THE CUTTERS AND OLN"S COVERAGE

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by zboy, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. zboy

    zboy Guest

    I know OLN's Senior VP of Programming (obviously, someone who has
    never ridden a bike or traveled to Europe) would love to know how
    everyone feels about the great coverage of the Cutters. Please email
    him at [email protected] With guys like him running the network,
    its amazing they are still in business.

    Zboy

    The Cutters, a group of five friends from Philadelphia, are fanatic
    fans(IDIOTS WITH NO JOBS) of the Tour de France. They have traveled
    to the Tour for the past several years(MOOCHING OFF OF EVERYONE) and
    will tell the story of the Tour as only they experience it – from
    behind-the-scenes interviews with the athletes to tips on how to
    survive life on the back roads of the French countryside in a crowded
    RV. The group has become well known along the Tour route because they
    can often be spotted dressed as Uncle Sam and carrying what has become
    their unofficial mascot, an inflatable killer whale.

    "OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    FANS EVERYWHERE)

    "The first year we went to the Tour, we set out to be the biggest,
    baddest fans on the course (BIGGEST MUCH OF IDIOTS) and I think we've
    accomplished that," said Cutters' spokesperson and founder Tom Shaw.
    "The riders know us now and really respond to us on the course. (YEAH
    WITH THE MIDDLE FINGER) The Roadside Tour gives us the opportunity to
    share our experience and show people why this event is the greatest
    sporting event on the planet."

    Hans Rey's segments will focus on the cultural aspects of the Tour,
    taking an irreverent look at some of the traditions and characters
    surrounding this legendary endurance event.

    coverage of the Tour, OLN will enhance this year's Tour programming to
    include a morning pre-race show beginning at 8:30 AM followed by the
    LIVE coverage. In addition to airing replays of the coverage and The
    Roadside Tour, OLN will also air an expanded prime time show.

    Tags:

  2. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    If you don't like the Cutter's why don't you non-cutters coverage??

    "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I know OLN's Senior VP of Programming (obviously, someone who has
    > never ridden a bike or traveled to Europe) would love to know how
    > everyone feels about the great coverage of the Cutters. Please email
    > him at [email protected] With guys like him running the network,
    > its amazing they are still in business.
    >

    > Zboy
    >
    > The Cutters, a group of five friends from Philadelphia, are fanatic
    > fans(IDIOTS WITH NO JOBS) of the Tour de France. They have traveled
    > to the Tour for the past several years(MOOCHING OFF OF EVERYONE) and
    > will tell the story of the Tour as only they experience it - from
    > behind-the-scenes interviews with the athletes to tips on how to
    > survive life on the back roads of the French countryside in a crowded
    > RV. The group has become well known along the Tour route because they
    > can often be spotted dressed as Uncle Sam and carrying what has become
    > their unofficial mascot, an inflatable killer whale.
    >
    > "OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    > give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    > event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    > Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    > carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    > stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    > FANS EVERYWHERE)
    >
    > "The first year we went to the Tour, we set out to be the biggest,
    > baddest fans on the course (BIGGEST MUCH OF IDIOTS) and I think we've
    > accomplished that," said Cutters' spokesperson and founder Tom Shaw.
    > "The riders know us now and really respond to us on the course. (YEAH
    > WITH THE MIDDLE FINGER) The Roadside Tour gives us the opportunity to
    > share our experience and show people why this event is the greatest
    > sporting event on the planet."
    >
    > Hans Rey's segments will focus on the cultural aspects of the Tour,
    > taking an irreverent look at some of the traditions and characters
    > surrounding this legendary endurance event.

    > coverage of the Tour, OLN will enhance this year's Tour programming to
    > include a morning pre-race show beginning at 8:30 AM followed by the
    > LIVE coverage. In addition to airing replays of the coverage and The
    > Roadside Tour, OLN will also air an expanded prime time show.

  3. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > If you don't like the Cutter's why don't you non-cutters coverage??

    huh...

    If you don't like the Cutters why don't you watch the non-Cutters
    coverage?

  4. Alan Walker

    Alan Walker Guest

    You could also try this address:

    [email protected]

    If everybody sends an email, they might get these clowns off the air and
    tell us about the riders. Yeah, remember them, those guys on the
    funny-lookin', two-wheeled contraptions? That's what it's all about!

    Alan.

    "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I know OLN's Senior VP of Programming (obviously, someone who has
    > never ridden a bike or traveled to Europe) would love to know how
    > everyone feels about the great coverage of the Cutters. Please email
    > him at [email protected] With guys like him running the network,
    > its amazing they are still in business.
    >

    > Zboy
    >
    > The Cutters, a group of five friends from Philadelphia, are fanatic
    > fans(IDIOTS WITH NO JOBS) of the Tour de France. They have traveled
    > to the Tour for the past several years(MOOCHING OFF OF EVERYONE) and
    > will tell the story of the Tour as only they experience it - from
    > behind-the-scenes interviews with the athletes to tips on how to
    > survive life on the back roads of the French countryside in a crowded
    > RV. The group has become well known along the Tour route because they
    > can often be spotted dressed as Uncle Sam and carrying what has become
    > their unofficial mascot, an inflatable killer whale.
    >
    > "OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    > give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    > event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    > Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    > carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    > stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    > FANS EVERYWHERE)
    >
    > "The first year we went to the Tour, we set out to be the biggest,
    > baddest fans on the course (BIGGEST MUCH OF IDIOTS) and I think we've
    > accomplished that," said Cutters' spokesperson and founder Tom Shaw.
    > "The riders know us now and really respond to us on the course. (YEAH
    > WITH THE MIDDLE FINGER) The Roadside Tour gives us the opportunity to
    > share our experience and show people why this event is the greatest
    > sporting event on the planet."
    >
    > Hans Rey's segments will focus on the cultural aspects of the Tour,
    > taking an irreverent look at some of the traditions and characters
    > surrounding this legendary endurance event.

