The equivalent to the trek 4500??

mike7382

Jul 27, 2004
Can some people tell me what the equivalent bike to the trek 4500 mountain bike is?? i mean like cannondale or giant or gary fisher or something else? trek seems to be easy to remember...the higher the number the better the bike...but with gary fisher names like cake i dont know what to look for. Thank You.

mike7382 said:
Can some people tell me what the equivalent bike to the trek 4500 mountain bike is?? i mean like cannondale or giant or gary fisher or something else? trek seems to be easy to remember...the higher the number the better the bike...but with gary fisher names like cake i dont know what to look for. Thank You.
Its a very competetive market and all manufacturers offer comparable products at similar price points...compare hardtails within a few $ of the 4500 and you'll see what each mfg does to make you want to buy their product...but its a balance, one may offer a better fork, but cut back on the deraileur...there's no magic here, everyone buys from the same suppliers, including the frames

JM01 said:
Its a very competetive market and all manufacturers offer comparable products at similar price points...compare hardtails within a few $ of the 4500 and you'll see what each mfg does to make you want to buy their product...but its a balance, one may offer a better fork, but cut back on the deraileur...there's no magic here, everyone buys from the same suppliers, including the frames

thanks for the info