The definitive list of gifts for Cyclists this Christmas....?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by sux2themax, Oct 20, 2011.

1. sux2themax

sux2themax New Member

Only 64 more days to Christmas - have you started looking for gifts (for yourself) or fellow cycling friends and family? Looking for inspiration and ideas....lets get the list going!

Tags:

2. wombattamer

wombattamer New Member

I've found some great tees on www.cycologygear.com. Definitely on my wish list plus maybe the Trek 2012 Remedy ..... a sweeeete ride.

3. Safeman

Safeman New Member

You can get a great deal on a Safeman cable lock on this Facebook page

4. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Perfect gifts?

Zipp 404 Firecrest clinchers
    Garmin 800
    Campy SR group (Record11 or Chorus11 would also work)
    As yet undefined power meter
    Marisa Tomei

5. Myosmith

Myosmith Member

Any recommendaitons for thin but very warm full-finger cycling gloves? I've got some neoprene and calfskin gloves with a padded palm that are made for working with power tools that work very well down to about 45 F but at 30 something degrees my fingers are getting numb even on fairly short rides.

For my wife: Do you know of any lightly padded women's cycling shorts that don't have the elastic band on the thigh? She doesn't mind spandex but something more relaxed, like a MTB short would be more to her liking. I bought her a pair this summer but she finds the sticky elastic band at the bottom of the legs uncomfortable.

6. Reid2

Reid2 Member

All ah I want of Christhmas r my two side teeth.

7. Moto700

Moto700 Member

My birthday is in December. Yeah, that sucked growing up as a kid. This year I'm buying myself a Garmin Edge 800 bundle for birthday/Christmas.

8. alienator

I feel your pain. Mine was/is just a few days before Christmas, and the usual refrain from my parents when I was a kid was, "Do you want a bit more expensive Christmas presents and no birthday present(s), or do you want cheaper presents on both days?" I should have answered, "I want you guys to go back in time and better plan your seed planting so that I don't get screwed in the very short interval between Christmas and my birthday."

9. doctorold

doctorold Member

I have a December birthday. I used to get "Combo" gifts. One gift to cover both Birthday and Christmas.

Gifts for cyclists? Wow! That's a tall order. I am a golfer and I used to get all sorts of golf-related gifts from balls to cheap gadgets. That sort of wore out it's usefulness. Now that I am into cycling I am hoping the family doesn't get on the gadget train for bikes. My hope is if that's the direction they want to take in a gift for me they will at least ask. My oldest son is a cyclist so he can be their guide. He gave me a really nice merino jersey two years ago (yes, I am spoiled). I think if you live in cold weather climate, gloves, caps, foot protection, etc. are always going to be useful Christmas gifts. Cycling gear is generally a bit pricey so unless your family/friends have deep pockets ($$) keeping the list to smaller things is best.

10. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Getting screwed when you were a kid sucks and I feel for you. Getting screwed as an adult is important so I am sending you a hooker dressed as Marisa Tomei swinging a chain whip so you can get properly screwed.

Funds are low so this will have to cover both Christmas and your birthday.

Moto700 likes this.
  11. Moto700

Moto700 Member

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/ROTF.gif

12. alienator

NIce! I could really go for a real combat scrog with Mme. Tomei or her doppelganger.

13. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

14. shawea

shawea New Member

Hahaha I can remember when I was just super stoked to get my first Huffy!