The eBay fraudster returns

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by Werehatrack, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    yeah, right.

    Typical listing:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085

    (mind the line wrap.)

    Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    "Secom Cycle" previously.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  2. >Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
    >From: Werehatrack [email protected]
    >Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    >yeah, right.
    >
    >Typical listing:
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
    >
    >(mind the line wrap.)
    >
    >Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    >"Secom Cycle" previously.
    >--

    This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked accounts and
    advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
    stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

  3. Trek98

    Trek98 Guest

    "Joshua Zlotlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
    >>From: Werehatrack [email protected]
    >>Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>
    >>Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    >>yeah, right.
    >>
    >>Typical listing:
    >>
    >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
    >>
    >>(mind the line wrap.)
    >>
    >>Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    >>"Secom Cycle" previously.
    >>--

    > This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked
    > accounts and
    > advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
    > stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

    ebay yanked all his ads.

    I loved the ones where he couldn't even scale the photos to fit the page.

    Trek98

  4. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, rault00
    @earthWEEDSlink.net says...
    > Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    > yeah, right.
    >
    > Typical listing:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
    >
    > (mind the line wrap.)
    >
    > Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    > "Secom Cycle" previously.

    I looked Wed AM (US Eastern time), and that listing has been removed.

    newsgroups if possible).

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]EMOVE says...

    >This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked accounts

    and
    >advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
    >stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

    I say we all keep them busy by asking a lot of questions. Ask where they are
    located and then say you will be in town and want to pick up the bike in
    person.
    --------------
    Alex

  6. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:44:26 -0500, David Kerber
    <[email protected]_ids.net> wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, rault00
    >@earthWEEDSlink.net says...
    >> Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    >> yeah, right.
    >>
    >> Typical listing:
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
    >>
    >> (mind the line wrap.)
    >>
    >> Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    >> "Secom Cycle" previously.

    >I looked Wed AM (US Eastern time), and that listing has been removed.

    He's back with this and 72 others:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=54264&item=4345789669

    The only things that changed are the email address and the user ID.
    EBay was notified over 24 hours ago; no action yet.

    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  7. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:50:47 -0600, "Trek98" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Joshua Zlotlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> >Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
    >>>From: Werehatrack [email protected]
    >>>Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >>>
    >>>Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
    >>>yeah, right.
    >>>
    >>>Typical listing:
    >>>
    >>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
    >>>
    >>>(mind the line wrap.)
    >>>
    >>>Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
    >>>"Secom Cycle" previously.
    >>>--

    >> This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked
    >> accounts and
    >> advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
    >> stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

    >ebay yanked all his ads.

    For a while, but he's back with a new user ID and email address.

    >I loved the ones where he couldn't even scale the photos to fit the page.

    Those photos were cropped that way on the manufacturer's website, if
    you're talking about the Litespeeds.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  8. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:00:26 -0500, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I say we all keep them busy by asking a lot of questions. Ask where they are
    >located and then say you will be in town and want to pick up the bike in
    >person.

    He's claiming to be in the UK now. It was San Diego originally. My
    bet is that he's somewhere closer to Kiev.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.