The End Times

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
Have we any followers here of news concerning The End Times?

The end times are when the world is said to end and there are a lot of prophesies about when this time is said to be upon us.

Christianity and Judaism scripture is replete with references to the end of the world.
In Christianity the location said to be where the end will take place is mention (Armageddon).

I guess for centuries the call has gone out "this marks the end of the world".

Portents of pending disaster include economic chaos, social and societal breakdown.

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn has predicted that these events are almost upon us. A Harbinger

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cahn+jonathan

Whatever happened to September 23 after the Jewish holiday and tetrad? I have not seen anything significant happened on the said dates. Much similar to the Mayan calendar end times last 2012.

Attachments

• end.times.jpg
    end.times.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 21
In the for what it's worth department, Jesus was quoted in the gospel of Mark as saying the end times would occur within the lifetime of the people living in his day. So if he was wrong about that, why should we believe this guy? :D

There will be an end of the world. First the rapture will happen though and then there will be 7 years of great tribulation and trials for all people left on earth. The thing that is wrong is when people set dates or get so hyped up about it. Jesus said we will not know the exact day or hour of his return, all we can do is look at the signs he gave us in the bible and watch. But if you aren't ready for the rapture, you'll be left to go through horrible times the worst the world has ever seen.

I am not sure what year the end will come but I am hoping it occurs on the 15th of April to insure that he IRS doesn't have a chance to cash my income tax payment.

Reactions: limerickman
Its the end of the world - everybody's gonna die! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6kT57Ozan4

It may come as a surprise but the doctrine of the Rapture is not mentioned in any Christian writings, of which we have knowledge, until after the year 1830 C.E. Whether the early writers were Greek or Latin, Armenian or Coptic, Syrian or Ethiopian, English or German, orthodox or heretic, no one mentioned it before 1830 (though a sentence in Pseudo-Dionysius in about 500 C.E. could be so interpreted). Of course, those who feel the origin of the teaching is in the Bible would say that it ceased being taught for some unknown reason at the close of the apostolic age only to reappear in 1830. But if the doctrine were so clearly stated in Scripture, it seems incredible that no one should have referred to it before the 19th century.

The lateness of the doctrine does not necessarily mean the teaching is wrong (only the plain statements of the Bible can reveal that). It does show that thousands of eminent scholars over seventeen centuries (including the most astute “Christian Fathers” and those of the Reformation and post-Reformation periods) must be considered prophetic dunces for not having understood so fundamental a teaching. This lapse of seventeen centuries when no one elaborated on the doctrine must be viewed as an obstacle to accepting its reliability.

I guess people like Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, and the rest were dumbasses, and Hal Lindsey had the real pipeline to the source.

mpre53 said:
It may come as a surprise but the doctrine of the Rapture is not mentioned in any Christian writings, of which we have knowledge, until after the year 1830 C.E. Whether the early writers were Greek or Latin, Armenian or Coptic, Syrian or Ethiopian, English or German, orthodox or heretic, no one mentioned it before 1830 (though a sentence in Pseudo-Dionysius in about 500 C.E. could be so interpreted). Of course, those who feel the origin of the teaching is in the Bible would say that it ceased being taught for some unknown reason at the close of the apostolic age only to reappear in 1830. But if the doctrine were so clearly stated in Scripture, it seems incredible that no one should have referred to it before the 19th century.

The lateness of the doctrine does not necessarily mean the teaching is wrong (only the plain statements of the Bible can reveal that). It does show that thousands of eminent scholars over seventeen centuries (including the most astute “Christian Fathers” and those of the Reformation and post-Reformation periods) must be considered prophetic dunces for not having understood so fundamental a teaching. This lapse of seventeen centuries when no one elaborated on the doctrine must be viewed as an obstacle to accepting its reliability.

I guess people like Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, and the rest were dumbasses, and Hal Lindsey had the real pipeline to the source.

