The Cycling Newsgroups - Whither Goest Thou?

Edward Dolan

Guest
Has anyone but me ever really looked at all the different cycling
newsgroups? Quite a few are strictly for nerds. The racing group for
instance is strictly for the teenage types whose brains are in their gonads.
The technical group is really far out. Here is where the genuine jerks hang
out discussing things that no one in their right mind gives a damn about.

The touring group is dead as those who tour are too busy touring to ever
post to it. The mountain bike group is not so bad as there is lots of
controversy there thanks to Vandeman. The same goes for the social group.
The miscellaneous group, the largest group, is a hodge-podge of unrelated
crapola. The recumbent group, my group, used to be the best of the lot, but
it too has fallen on hard times. I try to keep it going, but it is a losing
battle. All it takes is one criminal vandal troll bring down a small group.

I think the social group ought to be the heart and soul of all the cycling
groups. Everything else is a side dish. Ideally, the social group ought to
be the largest and the most interesting. I am going to start paying more
attention to it as I like to discuss large issues. I leave the mindless
trivia to my inferiors on the other newsgroups who seemingly have never
encountered a large idea in their entire lives. Their motto seems to be ...
think small, do small and be small. That is not for someone so Great as
MYSELF.

It would be interesting to me to hear how others justify their time and
effort spent on these cycling newsgroups. What do they get out of it, other
than lots of aggravation. I used to get nothing but aggravation myself until
I learned that newsgroups are for fools and the only reason for being on any
of them is for the fun and games. And so that is what I do. I have some fun
and I play some games. You should do the same or else you will go crazy from
the frustration of it all.

Anyone who takes newsgroups seriously is a fool. Any group of people at all
needs to have a leader, otherwise known on these forums as a moderator or an
editor. Without that, you have nothing but chaos. It is ever the way of all
human behavior.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Well Said Ed ! And this is why humans are basically blind to the
Planetary Chaos that humans are putting us in. Best of Holidays to You
!

Captain wrote:

> Well Said Ed !

What did he say?

(Hint: I don't really want to know. It's a smart-ass way of commenting on
your quoting skills.)

Frugal Joe aka **** rotgut aka the biggest punk ***** on usenet
anonymously wrote:
> He said that he hopes your family is well..bbwwaahhhaa
> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

John Lee Hooker wrote a song about you, it's called "Hittin' the Bottle
Again". A sad stary about a pathetic alchoholic who is one step away
from the gutter. Take the step already, scumbag.

JD

> Frugal Joe aka **** rotgut aka the biggest punk ***** on usenet
> anonymously wrote:
>> He said that he hopes your family is well..bbwwaahhhaa
>> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
>> http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

> John Lee Hooker wrote a song about you, it's called "Hittin' the Bottle
> Again". A sad stary about a pathetic alchoholic who is one step away
> from the gutter. Take the step already, scumbag.
>
> JD

Where's my Daddy!?

BBWWAAHHAA

On 27 May 2006 12:47:17 -0700, "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Frugal Joe aka **** rotgut aka the biggest punk ***** on usenet
>anonymously wrote:
>> He said that he hopes your family is well..bbwwaahhhaa
>> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

>John Lee Hooker wrote a song about you, it's called "Hittin' the Bottle
>Again". A sad stary about a pathetic alchoholic who is one step away
>from the gutter. Take the step already, scumbag.
>
>JD

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On 28 May 2006 00:49:34 +0200, "Frugal Joe"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Frugal Joe aka **** rotgut aka the biggest punk ***** on usenet
>> anonymously wrote:
>>> He said that he hopes your family is well..bbwwaahhhaa
>>> Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita
>>> http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

>> John Lee Hooker wrote a song about you, it's called "Hittin' the Bottle
>> Again". A sad stary about a pathetic alchoholic who is one step away
>> from the gutter. Take the step already, scumbag.
>>
>> JD
>>

>Where's my Daddy!?

Or, more to the point, WHO is he?

>BBWWAAHHAA
>

>Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>>Where's my Daddy!?

> Or, more to the point, WHO is he?

Mikey, BAM! wow.... :)

Vandeman making stuff up again! Where, as you reference in the title YOU
change in this thread, do see ANYTHING suggesting the conversation you
reference is concerning, about, between or relevant to "mountain biking"?

S Curtiss wrote:
> Vandeman making stuff up again! Where, as you reference in the title YOU
> change in this thread, do see ANYTHING suggesting the conversation you
> reference is concerning, about, between or relevant to "mountain biking"?
>
> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On 27 May 2006 12:47:17 -0700, "JD" <[email protected]> wrote:

What's even funnier is that "**** rotgut" is nothing more than some
anonymous ***** troll who probably doesn't even know how to ride a
bike. **** = MV?

JD