the cl-ick is driving me crazy!`

Pat

Guest
Last summer, I knew that my Look pedals had a bad bearing. So, when I
started hearing the cl-ick every time my right leg was fully extended, I
assumed it was the darned pedal. I decided to try Speedplay Zeros. Imagine
my surprise when I put the new pedals on and the cl-ick didn't go away!

So, then, I tightened the seat post bolt. I tightened the saddle bolt. I
tightened the pedals and the cleats on my shoes. Still the cl-ick with every
revolution. It doesn't make the noise when I put the bike on a stand.

Today, I rode a 100K with that annoying click. I tried some experiments on
the way. If I didn't have my right foot in the pedal, I didn't get the
cl-ick sound. If I coasted, I didn't get the cl-ick sound. If I stood up and
pedaled, I didn't get the cl-ick sound.

Could it be the bottom bracket? I guess I'll get the tools and take it apart
and have a look. My hunch is that it is the saddle, somehow...like maybe one
of the rails is moving. It's a Terry Liberator Y, for what that's worth. The
rails seem tight.

Has anyone had this problem and figured it out or do I just have to live
with it?

Pat in TX

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 15:54:30 -0600, Pat wrote:

> Could it be the bottom bracket? I guess I'll get the tools and take it apart
> and have a look.

If it goes away when you stand, putting even more force on the pedals,
clearly it's nothing down there.

> My hunch is that it is the saddle, somehow...like maybe one
> of the rails is moving. It's a Terry Liberator Y, for what that's worth. The
> rails seem tight.

Last time I had a seat-area click, a drop of lube where the saddle's rails
are fastened to its body fixed it, but I only found that after pulling the
seatpost apart and greasing everything else first, since that's fixed it
in the past. Try the lube first, since that only takes a few seconds :)

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo