The End Is Beginning To Show

wrote:

> On Feb 26, 10:26 am, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It's the olive branch of peace.

> Surrender monkey.

Do you have any brie and burgundy left?

--
Bill Asher

wrote:

> On Feb 26, 1:34 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Do you have any brie and burgundy left?

> http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jxbQrCZ8r5J1bOtzAsRsxpp-iuUQD8V274VO0

Even with the new wife, France would be a totally hotter nation, a
country fit to host the premier cycling even in the world even, SuperWeek,
if they had elected the chick instead of him.

I'm off to get some cheese to go with the surrender monkey thing. I'll
save the "you complete me" line for another time.

--
Bill Asher

In article <[email protected]>, William Asher <[email protected]>
wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 26, 1:34 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Do you have any brie and burgundy left?

> > http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jxbQrCZ8r5J1bOtzAsRsxpp-iuUQD8V274VO0
> >

> Even with the new wife, France would be a totally hotter nation, a
> country fit to host the premier cycling even in the world even, SuperWeek,
> if they had elected the chick instead of him.
>
> I'm off to get some cheese to go with the surrender monkey thing.

Forget brie. Get Brillat-Savarin. Since it's a triple cream, it's more Fasters
Fattie appropriate.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

> Forget brie. Get Brillat-Savarin. Since it's a triple cream, it's
> more Fasters
> Fattie appropriate.

Triple cream is not something I want to be associated with. Around here,
the bukake jokes would never stop.

--
Bill Asher

rechungREMOVETHIS wrote:
> Surrender monkey.

Ben will be pleased there are no diarrheac peace doves involved.

Popularity of cycling as a sport isn't really related to popularity of
cycling as a passtime/utility. To be honest, trafic in France always
has been Cycling unfriendly. 20 years ago I dreaded cycling in the
mediteranean Alps and I'm sure it hasn't gotten better. Considering
I'm even starting to get car-scared in the good ole bike friendly
Netherlands, I for one really detest the blinded worship of cars.

Bike friendly countries I have seen:

1. (Northern) Germany. Surprisingly polite people in trafic, pretty
good bicycle infrastructure
2. Netherlands. Dangerous trafic (not the worst, but still bad), due
to being carcrowded to the gills, fantastic bicycle infrastructure
3. Denmark. Decently polite people in trafic (but smaller country, so
carcrowded) , pretty good bicycle infrastructure.

The rest:

1. Switzerland: Polite people in trafic, lacking in infrastructure.
2. Washington State, Wisconsin, Minnesota: Polite people in
trafic(more space, so less crowded helps a lot in drivers
aggressiveness), no infrastructure at all.
3. Belgium. Dangerous trafic, surprising lack of infrastructure
4. France: Horrifying trafic. Not just rude, as outright dangerous. No
infrastructure.
5. Greece. Lethal trafic, worse than France.... Every curb has a
little cross to commemorate someone dying in trafic.... No
infrastructure.

All in all bike vacacions in Northern Germany are quite relaxing. The
Netherlands are usually fine, unless you have the (thankfully) rare
busy road without a bicycle section. The Dutch Automobilist mentality
substracts so much that I prefer Germany. In Germany people at least
notice me if I'm at the same road, In the Netherlands (probably
because they are used to cyclists) they speed past you at armlength,
wich is fraying your nerves after a while.

In article
<c120f6c2-dd6c-47fa-8190-67d4641513a6@c33g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] wrote:

> Popularity of cycling as a sport isn't really related to popularity of
> cycling as a passtime/utility. To be honest, trafic in France always
> has been Cycling unfriendly. 20 years ago I dreaded cycling in the
> mediteranean Alps and I'm sure it hasn't gotten better. Considering
> I'm even starting to get car-scared in the good ole bike friendly
> Netherlands, I for one really detest the blinded worship of cars.
>
> Bike friendly countries I have seen:
>
> The rest:
>
> 5. Greece. Lethal trafic, worse than France.... Every curb has a
> little cross to commemorate someone dying in trafic.... No
> infrastructure.

Dumbass: get out of the city. I spent my vacation in the Cyclades.
Greece still isn't a country with any cycling history, culture, or
infrastructure to speak of, but it's a lot prettier out there.

Athens is 2000 years of glorious history buried under five stories of
the most depressing-looking urban sprawl this side of Detroit, with the
Acropolis sticking out of the middle. The subway system has better
archaeological exhibits than any museum in North America*, but LA has a
better road network (and a better climate). LA probably has better
cycling accommodations, too. It certainly has better bike shops.

Here's a simple benchmark: disregarding the cycling issues, you still
wouldn't want to live in Athens. And I say this as someone whose to-do
list includes "learn Greek so you can live and work in Greece."

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing