the difference between greg lemond and lace armstrong

On May 30, 3:06 am, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:
> well i just watched some video of luz Ardiden's clim in 1985 and sestriere
> in 1999
>
> in 1985:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM
>
> 15 year after:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE
>
> when you see the difference it's just so obvious that american now are full
> and loaded of dope and that they cheat

Yep, just like most of the european racers...in the 100+ years of the
TdF, Americans have won 11 times. Doping is not unique to any group
except 'pro' athletes.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> On May 30, 3:06 am, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> well i just watched some video of luz Ardiden's clim in 1985 and sestriere
>> in 1999
>>
>> in 1985:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM
>>
>> 15 year after:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE
>>
>> when you see the difference it's just so obvious that american now are full
>> and loaded of dope and that they cheat

> Yep, just like most of the european racers...in the 100+ years of the
> TdF, Americans have won 11 times. Doping is not unique to any group
> except 'pro' athletes.

It's weird. Basso confesses and Ullrich is busted. But all anyone wants
to talk about is a RETIRED LA and whether HE doped too.

On May 30, 9:58 am, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]> wrote:

> It's weird. Basso confesses and Ullrich is busted. But all anyone wants
> to talk about is a RETIRED LA and whether HE doped too.

Screw Lance. I really want to know if Major Taylor was a doper. Or
Mile a Minute Murphy.

I think we have to go back in time to get at the roots of doping. Did
bone-shaker riders whiff ether? Did Leonardo munch magic mushrooms
while sketching up that famous bicycle? This is _crucial_ information
if we are to combat the War on Terr...oops...War on Doping!

On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:06:26 +0200, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:

>well i just watched some video of luz Ardiden's clim in 1985 and sestriere
>in 1999
>
>in 1985:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM
>
>15 year after:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE
>

>when you see the difference it's just so obvious that american now are full
>and loaded of dope and that they cheat

Huh? A super-domestique holding back to not drop the leader when he's in the
break on a different mountain at a different stage in the race than the guy in
yellow trying to nail it down shows you what, exactly?

What am I supposed to see here?

Sorry, you're out there with the conspirati.

Ron

On May 30, 9:58 am, Fred Fredburger
<[email protected]>

> It's weird. Basso confesses and Ullrich is busted. But all anyone wants
> to talk about is a RETIRED LA and whether HE doped too.

dumbass,

it's not "all anyone" wants to talk about, it's what lafferty wants to
talk about.

On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:06:26 +0200, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:

>well i just watched some video of luz Ardiden's clim in 1985 and sestriere
>in 1999
>
>in 1985:
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM
>
>15 year after:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE
>

>when you see the difference it's just so obvious that american now are full
>and loaded of dope and that they cheat

I watched (and enjoyed) the two clips and the only thing that's "so
obvious" is something we already knew; Lance climbed at a higher
cadence than just about anyone else.

I recall a quote from Jan Ullrich a number of years ago about trying a
higher cadence and not liking it. I thought at the time, "You may have
tried it, but Lance committed to it."

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

On Wed, 30 May 2007 17:18:48 GMT, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>the only thing that's "so
>obvious" is something we already knew; Lance climbed at a higher
>cadence than just about anyone else.

Pantani sometimes spun it like a fiend uphill.

--
JT
****************************

On May 30, 10:24 am, RonSonic <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2007 11:06:26 +0200, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >well i just watched some video of luz Ardiden's clim in 1985 and sestriere
> >in 1999

> >in 1985:
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZY9287pYZM

> >15 year after:

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE

> >when you see the difference it's just so obvious that american now are full
> >and loaded of dope and that they cheat

> Huh? A super-domestique holding back to not drop the leader when he's in the
> break on a different mountain at a different stage in the race than the guy in
> yellow trying to nail it down shows you what, exactly?
>
> What am I supposed to see here?
>
> Sorry, you're out there with the conspirati.
>
> Ron

Come on, you don't mean that you're actually trying to put those races
into context or anything. That will spoil an otherwise fine trolling
effort by "yellow bottle".

