the Donut Ride video of local wknd ride in Toronto area

CdnRider

Apr 16, 2010
Hi Guys,

Thought this would be of interest. Someone put together a pretty cool video of one of the local rides here in Toronto. This group heads out Saturdays and Sundays with varying routes around the Toronto area. 80-120kms.

The vid also includes telemetry which shows speed, cadence, grade, bpm..etc. Pretty cool. These guys are fast!

Enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw81tompuL4&feature=related]YouTube - Toronto Donut Ride, Saturday, 20 March 2010 with Ride Telemetry[/ame]

About Us... | Donut Ride-Toronto

Yeah, that's PDC (pretty damn cool). They do indeed get rollin' pretty well in TO. Would definitely like to get in on the fun if/when I'm in the area...

We got a group ride out here in Vancity called the Ace or Vets ride that winds its way around Richmond (Vanc. suburb) and the west end Vancouver on Sunday mornings. The ride doesn't encounter as much elevation change as in TO, but the ride is just as fast with a couple designated (and a couple impromptu) sprint locations...

My friend crashed out on the Donut Ride two weekends ago - fractured pelvis and fractured tailbone. Ouch.

I do like the video and telemetry.

Nice video and the telemetry is pretty cool too.

Having only started to ride seriously after I moved from Toronto to Europe (prior to that I rode mostly by myself), I'm curious how that large group handles the million and one traffic lights and stop signs you must encounter. Do you soft-pedal and wait if half the group is stuck behind, or do you just run them?

To be honest, I can't imagine what it must be like to ride on such straight big roads for miles on end... I wonder if I moved back to Canada whether I'd get nearly as much pleasure out of riding in the countryside as I do now on the narrow, twisty, hilly and quiet roads in the UK.

smaryka said:
Nice video and the telemetry is pretty cool too.

Having only started to ride seriously after I moved from Toronto to Europe (prior to that I rode mostly by myself), I'm curious how that large group handles the million and one traffic lights and stop signs you must encounter. Do you soft-pedal and wait if half the group is stuck behind, or do you just run them?

To be honest, I can't imagine what it must be like to ride on such straight big roads for miles on end... I wonder if I moved back to Canada whether I'd get nearly as much pleasure out of riding in the countryside as I do now on the narrow, twisty, hilly and quiet roads in the UK.

The Donut Ride waits for no-one. But there is a traditional stop at a coffee shop.