The Case of the Disappearing George

Tom Kunich

Guest
What the heck happened to George? I was watching as he started up Sierra Rd
before everyone else and then he simply disappeared. What happened to him?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> What the heck happened to George? I was watching as he started up Sierra
> Rd before everyone else and then he simply disappeared. What happened to
> him?

The aliens wanted to reposses their stem cells ?

On Feb 20, 4:52 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> What the heck happened to George? I was watching as he started up Sierra Rd
> before everyone else and then he simply disappeared. What happened to him?

Bonk? He was struggling as he was passed by the Levi, Horner, Gesink,
Zabrisk group on bottom half of Sierra Rd.
ABS

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
On Feb 20, 4:52 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > What the heck happened to George? I was watching as he started up Sierra
> > Rd
> > before everyone else and then he simply disappeared. What happened to
> > him?

> Bonk? He was struggling as he was passed by the Levi, Horner, Gesink,
> Zabrisk group on bottom half of Sierra Rd.

Curious that they didn't show that on the ToC website running coverage.

In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
<cyclintom@yahoo.> wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> On Feb 20, 4:52 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> > > What the heck happened to George? I was watching as he started up Sierra
> > > Rd
> > > before everyone else and then he simply disappeared. What happened to
> > > him?

> > Bonk? He was struggling as he was passed by the Levi, Horner, Gesink,
> > Zabrisk group on bottom half of Sierra Rd.

> Curious that they didn't show that on the ToC website running coverage.

On the live video they showed George being passed by the Levi gorup on
Sierra. It happened pretty quickly once they hit Sierra.

"Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:210220081630204257%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
> <cyclintom@yahoo.> wrote:
>
>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Bonk? He was struggling as he was passed by the Levi, Horner, Gesink,
>> > Zabrisk group on bottom half of Sierra Rd.

>> Curious that they didn't show that on the ToC website running coverage.
>>

> On the live video they showed George being passed by the Levi gorup on
> Sierra. It happened pretty quickly once they hit Sierra.

I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV coverage.
But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at. And Frankie and
friend were even wondering what happened.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:210220081630204257%[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
>> <cyclintom@yahoo.> wrote:
>>
>>> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> happened to

>>> Curious that they didn't show that on the ToC website running coverage.
>>>

>> On the live video they showed George being passed by the Levi gorup on
>> Sierra. It happened pretty quickly once they hit Sierra.

> I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV
> coverage. But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at. And
> Frankie and friend were even wondering what happened.

What web site were you watching? I saw it on the amgentourofcalifornia
site.

<cyclintom@yahoo.> wrote:

> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:210220081630204257%[email protected]...
> > In article <[email protected]>, Tom Kunich
> > <cyclintom@yahoo.> wrote:
> >
> >> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> Curious that they didn't show that on the ToC website running coverage.
> >>

> > On the live video they showed George being passed by the Levi gorup on
> > Sierra. It happened pretty quickly once they hit Sierra.

> I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV coverage.
> But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at. And Frankie and
> friend were even wondering what happened.

Well if you were watching carefully it was obvious what happend. Of
course with the speed difference between George and the Levi group if
you blinked at the wrong moment you missed George getting caught and
dropped. The web commentators don't always pay close attention to what
is going on.

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Casey Kerrigan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> On the live video they showed George being passed by the Levi gorup on
>>> Sierra. It happened pretty quickly once they hit Sierra.

>> I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV
>> coverage. But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at. And
>> Frankie and friend were even wondering what happened.

> What web site were you watching? I saw it on the amgentourofcalifornia
> site.

I was watching it on ToC website as well and the announcers were talking
about it for several minutes about how the last time they'd seen George he
was going up Sierra Grade and had no idea what happened to him.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV
>>> coverage. But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at.
>>> And Frankie and friend were even wondering what happened.

>> What web site were you watching? I saw it on the
>> amgentourofcalifornia site.

> I was watching it on ToC website as well and the announcers were talking
> about it for several minutes about how the last time they'd seen George
> he was going up Sierra Grade and had no idea what happened to him.

I usually mute the audio.

On Feb 21, 5:12 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Tom Kunich wrote:

> >> I saw that a couple of minutes ago when they showed the actual TV
> >> coverage. But on the web coverage that part wasn't even hinted at. And
> >> Frankie and friend were even wondering what happened.

> > What web site were you watching?  I saw it on the amgentourofcalifornia
> > site.

> I was watching it on ToC website as well and the announcers were talking
> about it for several minutes about how the last time they'd seen George he
> was going up Sierra Grade and had no idea what happened to him.

Tom,
I saw it on Versus...and I've got it on tape...do you want me to
review it to see if Phil and Paul noted that George seemed to be 'in a
spot of bother'? The way I recall it they were too busy raving about
Levi and Gesink and got sidetracked into the Horner/Zabriske sub
plot. Somehow George ended up with Most Aggresive Rider. THAT was a
gift, no?
ABS

Curious George couldn't shut down Domestique Rollin, but he's gonna
contend with the best in 5 weeks? He got some work to do.

On Feb 21, 6:40 pm, Hunter <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curious George couldn't shut down Domestique Rollin, but he's gonna
> contend with the best in 5 weeks?  He got some work to do.

Dumbass -

2 different styles of racing. 2 different types of riders.

The other guys who will be good in 5 weeks wouldn't have been good on
those climbs either.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

> I saw it on Versus...and I've got it on tape...do you want me to
> review it to see if Phil and Paul noted that George seemed to be 'in a
> spot of bother'? The way I recall it they were too busy raving about
> Levi and Gesink and got sidetracked into the Horner/Zabriske sub
> plot. Somehow George ended up with Most Aggresive Rider. THAT was a
> gift, no?

Actually that was the Phil and Paul cut I saw where Hincapie was passed so
fast that if you blinked you missed it.

> Well if you were watching carefully it was obvious what happend. Of
> course with the speed difference between George and the Levi group if
> you blinked at the wrong moment you missed George getting caught and
> dropped. The web commentators don't always pay close attention to what
> is going on.

Cyclingnews had it on their live...

13:56 PST
"There's a Rock Racing rider up here too, most likely Pena. They're
down to six as Hincapie is Goo-oooo-ooone."

On Feb 21, 6:40 pm, Hunter <[email protected]> wrote:
> Curious George couldn't shut down Domestique Rollin, but he's gonna
> contend with the best in 5 weeks? He got some work to do.

Dumbass -

2 different styles of racing. 2 different types of riders.

The other guys who will be good in 5 weeks wouldn't have been good on
those climbs either.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

You're confused about what stage hunter is referencing...

You are correct about stage 3, except that the other guys who will be good
in 5 weeks would have known that as well. They would not have attacked like
a toddler throwing a pointless fit in the check out line.

The stage he's referring to was 4 and those same others who will be good in
5 weeks would have covered Rollin's move and rolled him up like a carpet.

George is a good man, but he must suck at checkers and tic tack toe.