On May 30, 1:31 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Wed, 30 May 2007 17:18:48 GMT, John Everett
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >the only thing that's "so
> >obvious" is something we already knew; Lance climbed at a higher
> >cadence than just about anyone else.

> Pantani sometimes spun it like a fiend uphill.
>
> --
> JT
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

What is the general feeling on the ratio of "high cadence" riders in
the EPO era vs. that same ratio, say, pre-1990?

Are there more racers "spinning like fiends" now than there used to
be? I don't know much about exercise physiology or how systemic EPO
doping might actually effect cadence or racing style but is this the
basic hypothesis: EPO -> more oxygen to the muscles -> more emphasis
on spinning? Just curious...

bidon jaune wrote:
> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
> de news: [email protected]...
>> On Wed, 30 May 2007 17:18:48 GMT, John Everett
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> the only thing that's "so
>>> obvious" is something we already knew; Lance climbed at a higher
>>> cadence than just about anyone else.

>> Pantani sometimes spun it like a fiend uphill.
>>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCIJ2JewPE
>
> it looks effectively like pantani

That's why I always liked Ullrich. He climbed at a much
lower cadence, so you knew he was clean. Not like those
dirty spinners.

Bob Schwartz

On May 30, 3:30 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On May 30, 11:49 am, "bidon jaune" <nce.fr> wrote:
>
> > "John Everett" <[email protected]> a écrit dansle
> > message denews: v4cr53hneorfgnnr4vp02pmpblng4lh__BEGIN_MASK_n#9g02mG7!__...__END_MASK_i?a63jfAD$__BEGIN_MASK_n#[email protected]...

> > it was too fast to be true. nobody climb the moutain like that

> Exactly what do you think you're looking at? LeMond was riding a 39-23
> with a 20 lb bike mostly in a higher gear. Lance was riding a 15 lb
> bike with a 38-25 or even less and spinning.
>
> What's more, Lance was a hell of a lot more professional rider than
> LeMond, not to knock Greg mind you.

there you have it folks. straight from the charlie rosen of cycling.

<[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
On May 30, 11:49 am, "bidon jaune" <nce.fr> wrote:
> "John Everett" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
> message denews:
> v4cr53hneorfgnnr4vp02pmpblng4lh__BEGIN_MASK_n#[email protected]...
>
> it was too fast to be true. nobody climb the moutain like that

>Exactly what do you think you're looking at? LeMond was riding a 39-23
>with a 20 lb bike mostly in a higher gear. Lance was riding a 15 lb

<bike with a 38-25 or even less and spinning.

maybe, the difference is that greg remain a legend here , perhaps because he
was the first american to go, he was young ,clean and not snob at all

On May 30, 5:06 am, "bidon jaune" <[email protected]> wrote:
> when you see the difference it's just so obvious ...

The difference is ... in '85 we had John Tesh ... blech. He's the one
we must hold responsible for cheesy-dramatic-synth background music.

On May 30, 4:26 pm, "bidon jaune" <nce.fr> wrote:
he was young ,clean and not snob at all

Then he obviously wasn't Parisian, and you're still a jackass.
Bill C

"bidon jaune" <nce.fr> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>>Exactly what do you think you're looking at? LeMond was riding a 39-23
>>with a 20 lb bike mostly in a higher gear. Lance was riding a 15 lb

> <bike with a 38-25 or even less and spinning.
>
> maybe, the difference is that greg remain a legend here , perhaps because
> he was the first american to go, he was young ,clean and not snob at all

Maybe you ought to think about this for a second - Greg LeMond has a red
blood cell problem and suddenly it was fixed by a shot of iron?

You are aware that at the same time EPO was becoming available?

[email protected] wrote:
> On May 30, 9:58 am, Fred Fredburger
> <[email protected]>
>
>> It's weird. Basso confesses and Ullrich is busted. But all anyone wants
>> to talk about is a RETIRED LA and whether HE doped too.

> dumbass,
>
> it's not "all anyone" wants to talk about, it's what lafferty wants to
> talk about.

Well, him and a whole bunch of posters we've never heard of before.