The City of Perth Great Bike Ride

mysrh

Apr 2, 2006
Hay hay again, this is your friendly neighbourhood again:rolleyes:
I only found out about this event last week, It's soo cool there's another charity event aside from Freeway Bike Hike.
So far I only ride about 30s km distance. Think I will have to train harder if I want to ride the 1 full along the river distance >^_^<

Oh almost forgot.. here's the link (NOTE: this is NOT a SPAM) :D
http://www.greatbikeride.com.au/

Hasn't that bike week ended? It was during March, no?
And what is DPI?

whats it like to ride the great bike ride? what is the pace like up front? i have begun training for it already and want to find out a bit more. 56km doesnt sound like much with breaks every 15km.

number31 said:
whats it like to ride the great bike ride? what is the pace like up front? i have begun training for it already and want to find out a bit more. 56km doesnt sound like much with breaks every 15km.
You are right, its not much IF you stop every 15km.They start you off in your groups depending on what you put on your entry form. The group I was in was the 25km-30km (or there abouts) speed group. It was your typical fast start but as you went on the journey you eventually passed some of those who started up front. There is one killer hill but the rest is quite flat. I enjoyed it as did most who I talked to. You can go your own pace and unlike the start at the Freeway ride there was plenty of room probably due to more group starts and less people.

I will be doing the 56km with my daughter this year so will probably jump up to the next speed group.:D

You will enjoy it.

OK how much is it? I don't want to check the website, no time...I don't want to pay $85 when I can ride for free whenever I want !!!

Hi Steve, no fees are shown yet, from what I looked. Maybe approaching the event (1 month before) that we will find out, so you don't have to open the site yet :D

I think it was 45$ last year.

I'm planning to do the 106 K ride this time around. The 5:45 start is a bit of an issue though.... :-((

RonanK, are you in any bike club at all? I wonder if I join WAFC Melville Freo club, what should I do after joining the club?

mysrh said:
RonanK, are you in any bike club at all?
No, I just ride with my LBS group(s). For the 106 you have to have a license,or you can get the day license (for an extra 16$ or something). Have a look at the website.

cheers