The Devil Went Down To Moab

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jd, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Some people know me all too well.

    The Devil Went Down to Moab

    by Jeffreak

    The Devil went down to Moab.

    He was looking for a trail to ride.

    Singletrack or doubletrack,

    Just how could he decide?

    When he came upon this young man

    ridin' his bike and ridin' it hard.

    The Devil hopped off of his Huffy bike

    And offered the guy his card.

    "I bet you didn't know it,

    but I'm a hard core biker too.

    And if you ain't too busy surfin' the net,

    I'll make a bet with you.

    Now you spin a pretty good gear my friend,

    but you damn sure ain't the pooh.

    I'll bet a cycle of gold against your soul

    ‘Cause I know I'm faster than you."

    The boy said, "My name's Jerry,

    and my hair may be too long.

    But I'll take your bet

    you're gonna regret

    ‘Cause I'll smoke you like a bong."

    Jerry tighten up your spokes

    and spin your pedals fast.

    ‘Cause Satan's loose in Utah

    and he hates to finish last.

    Now if you win you'll get this

    shiny Huffy made of gold.

    But if you lose, the Devil gets your soul.

    The Devil popped his kickstand up,

    and said,"I'll start this race."

    But his cloven hooves slipped off his pedals

    and he landed on his face.

    He picked himself up off the ground,

    and was he ever pissed.

    He spewed a stream of obscenities,

    and it sounded something like this.

    When the Devil finished, Jerry said, "Well, that wasn't very cool.

    Now shut your mouth and pay attention, you pathetic little fool.

    Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.

    With tires that are extra wide.

    Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.

    Ass so numb it no longer hurts.

    The Devil shook his head and whispered, "Boy! I really suck."

    Then he loaded the golden Huffy in the back of Jerry's Truck.

    And Jerry said, "Devil, I'd invite you back if you weren't such a chump.

    Now I'm taken this piece of Huffy crap straight over to the dump."

    Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.

    With tires that are extra wide.

    Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.

    Ass so numb it no longer hurts.

    Tags:

  2. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > The Devil popped his kickstand up,
    >
    > and said,"I'll start this race."
    >
    > But his cloven hooves slipped off his pedals
    >
    > and he landed on his face.
    >
    > He picked himself up off the ground,
    >
    > and was he ever pissed.
    >
    > He spewed a stream of obscenities,
    >
    > and it sounded something like this.

    Well that just goes to show you the devil should have visited am-b first.

    "Hi everyone, I'm new to mountain biking. What shoe/pedal combination would you suggest for a rider
    with cloven hooves? When is the best time to visit Moab?

    Devil"

  3. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:15:09 -0800, JD wrote:

    > Some people know me all too well.
    >

    > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    >
    > by Jeffreak
    >

    > The boy said, "My name's Jerry,
    >
    > and my hair may be too long.
    >
    > But I'll take your bet
    >
    > you're gonna regret
    >
    > ‘Cause I'll smoke you like a bong."

    This is great!

    gabrielle, ROFLMAO

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Some people know me all too well.
    >

    > Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.
    >
    > With tires that are extra wide.
    >
    > Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.
    >
    > Ass so numb it no longer hurts.

    Hehehe....You've been living out in "the middle of everywhere" too long. Good one!

    Mike

  5. Lone Wolf

    Lone Wolf Guest

  6. Martees

    Martees Guest

  7. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 29 Jan 2003 14:15:09 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

    [snip]

    FINALLY SOMETHING WORTH THE TIME!

    Peace, Bill

    Wonder if the Charlie Daniel's Band gets any residuals?

    :-]

  8. JD wrote:

    > Some people know me all too well.
    >
    > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    >
    > by Jeffreak
    >

    > The Devil went down to Moab.
    >
    > He was looking for a trail to ride.

    You have a little too much time on your hands.

    Otherwise... well done.

  9. JD wrote:
    > Some people know me all too well.
    >

    > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    >
    > by Jeffreak snip<

    classic... Somebody want to add this to the FAQ (under "Why do all these people make fools of
    themselves over JD?")

    Jon "Commander" Bond

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Some people know me all too well.
    >

    > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    >
    > by Jeffreak
    >

    > The Devil went down to Moab.
    >
    > He was looking for a trail to ride.
    >
    > Singletrack or doubletrack,
    >
    > Just how could he decide?
    >

    > When he came upon this young man
    >
    > ridin' his bike and ridin' it hard.
    >
    > The Devil hopped off of his Huffy bike
    >
    > And offered the guy his card.
    >

    > "I bet you didn't know it,
    >
    > but I'm a hard core biker too.
    >
    > And if you ain't too busy surfin' the net,
    >
    > I'll make a bet with you.
    >
    > Now you spin a pretty good gear my friend,
    >
    > but you damn sure ain't the pooh.
    >
    > I'll bet a cycle of gold against your soul
    >
    > 'Cause I know I'm faster than you."
    >