I actually did know that but all the great theologians assume they have the correct interpretation of the writings. Some "Modern day Christians" claim that Christ visited the Native Americans. I have yet to see any Cherokee writings that validate this claim.

mpre53 said:

Scripture says that no one except the Father knows when the world will end. These are the words of Jesus as quoted from the New Testament in the Bible.
Those words suggest that Augustine and Aquinas etc can only guesstimate when the world will end.

limerickman said:
Scripture says that no one except the Father knows when the world will end. These are the words of Jesus as quoted from the New Testament in the Bible.
Those words suggest that Augustine and Aquinas etc can only guesstimate when the world will end.
Mark 13: 24-32

"But in those days, after that suffering, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see 'the Son of Man coming in clouds' with great power and glory. 27 Then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. 28 "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. 32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

This generation (Jesus' generation) will not pass away until these things have taken place. The author of Mark, like many of his contemporaries, including Paul, believed that Jesus' return was imminent. The author of Mark was even more convinced after the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed Herod's temple (and slaughtered a good amount of Jerusalem's population).

Have you seen that new Antichrist movie "the Vatican Sh'tty Files"?

It's not that evil... It's got a Mexican priest and the antichrist is a Blondie from Kentucky or something. :D

mpre53 said:
Mark 13: 24-32

"But in those days, after that suffering, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25 and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see 'the Son of Man coming in clouds' with great power and glory. 27 Then he will send out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven. 28 "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. 31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. 32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

This generation (Jesus' generation) will not pass away until these things have taken place. The author of Mark, like many of his contemporaries, including Paul, believed that Jesus' return was imminent. The author of Mark was even more convinced after the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed Herod's temple (and slaughtered a good amount of Jewrusalem's population).
Or maybe the gospel writers couldn't put a time frame on it to know when the world might end?

Marks says it himself only God could know when the world will end.

Imagine for a minute if man knew that the world would end at say 12th November 2015 at 03.00hrs.
For a start when is 03.00hrs? What time zone does 03.00hrs apply to? Wouldn't that be 02.00hrs in another time zone.
03.00hrs might well be a different day if you're in another hemisphere. You can see the problem.

And even if man could reconcile what 03.00hrs refers to, it is reasonable to think that some would insist on hedging their bets around this knowledge.
"I'll keep whoring and touring until 01.00hrs and for the last two hours I'll get down on my knees and beg forgiveness for me errant ways"

I can see literally dozens of other reasons why it is better that no one knows when the end is nigh!

limerickman said:
"I'll keep whoring and touring until 01.00hrs

Shiiiiiii... Ninjas are doing the Antichrist... But its not that Evil...
Ain't that a B...

Dats my "Interpretation" of it. :D

I mean da girl did the lot... The unnatural bendy bendy... Da tongue flipping... The alcoholic demon voice...

Sh't Ninja... She even did this whole insane ninjas and animals influence thang... But it just wasn't that evil!

So dat punk b^tch @ss director should go back to work to make my evilness money! Or I'll excorsize his pentagram @ss... :D

Dats a witch Brah! :D

VT-Feature-1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xc2c6AGwc

Could you do me a favor limerickman? Go to my last post before this one, and edit it? I didn't realize that I fat fingered the e and w when I typed Jerusalem---it read Jewrusalem. Before someone gets offended at it.

Thanks.

mpre53 said:
Could you do me a favor limerickman? Go to my last post before this one, and edit it? I didn't realize that I fat fingered the e and w when I typed Jerusalem---it read Jewrusalem. Before someone gets offended at it.

I got it.

Thanks.

Reactions: limerickman
mpre53 said:
Could you do me a favor limerickman? Go to my last post before this one, and edit it? I didn't realize that I fat fingered the e and w when I typed Jerusalem---it read Jerusalem. Before someone gets offended at it.

Thanks.
I didn't see your post until now, mp.
I apologise for that.

But I see that JH sorted out the typo, so all is well.

Thanks JH for sorting that out.