The Dark Side

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Since Guy won't be around for a month I thought I would blow his trumpet for him (oo-er missus) by
    pointing out that he had a pro-dark side letter published in the current issue of Velo Vision.

    Also in the current issue there is a buyer's guide to 'bent trikes for those edging towards the
    dark side.

    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Peter Clinch

    Peter Clinch Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:
    > Since Guy won't be around for a month I thought I would blow his trumpet for him (oo-er missus) by
    > pointing out that he had a pro-dark side letter published in the current issue of Velo Vision.
    >
    > Also in the current issue there is a buyer's guide to 'bent trikes for those edging towards the
    > dark side.

    Mine landed on the mat this morning, and I noticed Guy had a letter in though it was just a quick
    scan before heading off to work.

    Just in case people are under the wrong impression, V-V isn't a 'bent magazine in particular. It
    tends to concentrate on non-mainstream products (uprights too), certainly, but also deals with
    cycling culture in general, so don't think if you don't have darkside aspirations you needn't apply.

    http://www.velovision.co.uk/ if you want to check it out further. Good mag.

    Pete.
    http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

    > Colin Blackburn wrote:
    > > Since Guy won't be around for a month I thought I would blow his trumpet for him (oo-er missus)
    > > by pointing out that he had a pro-dark side letter published in the current issue of Velo
    > > Vision.
    > >
    > > Also in the current issue there is a buyer's guide to 'bent trikes for those edging towards the
    > > dark side.
    >
    > Mine landed on the mat this morning, and I noticed Guy had a letter in though it was just a quick
    > scan before heading off to work.
    >
    > Just in case people are under the wrong impression, V-V isn't a 'bent magazine in particular.
    > It tends to concentrate on non-mainstream products (uprights too), certainly, but also deals
    > with cycling culture in general, so don't think if you don't have darkside aspirations you
    > needn't apply.

    Yes, sorry I probably gave the wrong impression inadvertently. The buyer's guide is a regular
    feature which just happens, this issue, to look at 'bent trikes.

    > http://www.velovision.co.uk/ if you want to check it out further. Good mag.

    Yes, and a nice bloke who puts it together too. It is a magazine assembled by a genuine enthusiast.
    A man who moves house by bike.

    Colin

  4. John B

    John B Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > Since Guy won't be around for a month I thought I would blow his trumpet for him (oo-er missus) by
    > pointing out that he had a pro-dark side letter published in the current issue of Velo Vision.
    >
    > Also in the current issue there is a buyer's guide to 'bent trikes for those edging towards the
    > dark side.

    There was also a full page promoting bents in the The Times supplement at the end of last week.

    John B