ladiesrunningsh

Nov 25, 2010
Hi Dudes

Wayne here from cool United Kingdom.

Joined this forum today.

Also started a topic on
The differences between Gents and Ladies Running Shoes

Ladies bodies are softer than Gents.
So ladies running shoes should be more comfortable than gents.

What do you think?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

[COLOR= #0000ff]Hi, Wayne![/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Sierra here from northern California.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]You're asking a difficult question, because to decide which is more comfortable, we would have to wear both types. I doubt that many men here would confess to wearing ladies' running shoes, and similarly suspect most women don't wear men's running shoes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]There may be a few... I have been known to buy a men's sneaker when I couldn't find a similar style my size in the women's shoes. But I think your question is difficult to answer.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= #0000ff]Good luck with it, though![/COLOR]

I think you should find a running forum and ask there. My impression was that women runners, as a rule, are not soft.

I think someone, and I'm not saying who, doesn't know enough about women to really talk. Go to slowtwitch.com and I'll bet 100 of 100 women without shoes on their feet, could dominate you and your entire running team if you have one.

There are professional sports manufacturers, from bikes to shoes to swimming attire to anything and everything in between over there, real pros of their trades not to mention world class professional athletes, all dedicated to athletics who can help you if you ask, from medicine to products, every thing you will ever need to know about running shoes and just how badly a woman can obliterate a man in a race as well. Ever hear of Chrissie Wellington? You should, she's English. She is breaking the sex barrier almost daily and I said that she would last year when people didn't believe she would but she is, now dominating world class veteran pro male athletes everywhere, just shattering course records. And she's a tiny little petite and almost fragile looking thing and a real power house.

Also there is Beginnertriathlete.com. and Trifuel.com.

In general, the difference between most lasts for men's and women's athletic shoes is in the width--men's are wider with more flair at the forefoot--and in the position of the longitudinal arch--women's are set back proportionally closer to the heel. There are probably others but those are the big ones.