is knowlegable, must have worked in a lot of bike shops. He replies and gives lots of good info. Just glean the best and ignore the rest, and if you think about it he probably is as critical of himself as he is of others.

Originally posted by bobobg
... he sure is knowlegable, must have worked in a lot of bike shops. He replies and gives lots of good info. ..... and if you think about it he probably is as critical of himself as he is of others.
Never worked in a bike shop bro. 'If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right'.

Originally posted by BaCardi
That's his style. He'll be back picking and choosing the threads he's going to troll.

Maybe got angry and stabbed his computer with those controversial knives????