The F1-circus thread...

I used to think F-1 was great. Then when i was in America, i was taken to a local 1/2 mile track in a small city and there i became addicted to NASCAR racing. I have been to several F-1 races in my life, but they are completely lacking in the excitement and competition that goes on on these local tracks. I have never been to a big NASCAR event but we get them on our local TV. I actually prefer the races in the small cities.

I think McLaren-Mercedes and Williams will be very dominating this years. Schumacher will not win the driver's championship and Farrari will not win the construtor's championship.

My favorite driver of all time - Phil Collins.

I am sooo ready for this season to begin...

F1 and NASCAR = no real comparison...

I'm still a Jeff Gordan fan but Schumi IS The Man!!

I'll be at US GP again this year ogling the umbrella girls.

Does anyone here race slot cars? Carrera or Scalextrix? Something else? I got a Carrera track for my son, uh, me, this Christmas that has a BMW and MacClaren. My buddy found a Ferrari. We can't drive the real deals but this is great fun.

Oh yeah. This is a cycling forum isn't it.

Still investigating a new bike. Down to a Klein Palomino or a Litespeed Niota AL or a Fisher of some stripe or a....too many choices.

Tmax1<Jerry>

What a depressing parade around Albert Park. Looks like we've gone from the worst season in history to the best, and back again...

Let's hope things are better in Malaysia. Williams and especially McLaren had better sort it out soon. The only good thing going on is that BAR are starting to look like a real team.

Albert Park was a bit of a procession. Sitting at the first chicane, I was hoping for some action. Nevertheless, the Ferraris were supreme.
Also managed to get close to Button, Rubens, Ralf, Alex, Bernie and Louise Goodman. Has anyone here ever had Paddock access?

But best of all, have a look at what I am now the proud owner of! :D

Originally posted by Vo2
Has anyone here ever had Paddock access?

Not for F1 (yet!) but I have for MotoGP. It's absolutely awesome!

Originally posted by Vo2

Way cool, Vo2! I didn't manage to get anything like that, so I'm now exceedingly jealous. ;)

Originally posted by Vo2
Albert Park was a bit of a procession. Sitting at the first chicane, I was hoping for some action. Nevertheless, the Ferraris were supreme.
Also managed to get close to Button, Rubens, Ralf, Alex, Bernie and Louise Goodman. Has anyone here ever had Paddock access?

Paddock access - 2 ways of doing it, be very important or make sure your name is Bernie Eckelston.

BTW, I will send you my postal address, I appreciate it that you got me such a nice poster :D

Uhm...that ain't a poster mate!. That is the real deal. An autographed photo!

theedge said:
Is this thread dead? Where did all the F1 fans go? :confused:

It's not dead it's just become so one-sided that even the Ferrari and MS fans has become bored stiff. I mean how many times do you want to read about Schumi and the Ferrari doing it again.

Being an American I am usually alone over here in the USA with my love of F1 especially surrounded by all the NASCAR folks but for me F1 is THE pinnacle of all Motorsport.

As far as Teams, Drivers, etc...

Favorite Team-Renault

Favorite Driver-Alonzo (he's fearless, talented, has the best starts and frankly doesn't give a shite passing or mixing it up with with Ol' Schuster... which wins him MANY points in my book!). :eek:

All Time Favorite Team-Lotus

All Time Favorite Driver-Jim Clark

Favorite Current Circuit-Suzuka

All Time Favorite Circuit- The Ring