    > The boy said, "My name's Jerry,
    >
    > and my hair may be too long.
    >
    > But I'll take your bet
    >
    > you're gonna regret
    >
    > 'Cause I'll smoke you like a bong."
    >

    > Jerry tighten up your spokes
    >
    > and spin your pedals fast.
    >
    > 'Cause Satan's loose in Utah
    >
    > and he hates to finish last.
    >
    > Now if you win you'll get this
    >
    > shiny Huffy made of gold.
    >
    > But if you lose, the Devil gets your soul.
    >

    > The Devil popped his kickstand up,
    >
    > and said,"I'll start this race."
    >
    > But his cloven hooves slipped off his pedals
    >
    > and he landed on his face.
    >
    > He picked himself up off the ground,
    >
    > and was he ever pissed.
    >
    > He spewed a stream of obscenities,
    >
    > and it sounded something like this.
    >

    > When the Devil finished, Jerry said, "Well, that wasn't very cool.
    >
    > Now shut your mouth and pay attention, you pathetic little fool.
    >

    > Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.
    >
    > With tires that are extra wide.
    >
    > Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.
    >
    > Ass so numb it no longer hurts.
    >

    > The Devil shook his head and whispered, "Boy! I really suck."
    >
    > Then he loaded the golden Huffy in the back of Jerry's Truck.
    >
    > And Jerry said, "Devil, I'd invite you back if you weren't such a chump.
    >
    > Now I'm taken this piece of Huffy crap straight over to the dump."
    >

    > Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.
    >
    > With tires that are extra wide.
    >
    > Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.
    >
    > Ass so numb it no longer hurts.

    That, was fucking _excellent_, heheheheheheheh!

    Gonna save that - cheers Jock! ',;~}

    Shaun aRe - knows class when he reads it.

  11. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    > Some people know me all too well.
    >

    > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    >
    > by Jeffreak
    >

    > The Devil popped his kickstand up,
    >
    > and said,"I'll start this race."
    >
    > But his cloven hooves slipped off his pedals
    >
    > and he landed on his face.
    >
    > He picked himself up off the ground,
    >
    > and was he ever pissed.
    >
    > He spewed a stream of obscenities,
    >
    > and it sounded something like this.

    Man that's good. I found myself trying to figure the music and the sound of gnashing gears (on
    Beelzubub's part) into the mix.

    Lance

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    it's GEORGIA dumbfuck, "The Devil went down to GEORGIA" It is decidedly un-American to plagiarize
    The CDB in this manner. Again, you loose style points, because you have NONE!

    Dave (Kid Rock wants your address punk!)

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Dave <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > it's GEORGIA dumbfuck, "The Devil went down to GEORGIA" It is decidedly un-American to plagiarize
    > The CDB in this manner. Again, you loose style points, because you have NONE!
    >
    > Dave (Kid Rock wants your address punk!)

    Just knew you'd have to stick your big smelly oar in - your are turning from a mere stupid idiot
    into a grade A tosser quickly we can all hear the fucking sonic boom FFS.

    Shaun aRe

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Some people know me all too well.

    Meaning the author, Jeffreak.

    > > Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.
    > >
    > > With tires that are extra wide.
    > >
    > > Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.
    > >
    > > Ass so numb it no longer hurts.
    >

    > Hehehe....You've been living out in "the middle of everywhere" too long. Good one!

    Never too long for me. Jeffreak was bored the other night and he ginned that up much to the
    amusement of our coworkers. Anything to stay awake...

    JD

  15. "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](removethisbittosend)secretworldgovernment.org> wrote in message
    news:eek:%[email protected]...

    <snip> I await "SingalongaFruita" with bated breath.

    Didn't the Bothy Band record that one back in the Seventies?

    Ashmore

  16. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Some people know me all too well.
    >
    > Meaning the author, Jeffreak.
    >
    > > > Straight up the mountain. Ride, Freak, Ride.
    > > >
    > > > With tires that are extra wide.
    > > >
    > > > Jumpin' them rocks and kickin' up dirt.
    > > >
    > > > Ass so numb it no longer hurts.
    > >

    > > Hehehe....You've been living out in "the middle of everywhere" too long. Good one!
    >
    > Never too long for me. Jeffreak was bored the other night and he ginned that up much to the
    > amusement of our coworkers. Anything to stay awake...
    >
    > JD

    Idle minds are the devils workshop?! );^)

  17. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    Not bad. How about "A Bike with No Name"?

  18. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > Some people know me all too well.
    > >

    > > The Devil Went Down to Moab
    > >
    > > by Jeffreak snip<
    >
    > classic... Somebody want to add this to the FAQ (under "Why do all these people make fools of
    > themselves over JD?")

    Good idea!

    Bomba, you hear that? :)

    Spider

    P.S. JD - you funny.

  19. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  20. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > Not bad. How about "A Bike with No Name"?
    > >

    > "Ventana highway."

    Even better!