Road Cycling · Public discussion

the cl-ick is driving me crazy!`

Started by Pat · · Last activity · 2 posts · 314 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
2 April 2005
Last activity
3 April 2005
Original author
Pat
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
314
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Last summer, I knew that my Look pedals had a bad bearing. So, when I
    started hearing the cl-ick every time my right leg was fully extended, I
    assumed it was the darned pedal. I decided to try Speedplay Zeros. Imagine
    my surprise when I put the new pedals on and the cl-ick didn't go away!

    So, then, I tightened the seat post bolt. I tightened the saddle bolt. I
    tightened the pedals and the cleats on my shoes. Still the cl-ick with every
    revolution. It doesn't make the noise when I put the bike on a stand.

    Today, I rode a 100K with that annoying click. I tried some experiments on
    the way. If I didn't have my right foot in the pedal, I didn't get the
    cl-ick sound. If I coasted, I didn't get the cl-ick sound. If I stood up and
    pedaled, I didn't get the cl-ick sound.

    Could it be the bottom bracket? I guess I'll get the tools and take it apart
    and have a look. My hunch is that it is the saddle, somehow...like maybe one
    of the rails is moving. It's a Terry Liberator Y, for what that's worth. The
    rails seem tight.

    Has anyone had this problem and figured it out or do I just have to live
    with it?

    Pat in TX

  2. Pat said:

    Could it be the bottom bracket? I guess I'll get the tools and take it apart
    and have a look.

    If it goes away when you stand, putting even more force on the pedals,
    clearly it's nothing down there.

    Quoted message said:

    My hunch is that it is the saddle, somehow...like maybe one
    of the rails is moving. It's a Terry Liberator Y, for what that's worth. The
    rails seem tight.

    Last time I had a seat-area click, a drop of lube where the saddle's rails
    are fastened to its body fixed it, but I only found that after pulling the
    seatpost apart and greasing everything else first, since that's fixed it
    in the past. Try the lube first, since that only takes a few seconds :-)

    --
    bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.