The demise of professional cycling

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
checker, but somebodies got to do it.

On Thu, 03 May 2007 09:35:19 +0000, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>> And actually, if you take the paragraph above and replace
>>> "professional bicycle racing" with any other organized human endeavor,
>>> and "performance-enhancing drugs" with another 'cheating' method ...
>>> you can see that there is nothing unique to bike racing. (e.g, try
>>> "politics" and "influence peddling")

>SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>> e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

>Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
>checker, but somebodies got to do it.

I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
against podium girls.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> This has taken a nasty turn.
> >>
> >> Curtis L. Russell

> ..
> >
> >So would that be illustrated with a oicture of Britany, Paris,
> >Lindsay, or Madonna?
> >Bill C

> Those would cover the 'nasty' part of the equation, unless by
> 'Britany' you meant the spaniel.

With that spelling, he apparently meant neither.

Recovering English major,

On May 3, 10:32 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> > ..

> > >So would that be illustrated with a oicture of Britany, Paris,
> > >Lindsay, or Madonna?
> > >Bill C

> > Those would cover the 'nasty' part of the equation, unless by
> > 'Britany' you meant the spaniel.

> With that spelling, he apparently meant neither.
>
> Recovering English major,
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
> to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos- Hide quoted text -

Spelling is usually OK, typing is horrible, and that's on a good day.
I'd be willing to look up the spelling for the Spaniel, but I really
don't care how the skanks spell it.
Should slow down, and use spell check, but, damn, that ruins the flow
of the conversation for me. Lots of little idiosyncracies that require
the good will of others. I do occasionally cringe at some of it
though. The general level of everyone else's typing, and their
tolerance for my **** poor skills are a pleasant, and much
appreciated, surprise for me.
Bill C

On May 3, 9:36 am, Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
> against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
> against podium girls.

How do you feel about firm podium girls?

On 3 May 2007 08:55:52 -0700, "[email protected]"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On May 3, 9:36 am, Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
>> against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
>> against podium girls.

>How do you feel about firm podium girls?

Leaning toward them, as much as possible. And I realize now that my
last sentence could be taken two ways. If you have your choice between
being firmly against a particular podium girl and being firmly against
having podium girls as a concept, I'd lean toward the first. As much
as possible.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Montesquiou wrote:
>> > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
>> > [email protected]...

>> > As I know one of them, I was sure that "none" was not the answer.
>> > It happens around 15/16 Y old
>> >

>> He said true champions, not teenage might-have-beens.

Yes, I know, my english is far from perfect.
However, I hope you can understand it, we use in France expressions like "
Champions en herbe, jeunes champions, petits champions, véritables
champions" also for to name young sportman.
I am thinking, as an example, to the french swimmer Laure Manaudou.
She was 14 years old when she began to train with Philippe Lucas.
14 years old .... and training because she was a true champion at 14,
winning so many competitions that Lucas convinced his father.

Look in your country and tell me if there is no similar example.

Indeed I agree with those who expressed concern on the lack of similar drug
tests in other sports....

> That's the point I was making - we don't have any idea if they were
> going to be champions until they actually became one.
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Never take a tenant with a monkey.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article
<[email protected]>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 3, 10:32 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > ..

> > > Those would cover the 'nasty' part of the equation, unless by
> > > 'Britany' you meant the spaniel.

> > With that spelling, he apparently meant neither.
> >
> > Recovering English major,

> Spelling is usually OK, typing is horrible, and that's on a good day.
> I'd be willing to look up the spelling for the Spaniel, but I really
> don't care how the skanks spell it.
> Should slow down, and use spell check, but, damn, that ruins the flow
> of the conversation for me. Lots of little idiosyncracies that require
> the good will of others. I do occasionally cringe at some of it
> though. The general level of everyone else's typing, and their
> tolerance for my **** poor skills are a pleasant, and much
> appreciated, surprise for me.

You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:
> You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

Dumbass,
On rbr we're all idiotsyncratic by definition otherwise we wouldn't be
here.

in message <[email protected]>, Curtis L. Russell
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2007 09:35:19 +0000, Donald Munro
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>>> e.g., "podium girls with breast implants."

>>Its a dirty job being the official WADA podium girl breast implant
>>checker, but somebodies got to do it.

> I hope you are humane and warm up your hands first. I am firmly
> against cruelty to podium girls. Which is different than being firmly
> against podium girls.

I don't mind being held firmly against podium girls...

Ye hypocrites! are these your pranks? To murder men and give God thanks?
Desist, for shame! Proceed no further: God won't accept your thanks for
murther
-- Robert Burns, 'Thanksgiving For a National Victory'

Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>
> Leaning toward them, as much as possible. And I realize now that my
> last sentence could be taken two ways. If you have your choice between
> being firmly against a particular podium girl and being firmly against
> having podium girls as a concept, I'd lean toward the first. As much
> as possible.

I would think you would stand up straight against the podium girls.

--
Bill Asher

On Thu, 03 May 2007 22:08:40 +0200, Donald Munro
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Bill C wrote:
>>> Should slow down, and use spell check, but, damn, that ruins the flow
>>> of the conversation for me. Lots of little idiosyncracies that require
>>> the good will of others.

>Michael Press wrote:
>> You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

>Dumbass,
>On rbr we're all idiotsyncratic by definition otherwise we wouldn't be
>here.

Nirvana on rbr is the achievement on occasion of idiot synchronicity.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On May 3, 7:12 am, Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote:
> Montesquiou wrote:
> > "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> > [email protected]...

> >> That's true. But you're forgetting that the answer might as easily be
> >> "none" as any that you may be thinking of.

> > As I know one of them, I was sure that "none" was not the answer.
> > It happens around 15/16 Y old

> He said true champions, not teenage might-have-beens.

Are we still talking about podium girls here, or back to the riders?

need more sun wrote:
> Are we still talking about podium girls here, or back to the riders?

Presumably teenage might-have-been podium girls are the ones who had to
be woken up every hour to roll over lest their breast implants suffocate
them.

In article <[email protected]>,
Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2007 22:08:40 +0200, Donald Munro
> <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Michael Press wrote:
> >> You misspelled `idiosyncrasies', dumbass.

> >Dumbass,
> >On rbr we're all idiotsyncratic by definition otherwise we wouldn't be
> >here.
> >

> Nirvana on rbr is the achievement on occasion of idiot synchronicity.

Which is often a case of having all the cranks in line.

--

On May 1, 3:42 am, <Montesquiou> wrote:
> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>

> > Are we seeing the demise of professional bicycle racing? It seems to

> > I'd advocate freezing the sport for about 50 years, to abolish its
> > current drug culture, then starting back up from scratch, with
> > hopefully ironclad drug testing by that time.

> > Rick H

> Agree, Rick.
>
> How many true champions left the sport because they never accepted the
> dopping ?
> We never will know.
> And the cheaters - those who accept drugs for money - want us to clap hands.
>
> Sad, very sad

Basso's apparent admission of guilt/involvement in Puerto is the
latest nail in the coffin.

Rick H