The Cuban Missile just won stage 1.

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
I heard Astana were on a revenge mission trying to win everything to get back at ASO. Too bad for Levi that he couldn't take this stage.

thecyclist said:
I heard Astana were on a revenge mission trying to win everything to get back at ASO. Too bad for Levi that he couldn't take this stage.
:confused: What race are you talking about here?

Tour de Georgia....

Peloton almost let the break get away with it. Tomorrows stage should be fun with those two climbs right at the end for the oppurtunists to use.

There were about 27 Aussies in top 20. Are there any seppos riding in Georgia this year?

classic1 said:
There were about 27 Aussies in top 20. Are there any seppos riding in Georgia this year?
I haven't seen any startlist, but didn't thecyclist mention Leipheimer? :rolleyes:

TheDarkLord said:
I haven't seen any startlist, but didn't thecyclist mention Leipheimer? :rolleyes:
Who? Never heard of him. Sounds like a character out of 'Get Smart'.

classic1 said:
Who? Never heard of him. Sounds like a character out of 'Get Smart'.
You're thinking of Levi Leipheimy. Seen here (in middle) at the 1967 GIRO dinner for past champions... :p

[Note: the heart rate monitors were quite bulky in those days]

BWhymie.jpg

Crankyfeet said:
You're thinking of Levi Leipheimy. Seen here (in middle) at the 1967 GIRO dinner for past champions... :p

[Note: the heart rate monitors were quite bulky in those days]

BWhymie.jpg
ROFLMAOWTIME....:D

thecyclist said:
Hmm, then too bad they didn't send a better team to Amstel Gold, as they didn't win that either ... and I'm fairly sure ASO won't care one way or the other how many stages they win in Georgia...