The Classics

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Vino, Jan 27, 2007.

1. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

From what I have read in Cycling Sport. The other teams are furious that Discovery signed Basso. No one will help a Discovery rider.

2. Flyer's.Finale!

Flyer's.Finale! New Member

Apparently, not even Discovery will help out with budget money after 2007 anymore either.

Employing Ivan Basso amingst Operation Puerto and the former USPO rider, Floyd Landis' drug bust, was an arrogant and foolish act.

Perhaps Amgen (EPO, araNesp) will replace Discovery. Amgen is not afraid of blood doping. It is a very solid business.

3. luv2ride

luv2ride New Member

lets think outside of the box with the classics. there are always the favorites for the classics, and sometimes it is difficult to see how someone like boonen can be beaten in Flanders. I have really enjoyed Amstel Gold, and this year, I think that Rabobank should let Thomas Dekker have free reign. Dekker is a great time trialist and he can also climb.

I would like to see Hincapie win Roubaix, but I dont think that he will. I think that Boonen wants Flanders more than Roubaix because it is in Belgium. So, out of the box thinking....I say Roger Hammond for Roubaix. He finished on the podium with Mr. Bookmaker and now he is with T-Mobile, out of the shadow of Hincapie. Wesseman was let go by T-Mobile, I think, and Roger is thier best bet. If T-Mobile can turn themselves around, I think Hammond has a great chance to finish on the podium, and maybe win. L-B-L? Bettini wants to win that in Rainbow, but Cunego is targeting it as well. So, that leaves room for someone to slip in and catch them looking at each other. Someone from CSC.

4. Vino

Vino New Member

Ypu mean Schleck?

5. Walrus

Walrus New Member

You think Hammond for Roubaix is out of the box thinking? :confused: