the coolest race in the world

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kurgan Gringion, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.
     
    Tags:


  2. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.

    Something we can agree on. I only wish that everyone who had a good chance to win it would
    participate. In hindsight, Lemond now deserves a lot of credit for trying hard to win P-R and for
    his willingness to help Duclos there.

    I'll be racing in the Boulder Roubaix race this Sunday. A very small race, but a nice tribute to the
    big one. The North Boulder county washboard is nasty this year.

    Bret
     
  3. On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:48:32 GMT, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    >isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.

    I AGREE!! Passionately. Damn weather; sunny, 20degC.
     
  4. "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > > isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.
    >
    > Something we can agree on. I only wish that everyone who had a good chance to win it would
    > participate. In hindsight, Lemond now deserves a lot of credit for trying hard to win P-R and for
    > his willingness to help Duclos there.
    >
    > I'll be racing in the Boulder Roubaix race this Sunday. A very small race, but a nice tribute to
    > the big one. The North Boulder county washboard is nasty this year.

    That race sounds very cool.

    I would like to try out Masters Fattie Roubaix someday.
     
  5. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>
    >>Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    >>
    >>>isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.
    >>
    >>Something we can agree on. I only wish that everyone who had a good chance to win it would
    >>participate. In hindsight, Lemond now deserves a lot of credit for trying hard to win P-R and for
    >>his willingness to help Duclos there.
    >>
    >>I'll be racing in the Boulder Roubaix race this Sunday. A very small race, but a nice tribute to
    >>the big one. The North Boulder county washboard is nasty this year.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That race sounds very cool.
    >
    >
    > I would like to try out Masters Fattie Roubaix someday.

    It was a good one. A USPS master was in town. It looked like Winkel, but I can't say for sure. He
    took a solo flyer on the first lap and then got caught and dropped hard by the local fatties. Saturn
    (Frischkorn and Johnon) dominated the elite race along with Andy Bajadali. 40 year old Jim Copeland
    finished top 5 in the elites. My team put all four of our guys in the top 5 in the tragically fattie
    catagory, but got beat on the line by a guy who trains with us but refuses to join the team. He
    thinks we won't let him win or something.

    Bret
     
  6. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote:

    > It was a good one. A USPS master was in town. It looked like Winkel, but I can't say for sure.

    Glen has moved to CO. I don't think he won any 35+ races last year in NorCal but he won alot of
    45+ events.

    -WG
     
  7. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    warren wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>It was a good one. A USPS master was in town. It looked like Winkel, but I can't say for sure.
    >
    >
    > Glen has moved to CO. I don't think he won any 35+ races last year in NorCal but he won alot of
    > 45+ events.
    >
    > -WG

    That's very cool. I'm sure Glen will get over his rough welcome to the new neighborhood hood and
    make things interesting for us here. I've got some pictures from the race including Glen here:

    http://www.fischer-wade.com/bldr_roubaix/bldr_roubaix.htm

    Bret
     
  8. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    >>isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > I AGREE!! Passionately. Damn weather; sunny, 20degC.

    The classics specialists must have been suffering from heat stroke.
     
  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > >isn't the Tour de France. It is Paris-Roubaix.

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I AGREE!! Passionately. Damn weather; sunny, 20degC.

    The classics specialists must have been suffering from heat stroke.
     
  10. "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    > warren wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >
    > >>It was a good one. A USPS master was in town. It looked like Winkel, but I can't say for sure.
    > >
    > >
    > > Glen has moved to CO. I don't think he won any 35+ races last year in NorCal but he won alot of
    > > 45+ events.
    > >
    > > -WG
    >
    > That's very cool. I'm sure Glen will get over his rough welcome to the new neighborhood hood and
    > make things interesting for us here. I've got some pictures from the race including Glen here:
    >
    > http://www.fischer-wade.com/bldr_roubaix/bldr_roubaix.htm

    What is the proportion of asphalt to dirt in Fattie Roubaix?

    That looks like fun.
     
  11. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    > What is the proportion of asphalt to dirt in Fattie Roubaix?
    >
    > That looks like fun.

    The race consists of 50km of paves and 211km asphalt. This means about 1/5 of the total track
    are paves.
     
  12. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>
    >>warren wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <[email protected]>, Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>It was a good one. A USPS master was in town. It looked like Winkel, but I can't say for sure.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Glen has moved to CO. I don't think he won any 35+ races last year in NorCal but he won alot of
    >>>45+ events.
    >>>
    >>>-WG
    >>
    >>That's very cool. I'm sure Glen will get over his rough welcome to the new neighborhood hood and
    >>make things interesting for us here. I've got some pictures from the race including Glen here:
    >>
    >>http://www.fischer-wade.com/bldr_roubaix/bldr_roubaix.htm
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What is the proportion of asphalt to dirt in Fattie Roubaix?
    >
    > That looks like fun.
    >
    >

    It's a 17 mile loop and about one third is on pavement. Part of the dirt section is a loose service
    road alongside an irrigation canal, known as "the death canal" to locals. You can find a map at
    http://www.cosports.net.

    Bret
     
  13. Bret Wade <[email protected]> wrote:

    > http://www.fischer-wade.com/bldr_roubaix/bldr_roubaix.htm

    There is something slightly surreal about the light in those pictures. What is it? It's like there's
    too much light (too much UV?)?

    Didier, not a photographer...

    --
    Didier A Depireux [email protected] [email protected] 685 W.Baltimore Str
    http://neurobiology.umaryland.edu/depireux.htm Anatomy and Neurobiology Phone: 410-706-1272 (off)
    University of Maryland -1273 (lab) Baltimore MD 21201 USA Fax: 1-410-706-2512
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...