The boudreaux thread

He has ticked me off a bit a few times, but he is very imformative and if you don't ask a stuiped as* question he helps... His sarcasim can be very humerous once you get passed the feeling of dislike for him. Keep it up buddy.

SWEETRIDE4ME said:
He has ticked me off a bit a few times, but he is very imformative and if you don't ask a stuiped as* question he helps... His sarcasim can be very humerous once you get passed the feeling of dislike for him. Keep it up buddy.

Try and get to know him. You will find he is very timely in response, accurate with his suggestions, steeped with knowledge and experience and..., courteous. There is truth to your assessment above, but I surmise that too many forum members get their panties in a bunch over little, if anything. And I do appreciate his humor.

Now, we should get back to the unethical individual who started this thread and ran for cover.

-Wm.

I wanna know why he doesn't impart his wisdom over at the bigger pond, which is bikeforums.net. There must too many bigger fish over there :)

Come on Bordy, get over there and cut it up

nutbag said:
I wanna know why he doesn't impart his wisdom over at the bigger pond, which is bikeforums.net. There must too many bigger fish over there :)

How do you know he/she doesn't?

boudreaux said:
How do you know he/she doesn't?

Well, there's a doodaroony over there named "boudreaux" who posted a few messages a while back, but has disappeared.

However, if you have another pseudonym, I'd like to have a guess, but I don't wanna blow your cover :)

nutbag said:
However, if you have another pseudonym, I'd like to have a guess, but I don't wanna blow your cover :)

Piece 'o cake :)

I'd like to challenge to vary your prose, and your use of abbreviations on the other forum

chrome frame said:
he has some good info, but can work on his delivery.
Hi,

I agree with the above. But using good manners in a forum like this is of more importance than the good info. You'll get the good info from someone anyway. The local forum for windsurfers here went down because of groups of rivalling soccer hooligans (who entered the forum in some way) cursing at each other.

I get the impression that Boudreaux tries to bluff by taking an arogant attitude and using a lot of big words. Sometimes the info he provides is very well indeed. But the attitude is too often the bluffing one instead of a helpfull attitude.

Also I have seen the thread where he thinks that the Columbus SLX tube set is made of aluminium.... Shame on you Boudreux!

Maybe a good time to change attitude?

Regards, Frank.

BIANCHI_EURO said:
But using good manners in a forum like this is of more importance than the good info. You'll get the good info from someone anyway.

Also I have seen the thread where he thinks that the Columbus SLX tube set is made of aluminium....
BS on both points.You apparently have a comprehension problem. There IS A Columbus slx aluminum tubeset that Specialized is currently using.So, I don't think slx is Aluminum, I know there is an aluminum tubeset with that moniker. There is also the somewhat old school steel columbus slx tubeset. I have a early 90s vintage tomassini built with the latter.So, it depends on which one you are talking about whether it is aluminum or steel.

nutbag said:

Bigger pond?

48,900 members at Cyclingforums, 18,300 at Bikeforums.
There are specialty areas more active at Bikeforums, but the bicycle mechanics forum at bikeforums is not as active as the cycling equipment forum here.

BIANCHI_EURO said:
BIANCHI_EURO said:
I agree with the above. But using good manners in a forum like this is of more importance than the good info. You'll get the good info from someone anyway.
BIANCHI_EURO said:
I respectfully disagree. There are very few forum members who consistently provide detailed, accurate and timely information. Boudreaux is one of them. As I asked previously; have you made any effort to get to know him?

Some might see a rusty old bike; others may see a great ride. Perhaps it all depends on how you wish to take it in.

Boudreaux, to be sure, I was not referring to you as a rusty old bike. On my Freudian honor.

-Wm.

need11@46 said:
BIANCHI_EURO said:
BIANCHI_EURO said:
I agree with the above. But using good manners in a forum like this is of more importance than the good info. You'll get the good info from someone anyway.
BIANCHI_EURO said:
I respectfully disagree. There are very few forum members who consistently provide detailed, accurate and timely information. Boudreaux is one of them. As I asked previously; have you made any effort to get to know him?

I agree. I see him as cross between Yosemite Sam and the comic book store guy from The Simpsons -- once you know what you're in for, it's not so bad. :)

meb said:
Bigger pond?

48,900 members at Cyclingforums, 18,300 at Bikeforums.
There are specialty areas more active at Bikeforums, but the bicycle mechanics forum at bikeforums is not as active as the cycling equipment forum here.

Yeah, but "cycling equipment" is much less specific than "bicycle mechanics", and this "equipment" section basically covers mechanics and road cycling.

I'm a bit suspicious of all these "numbers", especially "viewing numbers". These forums are like TV stations: the more viewers, the more ad revenue.

I gather this forum has been around longer, so it's not hard to believe it has more members, plus it's taken over "rec.bikes..", but there seems to be a descrepency betweem viewing numbers and the posting rate compared with other forums.

So, what I suppsoe I'm saying I see bikeforums as a bigger pond because there seems to be much more traffic, especially in the "road cycling" section. :)

But who really cares?.......

nutbag said:
So, what I suppsoe I'm saying I see bikeforums as a bigger pond because there seems to be much more traffic, especially in the "road cycling" section. :)

But who really cares?.......
More traffic = more roadkill.....Yuummmmmmmmmmmmm!

The fact is Boudreaux may be abrasive, but he usually interjects his opinion and experience to each thread and I appreciate that. I may not always agree with what he is saying, but I appreciate another view. I'm not here to get stroked off about how cool my bike is or how much it weighs. I'm here for facts and opinions. If you are so thin skinned that you can't take a roasting, BS or a HOOEY!, you probably need to be on another board!

Scuba Steve

A lot of "misinformed" people out there tout their wisdom as gospel and spread it, adding to the confusion.

The thing I like about boudreaux is that he puts and end to these in a frank, straightforward way - no BS whatsoever. I have found his information to be correct almost all of the time, and when he gives out any wrong information (he's only human too y'know) he's quick to rectify it.

Yes, I have been one of the "misinformed" too.

Keep it up dude, I know I learned a lot from your posts!