the dangers of fixies

"Zilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> G.T. wrote:
>> > http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger
>> >
>> > Check out the 3rd danger in the list.

>> Jeff Spicoli as Mr. Vargas pulls the heart out of the cadaver:
>>
>> "Oooooohhhhh, GNAAARRRLLLY!"
>>
>> JD
>>

> One of my all-time favorite movies! :)
>
> --
> - Zilla
> Cary, NC USA
> (Remove XSPAM)

"People on Ludes should note drive"

or post on AMB...

Carla A-G wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger
> >
> > Check out the 3rd danger in the list.
> >
> > Greg

> That almost happened to Jim. Luckily, he stopped it in time. Considering he
> already lost the top of his finger from another accident, he would have
> barely been left with an index finger at all...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I've done this twice while cleaning my chain with a rag. Left a nice
blood trail from the roof down to my apt. No lost fingers -- mine
looked more like the first example. Freekin' hurt though.
The good news is that, by my "I don't learn anything unless I've f*ed
up the same way twice" rule (see "learning to ride with clipless
pedals"), I should be careful enough from now on not to let the second
example happen.
/s

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Carla A-G wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > http://sheldonbrown.com/fixed.html#danger
> > >
> > > Check out the 3rd danger in the list.
> > >
> > > Greg

> > That almost happened to Jim. Luckily, he stopped it in time. Considering

he
> > already lost the top of his finger from another accident, he would have
> > barely been left with an index finger at all...
> >
> > - CA-G
> >
> > Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> I've done this twice while cleaning my chain with a rag. Left a nice
> blood trail from the roof down to my apt. No lost fingers -- mine
> looked more like the first example. Freekin' hurt though.
> The good news is that, by my "I don't learn anything unless I've f*ed
> up the same way twice" rule (see "learning to ride with clipless
> pedals"), I should be careful enough from now on not to let the second
> example happen.
> /s

They should have added a # 4 to that list...

Never attempt to cruise while riding a fixie.

I almost donated all my front teeth to my stem the last time I tried to do
that...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!