The cost of bribing offspring to cycle...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Wafflycathcsdir, May 1, 2003.

  1. .. sigh ... it can backfire ;-)

    Tonight Nathan was muttering on about his cycling and all I heard was, ".... carbon forks.... then a
    skin suit .... hmmm ... carbon wheels ..... flash helmet like Millar ..."

    B*gg*r.

    The plus side is, of course, he wants a skin suit as opposed to b*bs ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    Tags:

  2. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

    wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

    > Tonight Nathan was muttering on about his cycling and all I heard was, ".... carbon forks.... then
    > a skin suit .... hmmm ... carbon wheels ..... flash helmet like Millar ..."

    Tell him to stop whinging and get on with it! Once you are riding a racing bike as opposed to a
    roughly diamond shaped drainpipe thing replacing components with carbon fibre equivalents makes FA
    difference to the speed, surely?

    --

    -Alex

    ----------------------------------
    [email protected]

    http://alexpg.ath.cx:3353/cycling.php http://www.westerleycycling.org.uk
    ----------------------------------

  3. >Tell him to stop whinging and get on with it!

    I think it's less whinging and more of a teenage attempt at "subtle" hints. Subtle as a brick ;-) I
    remember what I was like when, as a teenager, I decided there were certain "must haves" :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. Alex Graham

    Alex Graham Guest

  5. M Series

    M Series Guest

    Carbon forks my arse, its the man not the machine.

    > .. sigh ... it can backfire ;-)
    >
    > Tonight Nathan was muttering on about his cycling and all I heard was,
    "....
    > carbon forks.... then a skin suit .... hmmm ... carbon wheels ..... flash helmet like Millar ..."
    >
    > B*gg*r.
    >
    > The plus side is, of course, he wants a skin suit as opposed to b*bs ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  6. Robin Long

    Robin Long Guest

    As Lance Armstrong wrote, it's not about the bike. Which is why he rides carbon fibre everything.

    Robin (who started out as a mountain biker, got hooked on road and is now training for a
    marathon) Long.

    > .. sigh ... it can backfire ;-)
    >
    > Tonight Nathan was muttering on about his cycling and all I heard was,
    "....
    > carbon forks.... then a skin suit .... hmmm ... carbon wheels ..... flash helmet like Millar ..."
    >
    > B*gg*r.
    >
    > The plus side is, of course, he wants a skin suit as opposed to b*bs ;-)
    >
    > Cheers, helen s
    >

    > ~~~~~~~~~~
    > Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending
    > reply!
    >
    > Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the
    keyboaRRRDdd
    > ~~~~~~~~~~

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Thu, 1 May 2003 22:21:21 +0100, "M Series" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Carbon forks my arse

    Well stop sitting on it then...

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  8. >As Lance Armstrong wrote, it's not about the bike. Which is why he rides carbon fibre everything.

    LOL!

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  9. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter
    <[email protected]> typed:
    > .. sigh ... it can backfire ;-)
    >
    > Tonight Nathan was muttering on about his cycling and all I heard was, ".... carbon forks.... then
    > a skin suit .... hmmm ... carbon wheels ..... flash helmet like Millar ..."
    >
    > B*gg*r.
    >
    > The plus side is, of course, he wants a skin suit as opposed to b*bs ;-)

    The plus side is its not "That's so unfair. Why do I have to. I hate you......."

    Tony ;-)

    --
    http://www.raven-family.com

  10. On Thu, 1 May 2003 22:44:17 +0100, Robin Long <[email protected]> was popularly supposed to
    have said:

    >As Lance Armstrong wrote, it's not about the bike. Which is why he rides carbon fibre everything.

    You know, someday some advertiser is goingto realise that a faired recumbent is little more than a
    couple of square metres of space onto which can be plastered adverts.

    As soon as that happens, I think the Tour de France is going to have an awful lot of 'bents in it...

    --
    Dan Holdsworth PhD [email protected] By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the
    beans of Java do thoughts acquire speed, hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, By

  11. Robin Long <[email protected]> wrote:
    >As Lance Armstrong wrote, it's not about the bike. Which is why he rides carbon fibre everything.

    Lance would ride a cast-iron bike if they gave him one...

  12. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<VMi*[email protected]>...

    > Lance would ride a cast-iron bike if they gave him one...

    He'd win on the bloody thing, too.

    --
    Dave...

  13. "Tony Raven" <[email protected]> wrote
    > The plus side is its not "That's so unfair. Why do I have to. I hate you......."

    They're going to lose their bet with this kind of talk!

    -Myra