The Dishonesty of Mountain Bikers

Mike Vandeman

Guest
From a friend:

Mike, I will never again agree to be interviewed by a mountain biker for
anything -- documentary, video, thesis, term paper, magazine article, you
name it. I say this by hard and bitter experience. I have done so in the
past and what happened is that my words were twisted, taken out of context,
edited, and otherwise slanted to be, in several cases, the exact opposite of
what I actually said. Several promised to send me drafts -- which never
happened. One writer swore that the article was to appear in a reputable
magazine published by National Geographic -- and wound up being published in
Bicycling magazine. They are incapable of being impartial and will twist
the facts to suit their thesis.
Therefore, my standard response is, No, no and NO again. I do so
gently and with courtesy, saying that while "you" may be truly impartial and
honest, I have been tricked and swindled one time too many and therefore
"you" must bear the penalty. Period.
My advice to you is: Be careful!! Decline the request. Send her your
famous essay! And please do not refer her to me (;-))) -- I'm sure you
wouldn't anyway without my permission. I just hope to God that somebody
else doesn't sic her on to me. I sound bitter because I am -- I am still
furious at some of these cheats and liars.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Hey Mike, Suck my ****!
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/**********

<Snip for happy (B.S. No Really)>
Feeding the troll. Im feeding the troll.
I am -- I am still
> furious at some of these cheats and liars.
>
> ===

I am sure you are making this up. As usual. You are a product of the SF
environmental propaganda. The real environmentalists are the ones living
near the areas in question and helping the lawenforcement enforce the
existing laws. Mike, If you had the balls to move out of that cush little
world in SF. You would see that your ranting to Mountainbikers is ill
concieved. There is bigger fish to fry. Why are you not attacking
motorized users? Why are you not attacking Hunters? I can see through your
********. As a trail user you are the one that gets trails closed for
everyone. That's not what you want. ( This has been clearly demonstrated
in your numerous ******** posts) You want to walk the trails. Don't worry.
Statistically you will die before 90% of the Mountainbikers. They will have
the opportunity to ride their mountainbikes on your grave some day. And I
will applaude them.

TJ

"TJ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> <Snip for happy (B.S. No Really)>
> Feeding the troll. Im feeding the troll.
> I am -- I am still
> > furious at some of these cheats and liars.
> >
> > ===

> I am sure you are making this up. As usual. You are a product of the SF
> environmental propaganda. The real environmentalists are the ones living
> near the areas in question and helping the lawenforcement enforce the
> existing laws. Mike, If you had the balls to move out of that cush little
> world in SF. You would see that your ranting to Mountainbikers is ill
> concieved. There is bigger fish to fry. Why are you not attacking
> motorized users? Why are you not attacking Hunters? I can see through

your
> ********. As a trail user you are the one that gets trails closed for
> everyone. That's not what you want. ( This has been clearly demonstrated
> in your numerous ******** posts) You want to walk the trails. Don't

worry.
> Statistically you will die before 90% of the Mountainbikers. They will

have
> the opportunity to ride their mountainbikes on your grave some day. And I
> will applaude them.

Why should he be attacking Hunters, if it weren't for their money that has
been raised since the 1930's there would be very little wildlife habit
remaining? They are the true environmentalists, people like Mike are
phony's.

> From a friend:
>
> Mike, I will never again agree to be interviewed by a mountain biker for
> anything -- documentary, video, thesis, term paper, magazine article, you
> name it. I say this by hard and bitter experience. I have done so in
> the
> past and what happened is that my words were twisted, taken out of
> context,
> edited, and otherwise slanted to be, in several cases, the exact opposite
> of
> what I actually said. Several promised to send me drafts -- which never
> happened. One writer swore that the article was to appear in a reputable
> magazine published by National Geographic -- and wound up being published
> in
> Bicycling magazine. They are incapable of being impartial and will twist
> the facts to suit their thesis.
> Therefore, my standard response is, No, no and NO again. I do so
> gently and with courtesy, saying that while "you" may be truly impartial
> and
> honest, I have been tricked and swindled one time too many and therefore
> "you" must bear the penalty. Period.
> My advice to you is: Be careful!! Decline the request. Send her your
> famous essay! And please do not refer her to me (;-))) -- I'm sure you
> wouldn't anyway without my permission. I just hope to God that somebody
> else doesn't sic her on to me. I sound bitter because I am -- I am still
> furious at some of these cheats and liars.
>
> ===
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Yeah, 'cuz the resident troll never does this when quoting mountain Bikers
"and what happened is that my words were twisted, taken out of context,
edited, and otherwise slanted to be, in several cases, the exact opposite of
what I actually said." Then again, we're all a bunch of liars anyway so
what did your alleged friend think was going to happen in the first place?

Nice to see that while the world changes, idiots still remain idiots.
Maintain the status quo Mikey. Be the rock in a sea of change.

Michael

Michael wrote:

>Yeah, 'cuz the resident troll never does this when quoting mountain Bikers
>"and what happened is that my words were twisted, taken out of context,
>edited, and otherwise slanted to be, in several cases, the exact opposite of
>what I actually said." Then again, we're all a bunch of liars anyway so
>what did your alleged friend think was going to happen in the first place?
>
>Nice to see that while the world changes, idiots still remain idiots.
>Maintain the status quo Mikey. Be the rock in a sea of change.
>
>Michael

You reallize the basic distinction between ignorance & stupidity?
Ignorance can be overcome.

Pete H

--
Either everyone has rights or some have privileges.
It's really that simple.

> From a friend:
>
> Mike, I will never again agree to be interviewed by a mountain biker for
> anything -- documentary, video, thesis, term paper, magazine article, you
> name it. I say this by hard and bitter experience. I have done so in

the
> past and what happened is that my words were twisted, taken out of

context,
> edited, and otherwise slanted to be, in several cases, the exact opposite

of
> what I actually said. Several promised to send me drafts -- which never
> happened. One writer swore that the article was to appear in a reputable
> magazine published by National Geographic -- and wound up being published

in
> Bicycling magazine. They are incapable of being impartial and will twist
> the facts to suit their thesis.
> Therefore, my standard response is, No, no and NO again. I do so
> gently and with courtesy, saying that while "you" may be truly impartial

and
> honest, I have been tricked and swindled one time too many and therefore
> "you" must bear the penalty. Period.
> My advice to you is: Be careful!! Decline the request. Send her your
> famous essay! And please do not refer her to me (;-))) -- I'm sure you
> wouldn't anyway without my permission. I just hope to God that somebody
> else doesn't sic her on to me. I sound bitter because I am -- I am still
> furious at some of these cheats and liars.

.... he said as if he - Mike Vandeman - never takes anything out of context
and twists it to meet his warped agenda.