Roger Merriman said:on this lovely sunny day... or rather after failing to go on all the
sunny sunday i chose today... to go for my first club run, i really
enjoyed it, hard work holding on to the pack up hills, prob a
combination of not used to the pace, and the mountain bike being a bit
heavier.
I've still not had the bottle to do any of the local club runs. I did,
however, today go on my longest ride in a good ten years.
<http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Chipping-and-Beacon-Fell-from-Ribb
leton>
31 miles all in and a good couple of hours. I was glad on the way to
Chipping to have dressed in my new windproof top as the ten-ish miles to
Chipping were achieved in defiance of a strong headwind, which not only
put the kibosh on plans to attempt Jeffrey Hill, perhaps fortunately,
but also was biting to the extent that my ears hurt.
I've now twigged that although my bottom gear is about right, I could do
with a higher top gear.
Cheers,
Luke
--
Lincoln City 0-2 Southend United (AET)
Swansea City 2-2 Southend United
We went up twice with Tilly and Brush