The eBay fraudster returns

>Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
>From: Werehatrack [email protected]
>Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
>
>Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
>yeah, right.
>
>Typical listing:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
>
>(mind the line wrap.)
>
>Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
>"Secom Cycle" previously.
>--

This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked accounts and
advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

"Joshua Zlotlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
>>From: Werehatrack [email protected]
>>Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>
>>Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
>>yeah, right.
>>
>>Typical listing:
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
>>
>>(mind the line wrap.)
>>
>>Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
>>"Secom Cycle" previously.
>>--

> This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked
> accounts and
> advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
> stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

ebay yanked all his ads.

I loved the ones where he couldn't even scale the photos to fit the page.

Trek98

In article <[email protected]>, rault00
@earthWEEDSlink.net says...
> Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
> yeah, right.
>
> Typical listing:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
>
> (mind the line wrap.)
>
> Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
> "Secom Cycle" previously.

I looked Wed AM (US Eastern time), and that listing has been removed.

newsgroups if possible).

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected]EMOVE says...

>This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked accounts

and
>advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
>stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

I say we all keep them busy by asking a lot of questions. Ask where they are
located and then say you will be in town and want to pick up the bike in
person.
--------------
Alex

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:44:26 -0500, David Kerber
<ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, rault00
>@earthWEEDSlink.net says...
>> Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
>> yeah, right.
>>
>> Typical listing:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
>>
>> (mind the line wrap.)
>>
>> Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
>> "Secom Cycle" previously.

>I looked Wed AM (US Eastern time), and that listing has been removed.

He's back with this and 72 others:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=54264&item=4345789669

The only things that changed are the email address and the user ID.
EBay was notified over 24 hours ago; no action yet.

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:50:47 -0600, "Trek98" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Joshua Zlotlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> >Subject: The eBay fraudster returns
>>>From: Werehatrack [email protected]
>>>Date: 12/21/2004 8:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
>>>
>>>Zero feedback, advertising expensive bikes for less than dealer cost;
>>>yeah, right.
>>>
>>>Typical listing:
>>>
>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22649&item=6500725085
>>>
>>>(mind the line wrap.)
>>>
>>>Looks very much like the same one that was selling as "Akron Bike" and
>>>"Secom Cycle" previously.
>>>--

>> This isn't the only one. There's another who keeps using hijacked
>> accounts and
>> advertises expensive bikes without a size and claims to have many sizes in
>> stock as he is liquidating his small shop.

>ebay yanked all his ads.

For a while, but he's back with a new user ID and email address.

>I loved the ones where he couldn't even scale the photos to fit the page.

Those photos were cropped that way on the manufacturer's website, if
you're talking about the Litespeeds.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:00:26 -0500, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I say we all keep them busy by asking a lot of questions. Ask where they are
>located and then say you will be in town and want to pick up the bike in
>person.

He's claiming to be in the UK now. It was San Diego originally. My
bet is that he's somewhere closer to Kiev.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.