    > coverage of the Tour, OLN will enhance this year's Tour programming to
    > include a morning pre-race show beginning at 8:30 AM followed by the
    > LIVE coverage. In addition to airing replays of the coverage and The
    > Roadside Tour, OLN will also air an expanded prime time show.

  5. I like the Cutters. I think they will draw in non cycling sports fans and
    it is refreshing that cycling has super fans like other major network
    sports.

    "zboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I know OLN's Senior VP of Programming (obviously, someone who has
    > never ridden a bike or traveled to Europe) would love to know how
    > everyone feels about the great coverage of the Cutters. Please email
    > him at [email protected] With guys like him running the network,
    > its amazing they are still in business.
    >

    > Zboy
    >
    > The Cutters, a group of five friends from Philadelphia, are fanatic
    > fans(IDIOTS WITH NO JOBS) of the Tour de France. They have traveled
    > to the Tour for the past several years(MOOCHING OFF OF EVERYONE) and
    > will tell the story of the Tour as only they experience it - from
    > behind-the-scenes interviews with the athletes to tips on how to
    > survive life on the back roads of the French countryside in a crowded
    > RV. The group has become well known along the Tour route because they
    > can often be spotted dressed as Uncle Sam and carrying what has become
    > their unofficial mascot, an inflatable killer whale.
    >
    > "OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    > give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    > event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    > Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    > carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    > stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    > FANS EVERYWHERE)
    >
    > "The first year we went to the Tour, we set out to be the biggest,
    > baddest fans on the course (BIGGEST MUCH OF IDIOTS) and I think we've
    > accomplished that," said Cutters' spokesperson and founder Tom Shaw.
    > "The riders know us now and really respond to us on the course. (YEAH
    > WITH THE MIDDLE FINGER) The Roadside Tour gives us the opportunity to
    > share our experience and show people why this event is the greatest
    > sporting event on the planet."
    >
    > Hans Rey's segments will focus on the cultural aspects of the Tour,
    > taking an irreverent look at some of the traditions and characters
    > surrounding this legendary endurance event.

    > coverage of the Tour, OLN will enhance this year's Tour programming to
    > include a morning pre-race show beginning at 8:30 AM followed by the
    > LIVE coverage. In addition to airing replays of the coverage and The
    > Roadside Tour, OLN will also air an expanded prime time show.

  6. J999w

    J999w Guest

    There's plenty of variety in OLN's coverage, if you want straight up race
    coverage, then get out of bed earlier.

    I'm loving all of it!

    jw
    Milwaukee

  7. zboy

    zboy Guest

    THey are about as refreshing as a Saddle sore that just poped

  8. lancefan

    lancefan Guest

    Zboy wrote:
    > THey are about as refreshing as a Saddle sore that just poped

    I THINK THEY'RE A GOOD ADDITION TO THE WORLD OF CYCLING...ITS LIKE HAPPY
    GILMORE MEETS GOLF, BUT ITS THE CUTTERS MEET CYCLING! GREAT STUFF... FUN
    TO SEE WHAT THESE CRAZY GUYS WILL DO NEXT... CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE

    --

  9. Shussbar

    Shussbar Guest

    >"OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    >give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    >event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    >Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    >carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    >stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    >FANS EVERYWHERE)

    I can see the cutters being with the same morrons and idiots that runs next to
    the racer in moutains climbs, i can very well see them doing that.

    I think it s a good idea to want to show another perspective of the Tour, but
    it should be done in a more subtile manner that what it s done by the Cutters.

  10. zboy

    zboy Guest

    Lets put the Cutters on for next year's Masters or better yet
    Wimbledon. I am sure GOlfers and Tennis players would really embrace
    their unique style of humor

  11. gk

    gk Guest

    Shussbar wrote:

    >>"OLN is covering the Tour from every angle, and this show will really
    >>give the viewer a unique perspective of what it is like to be at the
    >>event." said Marc Fein, Senior Vice President of Programming and
    >>Production. "These guys will help our audience experience the
    >>carnival-like atmosphere that follows these riders from stage to
    >>stage."(THESE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRISHMENT TO AMERICANS AND TRUE CYCLING
    >>FANS EVERYWHERE)

    > I can see the cutters being with the same morrons and idiots that runs next to
    > the racer in moutains climbs, i can very well see them doing that.
    >
    > I think it s a good idea to want to show another perspective of the Tour, but
    > it should be done in a more subtile manner that what it s done by the Cutters.

    Truely it makes me cringe to be an American. These guys are an
    embarrassment. I mean its fine if its the Tour de Georgia, but for god's
    sake not in Europe. I mean, they already have to suffer through Bush...

  12. Shussbar

    Shussbar Guest

    >Truely it makes me cringe to be an American. These guys are an
    >embarrassment. I mean its fine if its the Tour de Georgia, but for god's
    >sake not in Europe. I mean, they already have to suffer through Bush..

    Don t be embarrassed. And actually, it s not the fact that they are Americans
    that i found annoying, it s what they do. Does not fit for the Tour de France.