The e-tricycle is the newest fad

Discussion in 'Commuting and Road Safety' started by Corzhens, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Teenagers are going gaga over the e-tricycle. According to the blurb, the e-tricycle is safe since a crash is virtually impossible with its 3 wheels. It is also safe from the elements with the sturdy roofing. What's more, it is expensive so it exudes class to the rider. The pic was taken in an avenue in Metro Manila beside a classy village called Valle Verde. IMG_5009 ebike.JPG

Tags:

2. reighn

reighn Member

This one should not be in the main roads, all the E-bike should be in the streets only. E-bike or E-tricycle doesn't have plate number and you can drive it even without license.
    You're right, its looks safe to drive.

3. Chuckabutty

Chuckabutty Active Member

If your city has mandated the wearing of shoes on bikes and motorcycles, perhaps it ought to mandate helmets for young people on electric trikes. They look like fun but I don't think I'd like to be riding one in traffic.

4. treecko142

treecko142 Member

They can be deemed safe but there should still be basic safety precautions like wearing a helmet and seatbelt when riding around these, also maybe not appropriate for the main roads.

5. reighn

reighn Member

I think this one is not really safe in major roads. This e-bike can easily change it direction once there's a big bus running fast beside this bike, or even actually the simple SUV's. The strong wind can easily push them away.

6. jennyfermanuel

jennyfermanuel New Member

Hi. I am from Philippines as well. I've never seen anyone using this one yet. But it looks safe. I am driving a motorcycle, but still I don't feel safe driving on highways or busy streets. I am afraid of getting hit or even with a slightest slide by a car, you will be out of balance, and worst you'll get into an accident. The fact that I am only using a vehicle with two wheels. I can be just thrown on the side anytime. So I am curious about this one. This look nice safe. I wonder how much are these e-tricycle?

Corzhens likes this.
  7. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

It looks like those e-bikes are the high end and for sure would cost more than the motorcycle that you are using. That e-bike in the picture looks safe from all angles but the downside is the speed limit of 30 kilometers per hour. Well, that's okay for leisure rides but I don't think you will use that for commuting to work.

8. treecko142

treecko142 Member

Hmm, if it's more expensive than motorcycles then I'll just really stick to my reliable bike for going into places. I think it would be forgotten by the public in the near future.

Corzhens likes this.
  9. jennyfermanuel

jennyfermanuel New Member

Oh my, 30kph? Ok then, I'd rather put up a side car for my motorbike. Thank you for the information ma'am :) But still I found this one safe for my parents maybe.

Corzhens likes this.